Maersk Group

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

MITAS Geophysicist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maersk Group in April 2010.

The interview was half a day and started with a logic test and personality assessment. Next, I had one-on-one interviews with four people - the center manager, HR, someone in the same position I was interviewing for, and a team lead. The interviews ranged from thirty minutes to an hour. For the most part, the questions were behavioral except for the occasional technical question to test my knowledge in the position. HR mainly asked questions concerning my past employment at their competitors and it looked as if I was interviewed just so they could find out information on compensation and benefits packages as well as hiring practices at their competition. The team lead was a very frustrating interview as he would jump back and forth between a technical question such as "Describe to me the formation of the Gulf of Mexico from this gravity map" to a question like "What's your favorite book?" and back to a technical question. He would constantly interrupt me during my responses and appeared annoyed at my mere presence. I later learned that he quit the next month. Fortunately, the interview was not a full day. They notify you concerning extending an offer to you or not within a week.

Interview Questions