Madison Tyler Holdings

www.madisontyler.com

Madison Tyler Holdings Interview Questions

3.6

Analyst Interview

3 telephone interviews followed by face to face interview in their London offices.

Interview Questions
    • There are three doors in front of you. Behind one door is gold, behind one door is nothing and behind one door is a route that brings you back into the room - so you can pick between the three doors again. What is the probability you will find the gold?   Answer Question

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in June 2011.

First interview was with over a phone with a member of HR team. I was asked why I decided to apply to this particular company and for this particular position. After that I was asked a few basic statistics questions. I did quite well and was invited for a second phone interview, which was with a trader. The second interview consisted of similar general questions (why this company? why this position?), and a few more complicated stats questions. I have answered all questions correctly, but probably was giving answers too slowly. Didn't get through to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • It's three o'clock now. How long will it take for the minute hand and the hour hand to meet for the first time?   View Answers (2)

Trading Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in May 2011.

The phone interview consisted of a short greeting followed by four quatitative questions. I answered all the questions correctly and was still rejected without any feedback. Very confusing recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • what is the angle made by the hands of a clock at 5:15   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in May 2011.

Was told to expect a phone call from LA at a certain time and that i would be getting an interview with a series of brainteasers. The guy asked me about myself and if I was good at maths. Then we went straight into it.
    Was asked to be as precise as possible without using a calculator. Precision was stressed. I asked if there was any time constraint and was told there was not. The interviewer had a rather distant disinterested tone throughout.

I was a little anxious and so i stumbled over the task of getting the exact answer to the second question without a calculator. He told me I answered the first and third correctly but i was a little off on the second. After he asked me if I had any questions about the company and said they would get back to me.

A day or so later i heard back that they had other people who gave more precise answers to the questions and so there would be no followup interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the angle between the hands at 5:15?   View Answer
    • What time do the hands next meet?   View Answers (2)
    • There are 5 coins on a table. One of them has a heads on both sides. If you pick up one of the coins and flip it 5 times and get heads each time what is the probability that you have picked up the double sided coin?   View Answers (3)

Trader Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in May 2011.

The company first contacted me after checking my resume on my university's recruiting website. We settled to a phone interview, and eventually I made it to third phase interview. the interviews consisted mainly of brainteasers, with little else. the questions cover the main types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • A probability question I got: bag with 25 balls: 10 green, 10 blue and 5 red; whenever you take a green ball out, you put it back, but you keep the ball if it is blue or red. Do this till you have three balls out. What is the probability of ending with at least two blue balls. (Hint: the green balls don't matter)   View Answers (3)
    • What is the angle between a clocks hands at 5:15? what is the exact time at which the hands next meet.   Answer Question
    • if you write down the numbers next two each other, as in: 1234567891011... what is the on millionth digit in this "sequence".   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in April 2011.

I applied online in their website. Got a call from a trader (located in their California HQ) on the next day about a possible phone interview with HR in the following week. The interviewer called me 30 minutes early
    without any explanation or apology. He seemed utterly disinterested in me from the beginning. Asked me why I wanna be a trader and then asked me three probability/logic questions. I answered all of them correctly but made a calculation mistake at first in one of them, fixed that immediately after he pointed that out. All of my questions about the company/role were answered with minimal words and he was keen to show me his lack of interest. Got the rejection email on the next day.

Trading Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in April 2011.

Email communication with the HR was poor to start with, unprofessionally handled the time zone difference and never confirmed the exact time of the interview, left me to guessing the time of interview. The interviewer called in 20 mins late, and made no apology at all. He asked me how much I know of the company, I told him the things I read on their website (which is very limited) and some news I read recently. The response was flat and dry. So I asked him to tell me more about the company and the role, he said nothing more than what I told him and started waffling that the role requires analytic and communication skill, but not what the role really involves. He was an HR guy so I didn't expect too much, but it almost felt like he didn't know what the role really was, and certainly made no effort to attract me. He then asked me brain teasers, I answered the questions. And no further question was asked, he didn't ask me anything about my CV. At this point, I find it hard to comprehend why have they conducted such interview. His attitude was somehow like they are the best company in the world that needed no persuasion, but this usually comes with tough interview questions as in GS, Citadel or DE Shaw. Apparently, these 5.15 clock questions were no where near difficult. Their reluctancy to show interest in you just tells me that they are reluctant to show interest to their employees. And I had no interest in going further with them either.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the angle between the hour and minute hands at 5:15?   Answer Question

Graduate Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in April 2011.

First talked to a couple of traders at careers fair, was encouraged to submit a CV.
    Submitted CV, arranged a phone interview. Talked about my previous work experience, then a few probability questions. I passed them all with ease, then we arranged a time to interview at the office face-to-face.

Live interview consisted of 4 interviews with 4 traders, each about 45mins-1hour long. Consisted firstly of some analysis of CV, then brain teasers and technical questions.

Very relaxed people, really intelligent, and looks like a good culture.

Interview Questions
    • Angle between hands at 5:15. When do the hands overlap next?   View Answer
    • 5 fair coins, one is double headed. Get a random coin and flip it 5 times, all heads. Probability that the chosen coin was double headed?   View Answers (4)

Graduate Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in April 2011.

Applied through a university trade fair and got a phone interview. Very concise and no nonsense approach by the interviewer - asked about why you want to get into trading, and anything you would like to know about Madison Tyler.

Quantitative/reasoning questions were next. Interviewer promptly hung up and said 'thanks for your time' when I failed to answer one of the questions in the section.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to become a trader?

The clock hands questions...

Answer Question

Trading Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Madison Tyler Holdings in April 2011.

The interviewing panel was nice. I was looking for employment in Australia. As they said they are looking for the brightest in the market, I know I'm not, so I didnt really have much hope either