Maersk Group Interview Questions

3.1

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maersk Group in March 2010.

First, when you apply online they invite you for an interview by email. In this email they pretty much describe how the interview will be structured and how many time it will take.
    Once at their office, you conduct a logic test and a personality test, which will determine whether you are elegible to work within the company. The same day you have an interview with a HR representative.
    The questions the ask you are pretty much behaviour type of questions and I would encourage you to practice conventional interview questions before going there. It is not rocket signs.

Interview Questions
    • When you can't get the job done, (although you work extra time and weekends)how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maersk Group in March 2008.

Was asked a list of generic questions. Very odd interview.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Maersk Group.

The interview was a multiple round process which began with an aptitude test of 50 marks for 12 minutes which included English grammar, Logic and Mathematics.
    Only passing this round makes you eligible for the next round, the next round was a communication round where you need to write an essay of 50 words or more in 10 minutes of any topic of your choice. The next round was taken up by the operations team lead, After this a complete medical checkup was arranged clearing the medical would then qualify you to the final round with HR for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself? Describe your strength & weakness? Any responsibilities that you handled apart from your key responsibilities?   Answer Question

Second Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Maersk Group.

Submit application, check of certification and documents, online PLI/PI exams, HR interview, Technical Interview, Company Medical, repeat PLI/PI exams in office, offer of employment.
     The technical and HR interview were conducted over the phone in my case. The process took about 2 months all in all, and then a month of waiting before being assigned a ship. Contract was signed only on the day of joining first vessel. 3 month probation as casual, then permanent.

Interview Questions
    • How will you work with a small team in a difficult environment to get those most out of them?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maersk Group.

Smooth. Applied online, was contacted within 3 days, had 4 rounds of interviews and a job offer within 2 weeks of applying. I understsnd however that it usually does take a bit linger.

Manager Interview

PI test, English test, group discussion hiring manager interview; Long process
    Need to prepare well: Try to get inductrial knowledge and company knowledge will be helpful
    Be strong and confident; Flexible for travelling and working overtime

Interview Questions
    • Group discussion - case study within a week   View Answer

OTCS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Maersk Group in November 2014.

Lengthy process as many people come for interview and they do check your patience. Entire process took around 25 days, first was online test 50 questions in 12 minutes then they called for 1:1 interview.

Information Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Group in November 2014.

Role came through a recruitment agency, initial phone interview followed by a lengthy face to face interview with manager and hr representative. very open discussion about the role, the organisation's plans and skill set required to full fill the role. Interview included a technical session with whiteboard to present security architecture and talk through solution design.

Interview Questions
    • Describe previous experience and role responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • What security resources do you use to ensure your knowledge and skills remain up to date?   Answer Question

BRM - Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Group.

The hiring process is extremely transparent. I was contacted by a recruiter through my monster profile. HR started with written tests on LI/PI(Logical Index / Predictive Index) to test logic, speed of learning, adaptability, reasoning abilities, vocabulary & Maths. PI to understand the personality.
    Once cleared the candidate is personally interviewed by Delivery or Functional managers. A candidate is informed about his candidature within 4 weeks of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Normally questions are related to ones past professional experience. Nothing exceptional about this that I could share   Answer Question
    Pretty decent! a normal hike basis industry standard.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Group in September 2014.

Firstly applied online on a job site, after one week I received an email from Maersk saying my profile was ok. Then, they sent me two tests, the PLI and the PI, to complete and send them back within three days. Each test consisted in 50 questions to be answered in 12 minutes. 2 days after they received my tests they got back to me saying I didn't pass to the next phase. Suggestions: Previous practice is required in order to pass the PLI. Impressions: They seem to be more focused on the result of PLI tests rather than knowing you in person. At the end I am happy I didn't get this job.