Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

CCA II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

short simply but that was years ago now new ways of doing things interview went well not to bad the person that hired me was very nice, not to many hard questions was asked just the basics

Interview Questions

• how do you cut and paste and change a file name   1 Answer

Clinical Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. They were both pleasant and engaged me in the interview process. There was a lot of casual dialogue and interest in my educational interests. Questions were conversational and overall the interview was very easy and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions come to mind. The interview was very conversational.   Answer Question

Denials Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

It was friendly and nonthreatening, however, I was given contradictory information a few times. The interviewers asked few questions and just let me talk. As a result, I am sure I spoke too much! It did seem like the interviewers were attempting to sell me on the positive aspects of working for the company.

Senior Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

It was a very easy interview process. there are some standard questions but much of the process is subjective. One 1:1 interview and then an offer. Then an offer and opportunity to negotiate salary. Getting hired initially is easier than being promoted from within.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate for a higher starting salary. Not difficult and they were willing to work with me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by the HR representative to set up a call. Had a call that lasted roughly 15 minutes where she asked basic questions. Was told that my information would be forwarded to the hiring manager and a in person interview will be scheduled if they are interested. The hiring manager (not HR) called about a week later to set up the in person interview. This interview lasted about an hour with a mixture of behavioral questions as well as the basics. Was told that I would hear back in about two weeks with a possibility of a second interview if the hiring manager was still unsure of which candidates were best. After several follow up emails, never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Had to review a drawing of how to make ice cream = representation of specifications.   Answer Question

Client Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview with Account Executives and In Person Interview with Management. Met with multiple team members to go over different aspects of the position. Only had two interviews with a total of four people, but that may be because I was an internal candidate. Working with HR was a slow process and was much more helpful once I met the team members.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? What skills do you have in reference to Account Management?   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

You must go through an agency to get work here unless you know someone in upper managment, process is very long, 10 year back ground check is completed on everyone. The interview lasted 3 hours. They were probing for someone that does not require training, you must already know your job or you will not make it in the human resource area, there is no training.

Interview Questions

• You have to be comfortable with yourself   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health in June 2014.

Interview

Minimum 2 step process. But Hiring was simple. first was conducted on phone then face to face. Easy environment. I was very much relaxed. Not difficult questions asked. They asked Generic questions as well. Some were related to technical background other related to business process.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call approx 1 week later from HR to set up a phone interview. We set up the date and time for me to call and I recorded on my calendar. I thought it was unusual that I did not receive an email confirmation, which is what I have come to expect as the norm for the beginning of the interview process. Since I am currently employed I arranged my work schedule around our interview time and called at the agreed upon time. I received the HR individual's voice mail and left a kind and detailed message with my name and contact information, the date we had originally spoken and that I was calling for our scheduled phone interview and to feel free to call me back. Never received a call back or an email explaining the no show for my interview. I was pretty surprised at how unprofessional this was. Their loss is another companies gain!

ICR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview process. It was a simple interview process. There were 4 managers I interviewed with, their questions were not complicated. They were all nurses that conducted the interview. They offered me the job the same day.