Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

Senior Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Magellan Health in June 2014.

Minimum 2 step process. But Hiring was simple. first was conducted on phone then face to face. Easy environment. I was very much relaxed. Not difficult questions asked. They asked Generic questions as well. Some were related to technical background other related to business process.

Account Executive Interview

interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

I applied online and received a call approx 1 week later from HR to set up a phone interview. We set up the date and time for me to call and I recorded on my calendar. I thought it was unusual that I did not receive an email confirmation, which is what I have come to expect as the norm for the beginning of the interview process. Since I am currently employed I arranged my work schedule around our interview time and called at the agreed upon time. I received the HR individual's voice mail and left a kind and detailed message with my name and contact information, the date we had originally spoken and that I was calling for our scheduled phone interview and to feel free to call me back. Never received a call back or an email explaining the no show for my interview. I was pretty surprised at how unprofessional this was. Their loss is another companies gain!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Magellan Health.

I had one interview and it was very detailed. They ask questions to see what you would do in certain scenarios, get a feel if you are a team player or not, and also put you on the spot. Come prepared and confident. Keep in mind they want someone with a positive attitude, who will work hard, and definitely they need a TEAM player.

Interview Questions
    • A question about to how handle a conflict within a team   Answer Question

Corporate Development Intern Interview

interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2014.

Applied online, first interview was over the phone. Took about 45 minutes, they did a great job explaining who they are and what they do and asked basic interview questions about my resume. Final round was three interviews with upper management.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing over the top in terms of difficulty. "Give an example of a time where you had to overcome a problem or issue."   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Magellan Health in December 2013.

Communication clear and timely

Interview Questions
    • All expected industry specific / job specific questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Magellan Health in March 2013.

Good long interview, normal amount of paperwork and items to complete pre-employment.

Interview Questions
    They just tell you the salary and ask you if you accept.

Human Resources Service Center Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Magellan Health in January 2013.

I was interviewed by the manager with the main team member I would be working with present. The interview was conversational yet professional. The manager was prepared with my resume and questions ready.

Interview Questions
    i took the position as a temporary employee. The salary was negotiated by the temp agency.

Military Family Life Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Magellan Health in September 2012.

Application is online at magellanmflc.org. Interview was by telephone.

Interview Questions
    No, this is a DoD contract, and there is was no opportunity to negotiate. These jobs are only offered to licensed clinicians with two years post-licensure experience.

Senior Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Magellan Health in August 2012.

You have to complete a pre-interview process with HR, and then one has a team interview with several supervisors

Interview Questions
    • Name at least three modern antipsychotics or antipsychotic injectables for the treatment of schizophrenia.   View Answer
    They offered the job and I accepeted the very fair salary o the spot. I was hired 3 days after my interview and started 2 weeks later

Senior Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Magellan Health in August 2012.

initially I was contacted by an HR rep from corporate in CT who interviewed on the phone. She set up an interview with me for 2 people from office shortly afterward. Oddly, the manager I interviewed with was not ultimately my reporting manager, but she left the company shortly after I started.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult questions, they were knowledge specific to the position.   Answer Question