Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

Resource Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Magellan Health in May 2009.

Got the interview through a recruiting company. The actual interview lasted about 45 minutes and involved a lot of what if questions. The hiring manager appears to be taking advantage of tough market. Apparently they already turned down at least 60 candidates.

Interview Questions
    • As a new manager, how would improve processes at a new company when you do not know the business yet?   View Answer

Senior Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Magellan Health in August 2012.

You have to complete a pre-interview process with HR, and then one has a team interview with several supervisors

Interview Questions
    • Name at least three modern antipsychotics or antipsychotic injectables for the treatment of schizophrenia.   View Answer
    They offered the job and I accepeted the very fair salary o the spot. I was hired 3 days after my interview and started 2 weeks later

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Magellan Health.

I had one interview and it was very detailed. They ask questions to see what you would do in certain scenarios, get a feel if you are a team player or not, and also put you on the spot. Come prepared and confident. Keep in mind they want someone with a positive attitude, who will work hard, and definitely they need a TEAM player.

Interview Questions
    • A question about to how handle a conflict within a team   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Magellan Health in May 2009.

In order to establish a new consulting and process re-engineering team, the Company was looking for two candidates to fall under the leadership of a Project leader. The initial interview was a phone screening by the HR department in order to see if the role fit my past experiences and interests. The second interview was done by the Project Leader; it started as a basic interview format and it transformed into a more in-depth look into my past project managament experience, ability to handle multiple projects at the same time while being able to address any issues to senior management and ultimately how I would handle different scenarios and what was my assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation processes.
    The interviewer was informal when discussing the roles and plans for this newly developed team and that made the interview more comfortable. The position was not offered due to my limited experience with direct project management processes nonetheless it gave me a quick snapshot of the Project Management world.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would react to a situation where there was more than one way to accomplish the same task, and there were very strong feelings by senior management on each position.   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Magellan Health in May 2009.

Internal position

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Magellan Health in May 2010.

A long process of interviews, providing background info, work samples, etc., leading to a second face-to-face, this time with a person I perceived to be the primary decision-maker. All handled very professionally up to this point, albeit the protracted time frame.
    Final interviewer was polite and talked a lot about self and company origins. 'Needed me to provide hard copy of resume and then appeared unfamiliar with its contents (disconcerting). Nothing remarkable said or occurred. I was older than the interviewer but, other than that, cannot think of anything to account for why the process ended here.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about comfort level working in an environment where very few people are based in (i.e., work from) the office..   Answer Question

Director, Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Magellan Health in June 2011.

There were two sets of phone interviews which went well, with promises to follow up which never occurred. Never received any communications about status of application. learned later through other sources that positions was filled months later with a less qualified candidate. Issue was mostly about salary once they learned what I was earning at current position. This company is not a good payer compared to others in the industry.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience working for or with a particular new client?   View Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Magellan Health in October 2011.

I applied online after seeing the advt on a health professional website. After that I received a call from a company secretary to set up a telephone interview (with the corporate supervisor of the potential position and another compliance officer from another regional office) which went well (though there was problem with the phone and I had to switch for better audibility) and there was even some negotiation of salary because of which I felt optimistic about possibly getting this job. Then an in person interview was scheduled within a week of the tel interview. In person interview was with a panel of 3 (1 from corporate office, the corporate supervisor of the potential position), another the compliance officer from another office and the third the local manager of the office. THe interview lasted 30-40 minutes. Questions ranged from prior job experiences, culling job relevant experience from those, to some questions testing interviewee's familiarity with the regulatory government agency's current head (which I did not expect, though I had prepared for the interview). One uncomfortable comment was the corporate supervisor noting my not being in my last job for the last couple of months which I thought may have affected their perception of my strength as a job candidate. The local manager asked some questions one of which was what 3 of my strengths were that I would bring to the job. As I left, I also sensed the local manager was not interested in hiring me. I had also seen the names of some other interviewees as I waited (from the sign in sheet). Later I checked who they were and what their backgrounds were and saw one of them had been working in a related position at another organization and guessed that person may get hired over me though my background was better.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Q: name of the current head of the regulatory govt agency.   View Answer
    • Types of fraud customers would engage in   View Answer

Corporate Development Intern Interview

interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2014.

Applied online, first interview was over the phone. Took about 45 minutes, they did a great job explaining who they are and what they do and asked basic interview questions about my resume. Final round was three interviews with upper management.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing over the top in terms of difficulty. "Give an example of a time where you had to overcome a problem or issue."   Answer Question

Military Family Life Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Magellan Health in September 2012.

Application is online at magellanmflc.org. Interview was by telephone.

Interview Questions
    No, this is a DoD contract, and there is was no opportunity to negotiate. These jobs are only offered to licensed clinicians with two years post-licensure experience.