Magellan Midstream

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst III Interview

Systems Analyst III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Magellan Midstream.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter and was applying for a job in a different state. We had an initial interview with a group of staff from Magellan, (manager and some leads). The interview was over the phone and basically we went through who they are as a company and what they do, then on to me and my background and expertise and they they started asking me technical questions to see if I fit in their role. After the technical section we did a behavioral section which was pretty much, what would you do if this happened or can you give us an example of when you were able to deal with colleagues that disagree with each other and how you handled the situation. Those were all fairly easy typical interview questions. The last section was some technical architecture questions, really reaching above the role of the position to see how I could handle things. I was able to ask some questions of them at the end of the questioning. The whole first interview took about 2.5 hours. After that they contacted my recruiter to let them know they really liked me and wanted a second conversation. I had a meeting with some more of their staff as well as some of the people I would be working with to get a feel for what they thought of the company and the position. This meeting was 4 days later and lasted about 1 hour. I was expecting the next round to be in person, but they had apparently heard enough, and didn't feel like they needed to fly me up. The manager did mention that typically they would fly people up to show them the town, but since I had already lived there before she didn't think it was necessary. 2 days after the follow up call they scheduled a meeting (manager and HR rep) to give me the offer and go over their company benefits and the relocation, etc. I asked for a formal letter in writing and let them know I would get back with them in 48 hours so I could discuss this with my family. We accepted the offer and let them know I would be able to start in 4 weeks.

Interview Question – If you wanted to start implementing an Agile methodologies development life cycle into our waterfall cycle, what would be your first step?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just came with their best offer. I did a little bit of pushing back as it was a little lower than some other, less desirable, positions, but they were very firm on the salary. I got some additional vacation and a relocation package lump sum was part of the deal.

Worked for Magellan Midstream? Contribute to the Community!