Madison Square Garden

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

White Plains, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Madison Square Garden in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extremely corporate. You are in a room full of people you are competing for the job with. The HR department was very great and personal. The only issue is, there are so many people that you are not remembered for who you are but rather you are remembered by the notes they take on you.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Event Presentation Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Madison Square Garden.

Interview Details – Two interviews & phone screen - Phone screen, 2 interview - one with HR one with department

Interview Question – Normal interview questions - be prepared for position and experience questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation - internship terms are normal with daily stipend.

Guest Experience Representative Interview

Guest Experience Representative
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Madison Square Garden in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process took place over two days, the first interview you met with a representative from HR, the second one was with the actual supervisor of your department.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how would you deal with an unruly patron   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase went quickly and smoothly

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Madison Square Garden

Interview Details – submitted a resume and cover letter and then got a call from HR dept. of Madison Square Garden for an interview. After having an apprx. 10 mins phone interview with the HR person, I went to the office of HR, and met ppl who are in charge to hire me.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Just normal questions.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer

Interviewed at Madison Square Garden

Interview Details – 4 different interviews. Very long interview with HR about details of the freelance contract. Managers are extremely friendly and instantly give the vibe of joining a family

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

MSG Entertainment Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Madison Square Garden in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was actually contacted by a senior HR recruiter through LinkedIn. He advised me to reach out directly to the recruiter handling the position using his name. I did and an interview was scheduled and then rescheduled twice. When I finally got there, I interviewed with the HR rep for about 15 minutes and then had an interview with the department head. After talking for about 1/2 an hour, she said she was impressed by my credentials and experience and remarked that "we speak the same language". I followed up with thank you notes to both and that was the last I heard. I contacted each by phone and then with a hand written note offering my congratulations if they had identified a candidate but asking that they follow up and let me know. The HR rep responded to an email but kept telling me that a decision hadn't been made yet. I finally gave up on ever hearing back.

Interview Question – I didn't think the questions were particularly difficult, but the department head did ask some very insightful questions on process and procedure.   Answer Question

Student Associate Interview

Student Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Madison Square Garden.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a response about a week or two later for a phone interview. My phone interview wasn't set up for another week. After the phone interview I was asked my availability and I didn't hear back from them for about a week. They finally emailed me back and set up an in-person interview for the following week. When I got to the office I sat there for 15 minutes before I was seen. I interviewed with four different people.

Ticketing Interview

Interviewed at Madison Square Garden

Interview Details – Emailed by HR very quickly. Initial meeting to go over culture of company and general background. Lead to additional meeting with team applying for. Called for 2nd round to determine comfort with team.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with a more corporate culture?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Madison Square Garden in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had a Skype interview with HR and then was asked for a follow-up with my future supervisor. Asked about past work experience, behavioral questions, why I'm interested and why I would be a good candidate. Received an offer a few weeks after and asked to do a background check and a drug test.

Interview Question – What's an example of an entrepreneurial idea that could improve MSG?   Answer Question

Manager Partnership Strategy & Service Interview

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Madison Square Garden.

Interview Details – The process lasted over 8 months and I was required to put together a full presentation on a few potential corporate sponsors for MSG without truly knowing the inventory. I had to fly in for three face-to-face interviews on my own money and ended up not receiving a final offer. It was an extremely lengthy process that didn't seem to have an end in sight. I found it to be frustrating because there was definitely a lack clarity on the direction they were looking to go and what type of candidate they were searching for.

Interview Question – How I could succeed in NYC having only done sponsorship/activation within smaller markets   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Madison Square Garden

Worked for Madison Square Garden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Madison Square Garden interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Madison Square Garden employees and interview candidates.