Maersk Oil

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.2

Business Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Maersk Oil in April 2014.

The overall impression during the interview was very good. The interview started with HR Recruiter and was focused mostly on behavioral aspects. Right after I was interviewed by the hiring manager as well as by the department head - here the questions were more concentrated on the job and past experiences. Unfortunately the company has decided to proceed with another candidate for the job but I would be glad to take part in a recruitment process with them again.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the worst on the job decision ever and afterwards how I would handle the situation having the knowledge and experience I have today. It was not necessarily the hardest question, but not one I was expecting so took me a while to come up with an answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maersk Oil in July 2013.

On campus -> Telephone interview

Interview Questions
    Simple process, happy to start

Intern for Geophysicist Interview

First round is a written exam with logical and reaction ability test. One week later, invited for second round interview, talk to a geophysicist and a production engineer. Basically they will go through you resume to ask related questions about your technical background and personality. After another one week invited for interview with the supervisor, still questions based on the resume. Then receive the call to get the offer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maersk Oil in February 2013.

HR was extremely slow to process applications and schedule interviews. However, the selected interviewers were all excellent and helped give a great description of the position. The interviewers were a great mix of colleagues, direct managers, and senior project leads.

Email back and forth

Production Forecaster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Oil in May 2014.

the initial communication was good, I was give PLA and PL tests, to do the intelligence test only do the easy ones and skip the hard ones, u don't have enough time, telephone interview was professional and fine.
    the good thing was that they were willing to provide you the feedback of your interview even if you were not successful.
    they even called me to provide the feedback.

Interview Questions
    • do you really want to come to Esbjerg?!!!!!!!   View Answer

Senior Piping Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Esbjerg (Denmark)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Esbjerg (Denmark)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Oil in April 2014.

I applied for the position through the company careers website. About a week later I received a notification that my application was unsuccessful. A couple weeks after that I was contacted by a HR Rep to reapply for the position. I had to complete two online tests - PI and PLI. I then had a Skype interview with the HR Rep and the Hiring Manager. At the end of the interview the HR Rep ran through the results of the PI and PLI tests.

Senior Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Oil in December 2013.

Started with phone interview lasting 30-40min.
    The questions were based on the resume as well as some considerable time spent to ensure that the terms and conditions of the role were understood.

You will need to do online Predictive Index (PI) Survey (http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Predictive-Index-PI)
    and Professional Learning Indicator (PLI) Assessment. Note the PLI requires you to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes. No one finishes the test if you can get around 31-34 questions with only 3-4 mistakes that puts you above average. The assessment page will automatically close when the time is up. If you make it to the final interview HR will review your results with you. http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk sell practise tests that follow the PLI format.

Next step was a face-to-face interview session at their office. It was 3-4 hrs Again you will need to do another PLI assessment on paper. HR go through your PI and PLI results and spend what I would consider to be an inordinate amount of time discussing the $ and package/benefits again. Contain yourself because it doesn't feel great when you've had the carrot dangled in front of you and then don't succeed. But I can understand they are trying to manage expectations also. HR also ask some questions on the CV and behavioural questions. Be careful around their analysis of PI - whilst it's very accurate it's important you don't focus on too many of your weaknesses because they will ask you what the test has missed. So choose your words wisely.

Then more CV time with the hiring manager and another senior manager. Followed by lunch.

Within 14 working days, they will send email you whether you are not accepted.

Interview Questions
    • If you were dealing with someone who didn't appreciate emotional behaviour how would you respond?   View Answer

Petrophysicist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Maersk Oil in July 2013.

Started with phone interview and typically it is going to end after an hour. Most of the questions will be based on the provided CV whereby they want to gauge your experiences and involvement in various technical aspects throughout your career. You will need to do online Predictive Index (PI) Survey and Professional Learning Indicator (PLI) Assessment. Bare in mind for PLI you only have 12 minutes to answer 50 questions. The assessment page will automatically close when the time is up.
    If they are interested in getting to know your better in-person, they will call you for face-to-face interview session at their office. The session going to be approximately 4 hours where you will be interviewed by different group of people from different departments and roles. Again you will need to do another PLI assessment.
    Within 14 working days, they will send notification whether you are successfully accepted or not.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Maersk Oil in May 2013.

Applied by sending CV and cover letter to the HR. A few weeks later I was contacted asking me to fill out a questionnaire asking me to answer small essay questions like 'Why you want to work for us' and '@Why should companies respect the environment etc. Next I was given a small test via email where i had to answer as many question as possible in 2 minutes. These included simple maths questions on numerical sequence and space recognition etc as well as literacy questions where you had to choose another meaning for a word. etc.
    After this i was invited to a 30 minutes phone interview, where i was asked typical interview questions such as 'tell me about yourself' and 'why maersk' etc.
    I was then invited to an interview at heir main office where I had to repeat the test i conducted on line, as well as give a 20 minute technical presentation on a project I had done. The there was a technical interview where again they asked typical interview questions to better get to know my qualification and skills as well as why I anted to work there etc. Along with some geological questions during and after my presentation
    Overall it was a friendly interview process, with the people being very polite and kind and there not being any questions to catch you out, as long as you prepare for technical questions, research the company and know your skills and qualifications you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Throughout the process there was no real difficult question, just typical question about my CV, myself, my aspirations etc.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Maersk Oil in April 2013.

online tests, verbal and math, time limit, you should be flexible and do everything on high speed, but unfortunately they did not give any replies. The tests were difficult, however you can pass based on your background. Good luck!