Magellan Health

18 candidate interviews

Care Manager Interview

Care Manager
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had to work overnight shift to get full-time day job.

Interview Question – What was my worst fault and what am I doing about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2013.

Interview Details – Good long interview, normal amount of paperwork and items to complete pre-employment.

Interview Question – Standard, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just tell you the salary and ask you if you accept.

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Service Center Coordinator Interview

Maryland Heights, MO

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Magellan Health in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the manager with the main team member I would be working with present. The interview was conversational yet professional. The manager was prepared with my resume and questions ready.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was talking about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i took the position as a temporary employee. The salary was negotiated by the temp agency.

Very Easy Interview

Claims Specialist II Interview

Claims Specialist II

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in June 2008.

Interview Details – really easy, they are desperate for people, you dont have to try hard to impress even though they wont let you know that. They will have you feeling really good about the company saying things such as how much work/life balance is important, and how you can work from home.

Interview Question – what do you consider your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable, take it or leave it

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in November 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was arranged by a recruiting firm. Interviewed with team director and supervisors and the job was explained in detail. I was told they had others to interview over the next couple days; however, they contacted the recruiter the next morning with an offer which I accepted.

Caremanager Interview

Newtown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Magellan Health in September 2009.

Interview Details – early in the days you just applied and went in for a face to face interview, unlike today when it is all on line on their website. You sent in a resume, was sceduled to come in and meet with the supervisor and was able to directly sell yourself for the job. Today's process everywhere is so cold and informal.

Interview Question – what are your assets and liabilities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Marketing and Communications Manager Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was approached via e-mail about the position. I had an initial interview with the hiring recruiter, then was forwarded to the actual person requiring the services. We had a great conversation, I was told I would definitely be considered and was told about the entire process. I was told I would get a test task to see if I was up for the writing part of the job and was told that it was likely my skills were beyond the position's requirements. After that there was no contact. I followed up with the hiring recruiter and the person requiring the services and did not hear back from either.

Interview Question – Do you think you would be satisfied doing this type of work?   View Answers (3)

Support Specialist I Interview

Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2010.

Interview Details – the interview was the supervisor of the department at the time that I was hired. He was very kind, a good listener, patient and very friendly.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions was: "Where do you see yourself 5 years from today?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation just that the salary was very good for an entry level position.

Military Family Life Counselor Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Magellan Health in September 2012.

Interview Details – Application is online at magellanmflc.org. Interview was by telephone.

Interview Question – I was asked if I am comfortable working solo assignments.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, this is a DoD contract, and there is was no opportunity to negotiate. These jobs are only offered to licensed clinicians with two years post-licensure experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2010.

Interview Details – A long process of interviews, providing background info, work samples, etc., leading to a second face-to-face, this time with a person I perceived to be the primary decision-maker. All handled very professionally up to this point, albeit the protracted time frame.
Final interviewer was polite and talked a lot about self and company origins. 'Needed me to provide hard copy of resume and then appeared unfamiliar with its contents (disconcerting). Nothing remarkable said or occurred. I was older than the interviewer but, other than that, cannot think of anything to account for why the process ended here.

Interview Question – Asked about comfort level working in an environment where very few people are based in (i.e., work from) the office..   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magellan Health interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Magellan Health employees and interview candidates.