Magellan Health Compliance Officer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Magellan Health in October 2011.

I applied online after seeing the advt on a health professional website. After that I received a call from a company secretary to set up a telephone interview (with the corporate supervisor of the potential position and another compliance officer from another regional office) which went well (though there was problem with the phone and I had to switch for better audibility) and there was even some negotiation of salary because of which I felt optimistic about possibly getting this job. Then an in person interview was scheduled within a week of the tel interview. In person interview was with a panel of 3 (1 from corporate office, the corporate supervisor of the potential position), another the compliance officer from another office and the third the local manager of the office. THe interview lasted 30-40 minutes. Questions ranged from prior job experiences, culling job relevant experience from those, to some questions testing interviewee's familiarity with the regulatory government agency's current head (which I did not expect, though I had prepared for the interview). One uncomfortable comment was the corporate supervisor noting my not being in my last job for the last couple of months which I thought may have affected their perception of my strength as a job candidate. The local manager asked some questions one of which was what 3 of my strengths were that I would bring to the job. As I left, I also sensed the local manager was not interested in hiring me. I had also seen the names of some other interviewees as I waited (from the sign in sheet). Later I checked who they were and what their backgrounds were and saw one of them had been working in a related position at another organization and guessed that person may get hired over me though my background was better.

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected Q: name of the current head of the regulatory govt agency.   View Answer
  • Types of fraud customers would engage in   View Answer

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!