Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Military Family Life Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Magellan Health in June 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview following submission of comprehensive paper application. I was asked if I prefer working with adults or children. I was asked if I was willing to travel. I was asked for my preferences of military installations.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with public speaking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no ability to negotiate.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

You must go through an agency to get work here unless you know someone in upper managment, process is very long, 10 year back ground check is completed on everyone. The interview lasted 3 hours. They were probing for someone that does not require training, you must already know your job or you will not make it in the human resource area, there is no training.

Interview Questions

• You have to be comfortable with yourself   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by the HR representative to set up a call. Had a call that lasted roughly 15 minutes where she asked basic questions. Was told that my information would be forwarded to the hiring manager and a in person interview will be scheduled if they are interested. The hiring manager (not HR) called about a week later to set up the in person interview. This interview lasted about an hour with a mixture of behavioral questions as well as the basics. Was told that I would hear back in about two weeks with a possibility of a second interview if the hiring manager was still unsure of which candidates were best. After several follow up emails, never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Had to review a drawing of how to make ice cream = representation of specifications.   Answer Question

Senior Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

It was a very easy interview process. there are some standard questions but much of the process is subjective. One 1:1 interview and then an offer. Then an offer and opportunity to negotiate salary. Getting hired initially is easier than being promoted from within.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate for a higher starting salary. Not difficult and they were willing to work with me.

ICR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview process. It was a simple interview process. There were 4 managers I interviewed with, their questions were not complicated. They were all nurses that conducted the interview. They offered me the job the same day.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Magellan Health in June 2014.

Interview

Minimum 2 step process. But Hiring was simple. first was conducted on phone then face to face. Easy environment. I was very much relaxed. Not difficult questions asked. They asked Generic questions as well. Some were related to technical background other related to business process.

Senior Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Magellan Health in August 2012.

Interview

initially I was contacted by an HR rep from corporate in CT who interviewed on the phone. She set up an interview with me for 2 people from office shortly afterward. Oddly, the manager I interviewed with was not ultimately my reporting manager, but she left the company shortly after I started.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any difficult questions, they were knowledge specific to the position.   Answer Question

MFLC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Magellan Health (Charleston, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

Most licensed people are hired as we don't have enough people. Process is tedious but normal as far as I can tell. Issue that most have is despite 1 year or 20 of experience and licensure, all MFLCs make the same for this vendor.

Interview Questions

• Difficulty dependent on supervisor and his/her help as their job is home based while you are "boots on the ground" , as they say.   Answer Question

Company in charge demands one is off an installation for 3-6 months before beginning again (secondary ptsd? my theory) and if you do not have a base close enough to travel to from the original, you have no where to work in between. It's a huge company but the 600 is MFLCs do not receive paid holidays... as do the other thousands of employees of this company.

Account Executive Interview

Application

interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call approx 1 week later from HR to set up a phone interview. We set up the date and time for me to call and I recorded on my calendar. I thought it was unusual that I did not receive an email confirmation, which is what I have come to expect as the norm for the beginning of the interview process. Since I am currently employed I arranged my work schedule around our interview time and called at the agreed upon time. I received the HR individual's voice mail and left a kind and detailed message with my name and contact information, the date we had originally spoken and that I was calling for our scheduled phone interview and to feel free to call me back. Never received a call back or an email explaining the no show for my interview. I was pretty surprised at how unprofessional this was. Their loss is another companies gain!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

I had one interview and it was very detailed. They ask questions to see what you would do in certain scenarios, get a feel if you are a team player or not, and also put you on the spot. Come prepared and confident. Keep in mind they want someone with a positive attitude, who will work hard, and definitely they need a TEAM player.

Interview Questions

• A question about to how handle a conflict within a team   Answer Question