Magellan Health Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

MFLC Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2012.

Most licensed people are hired as we don't have enough people. Process is tedious but normal as far as I can tell. Issue that most have is despite 1 year or 20 of experience and licensure, all MFLCs make the same for this vendor.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulty dependent on supervisor and his/her help as their job is home based while you are "boots on the ground" , as they say.   Answer Question

Company in charge demands one is off an installation for 3-6 months before beginning again (secondary ptsd? my theory) and if you do not have a base close enough to travel to from the original, you have no where to work in between. It's a huge company but the 600 is MFLCs do not receive paid holidays... as do the other thousands of employees of this company.

Account Executive Interview

interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

I applied online and received a call approx 1 week later from HR to set up a phone interview. We set up the date and time for me to call and I recorded on my calendar. I thought it was unusual that I did not receive an email confirmation, which is what I have come to expect as the norm for the beginning of the interview process. Since I am currently employed I arranged my work schedule around our interview time and called at the agreed upon time. I received the HR individual's voice mail and left a kind and detailed message with my name and contact information, the date we had originally spoken and that I was calling for our scheduled phone interview and to feel free to call me back. Never received a call back or an email explaining the no show for my interview. I was pretty surprised at how unprofessional this was. Their loss is another companies gain!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Magellan Health.

I had one interview and it was very detailed. They ask questions to see what you would do in certain scenarios, get a feel if you are a team player or not, and also put you on the spot. Come prepared and confident. Keep in mind they want someone with a positive attitude, who will work hard, and definitely they need a TEAM player.

Interview Questions
    • A question about to how handle a conflict within a team   Answer Question

Corporate Development Intern Interview

interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2014.

Applied online, first interview was over the phone. Took about 45 minutes, they did a great job explaining who they are and what they do and asked basic interview questions about my resume. Final round was three interviews with upper management.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing over the top in terms of difficulty. "Give an example of a time where you had to overcome a problem or issue."   Answer Question

Military Family Life Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Magellan Health in September 2012.

Application is online at magellanmflc.org. Interview was by telephone.

Interview Questions
    No, this is a DoD contract, and there is was no opportunity to negotiate. These jobs are only offered to licensed clinicians with two years post-licensure experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2013.

Good long interview, normal amount of paperwork and items to complete pre-employment.

Interview Questions
    They just tell you the salary and ask you if you accept.

Support Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2010.

the interview was the supervisor of the department at the time that I was hired. He was very kind, a good listener, patient and very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was: "Where do you see yourself 5 years from today?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation just that the salary was very good for an entry level position.

Human Resources Service Center Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maryland Heights, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Magellan Health in January 2013.

I was interviewed by the manager with the main team member I would be working with present. The interview was conversational yet professional. The manager was prepared with my resume and questions ready.

Interview Questions
    i took the position as a temporary employee. The salary was negotiated by the temp agency.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in April 2010.

I had to work overnight shift to get full-time day job.

Not able to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Magellan Health in December 2013.

Communication clear and timely

Interview Questions
    • All expected industry specific / job specific questions   Answer Question

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!