Maersk Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Sales Support Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Maersk Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – First, when you apply online they invite you for an interview by email. In this email they pretty much describe how the interview will be structured and how many time it will take.
Once at their office, you conduct a logic test and a personality test, which will determine whether you are elegible to work within the company. The same day you have an interview with a HR representative.
The questions the ask you are pretty much behaviour type of questions and I would encourage you to practice conventional interview questions before going there. It is not rocket signs.

Interview Question – When you can't get the job done, (although you work extra time and weekends)how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Maersk Group in March 2008.

Interview Details – Was asked a list of generic questions. Very odd interview.

Interview Question – Who are two people you admire and why?   Answer Question

Applications Manager Interview

Applications Manager
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Maersk Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – All job positions are publised on the Maersk Job portal.
1 - HR screens the resume and shortlists the candidates
Also considers candidates current C&B!
2 - Hiring Manager screens the resumes and confirms short listed candidates to HR
3 - HR will conduct LI/PI
4 - Hiring Manager will do the interview
5 - Second round with senior management (only if required)
6 - Offer discussion with HR

Interview Question – if you have the role what will be your service strategy?
how will you handle difficult (people related) situations?
  Answer Question

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Senior IT Project Manager
Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maersk Group.

Interview Details – hired via head hunter--1 round of meeting with head hunter and 2 rounds of interviews with the hiring manager and HR. In addition, has done 2 rounds of written test- one with the head hunter and the other round with the hiring company. Both tests focues on personality test and IQ test

Interview Question – nothing special   Answer Question

Market Segment Manager Interview

Market Segment Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Maersk Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by an HR Personnel at Maersk and the lady said that they had short listed me for the position of an MSM (Market Segment Manager) and that they would send me an email which has the link to an aptitude and psychometric test which I would need to take. I took the test and passed it and once again they called me to there office (55kms away) to take the same type of a test in a 'Controlled Environment'. It was the exact same test and I was told that people can take this test only once in their life time. I took the test and cleared it once again.

Then I was informed that I would have a Telephonic HR round. At this point I told the HR Coordinator if she could share the JD with me since she hadn't done that earlier in-spite of me asking her once before. So she did. Somehow I felt that the role was a level junior to what I was currently doing and I couldnt understand why a company would pay me more money to do something which was simpler than what I was already into. I asked the HR coordinator if she was aware of my current package and salary expectations etc but she said we will discuss salary later. Now Maersk being such a huge company I figured maybe it was actually acceptable to them to pay someone more money for a simpler role.

The HR manager was late to call me and I had to remind them that I was waiting. So when he called he started asking me questions on Excel and how I would make reports etc. Not exactly an HR round I thought to myself. Somehow I just got the impression that the HR was disinterested and that no matter what I said he wouldn't be convinced. That is what prevailed and I was given a rejection email.

Interview Question – It was supposed to be an HR discussion but the person started to ask technical questions on excel.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maersk Group.

Interview Details – It was a tough interview as i was not able to coreelate and it was already rigged for some relative of his.

Interview Question – How much would u need to survive here?   Answer Question

Fleet Crew Operator Interview

Fleet Crew Operator
Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Maersk Group.

Interview Details – Written Exams, Initial interview and final interview (processing timeframe: a month and a half).

Interview Question – If I give you half of your asking salary, will you accept the job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Maersk Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic assessments and not very comprehensive, person dependeant

Interview Question – Nothing as such   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very easy

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Maersk Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process started with HR interview...a sudden call without any earlier communication. After completing the HR round, HR was supposed to send mail and test details. But no mail or communication was sent even though next interview round was after a day. After calling 2-3 times, HR forwarded the mail which was sent to another candidate...in very unprofessional way. Technical round was not so difficult. But after that there was no communication from their side. At least a rejection mail or feedback was not sent/given even after so many calls.

Manager Interview

Manager
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Maersk Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication process was a good experience. The HR reaches out to you and ensures that your convenience is accomodated as far as possible.
There is a psychometric analysis which is carried out to check for your capability profiling.
Once done, you have a face-to-face with the process anchors, who then base your expertise, and then subsequently HR rounds this up with final face to face ( mostly all on the same day)
They do take their recruitment very seriously, and all attempts are made to ensure that the right person is recruited for the job.

Interview Question – The psychometric test of about 30 -40 minutes is the most interesting part which covers an range of questions. The results, sadly, are not shared with the employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have certain niche skill sets, you could negotiate for your salary with the HR, who acts as the interface between the Business process and the employee.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maersk Group

Worked for Maersk Group? Contribute to the Community!