Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Senior Care Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Magellan Health.

It was a very easy interview process. there are some standard questions but much of the process is subjective. One 1:1 interview and then an offer. Then an offer and opportunity to negotiate salary. Getting hired initially is easier than being promoted from within.

Was able to negotiate for a higher starting salary. Not difficult and they were willing to work with me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Magellan Health in January 2015.

Applied online. Was contacted by the HR representative to set up a call. Had a call that lasted roughly 15 minutes where she asked basic questions. Was told that my information would be forwarded to the hiring manager and a in person interview will be scheduled if they are interested. The hiring manager (not HR) called about a week later to set up the in person interview. This interview lasted about an hour with a mixture of behavioral questions as well as the basics. Was told that I would hear back in about two weeks with a possibility of a second interview if the hiring manager was still unsure of which candidates were best. After several follow up emails, never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Had to review a drawing of how to make ice cream = representation of specifications.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Magellan Health in June 2014.

You must go through an agency to get work here unless you know someone in upper managment, process is very long, 10 year back ground check is completed on everyone. The interview lasted 3 hours. They were probing for someone that does not require training, you must already know your job or you will not make it in the human resource area, there is no training.

Interview Questions
    • You have to be comfortable with yourself   View Answer

Senior Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Magellan Health in June 2014.

Minimum 2 step process. But Hiring was simple. first was conducted on phone then face to face. Easy environment. I was very much relaxed. Not difficult questions asked. They asked Generic questions as well. Some were related to technical background other related to business process.

Account Executive Interview

interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

I applied online and received a call approx 1 week later from HR to set up a phone interview. We set up the date and time for me to call and I recorded on my calendar. I thought it was unusual that I did not receive an email confirmation, which is what I have come to expect as the norm for the beginning of the interview process. Since I am currently employed I arranged my work schedule around our interview time and called at the agreed upon time. I received the HR individual's voice mail and left a kind and detailed message with my name and contact information, the date we had originally spoken and that I was calling for our scheduled phone interview and to feel free to call me back. Never received a call back or an email explaining the no show for my interview. I was pretty surprised at how unprofessional this was. Their loss is another companies gain!

ICR Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

It was an easy interview process. It was a simple interview process. There were 4 managers I interviewed with, their questions were not complicated. They were all nurses that conducted the interview. They offered me the job the same day.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Magellan Health.

I had one interview and it was very detailed. They ask questions to see what you would do in certain scenarios, get a feel if you are a team player or not, and also put you on the spot. Come prepared and confident. Keep in mind they want someone with a positive attitude, who will work hard, and definitely they need a TEAM player.

Interview Questions
    • A question about to how handle a conflict within a team   Answer Question

Corporate Development Intern Interview

interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2014.

Applied online, first interview was over the phone. Took about 45 minutes, they did a great job explaining who they are and what they do and asked basic interview questions about my resume. Final round was three interviews with upper management.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing over the top in terms of difficulty. "Give an example of a time where you had to overcome a problem or issue."   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Magellan Health in December 2013.

Communication clear and timely

Interview Questions
    • All expected industry specific / job specific questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Magellan Health in March 2013.

Good long interview, normal amount of paperwork and items to complete pre-employment.

Interview Questions
    They just tell you the salary and ask you if you accept.