Maersk Oil Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

3.3

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maersk Oil.

Interview

Very thorough, but unusual for the US. They require all candidates to complete personality and logical assessment tests before interviewing, even management candidates. The technical part was interesting and challenging. You will have to spend about 3 hours interviewing with everyone, but they are fast with the decision after that. The company has excellent benefits and pay scale. On top of it, they offer free lunches every day to all employees (very nice).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Maersk, and why do you want to work for Maersk.   Answer Question

Economist/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

Interview questions were pretty standard, nothing unusal. They rushed through the process. I interviewed with HR and the hiring managers in 1.5 hrs. I could tell they really weren't interested in my candidacy and just going through the motions of the interview process. It seemed like it was an EEO interview when in reality they had someone else in mind. They went with an internal employee. The HR person asked if I had any kids so I'm unsure what's going on with their hiring practices.

Business Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The overall impression during the interview was very good. The interview started with HR Recruiter and was focused mostly on behavioral aspects. Right after I was interviewed by the hiring manager as well as by the department head - here the questions were more concentrated on the job and past experiences. Unfortunately the company has decided to proceed with another candidate for the job but I would be glad to take part in a recruitment process with them again.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the worst on the job decision ever and afterwards how I would handle the situation having the knowledge and experience I have today. It was not necessarily the hardest question, but not one I was expecting so took me a while to come up with an answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

On campus -> Telephone interview

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions mainly   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple process, happy to start

Intern for Geophysicist Interview

Interview

First round is a written exam with logical and reaction ability test. One week later, invited for second round interview, talk to a geophysicist and a production engineer. Basically they will go through you resume to ask related questions about your technical background and personality. After another one week invited for interview with the supervisor, still questions based on the resume. Then receive the call to get the offer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

HR was extremely slow to process applications and schedule interviews. However, the selected interviewers were all excellent and helped give a great description of the position. The interviewers were a great mix of colleagues, direct managers, and senior project leads.

Negotiation

Email back and forth

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to HR a few times throughout college and finally got contacted for an interview senior year. I interviewed with 9 people over the course of 4 hours. Took a logic test.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much asked me about my college education and about my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Oil in May 2014.

Interview

the initial communication was good, I was give PLA and PL tests, to do the intelligence test only do the easy ones and skip the hard ones, u don't have enough time, telephone interview was professional and fine. the good thing was that they were willing to provide you the feedback of your interview even if you were not successful. they even called me to provide the feedback.

Interview Questions

• do you really want to come to Esbjerg?!!!!!!!   1 Answer

Senior Piping Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Esbjerg (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Oil (Esbjerg (Denmark)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position through the company careers website. About a week later I received a notification that my application was unsuccessful. A couple weeks after that I was contacted by a HR Rep to reapply for the position. I had to complete two online tests - PI and PLI. I then had a Skype interview with the HR Rep and the Hiring Manager. At the end of the interview the HR Rep ran through the results of the PI and PLI tests.

Asset Analyst - Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maersk Oil in January 2014.

Interview

Two online psychometric tests completed at home, once passed I had my first interview made up of three parts: another psychometric test, this was the same as the one completed at home, an interview with my manager and then an interview with HR. Once successful with this I had another interview with the UK manager.