Magenic Technologies

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.1

Tester - QAT Interview

Very comprehensive and different. I was asked a variety of different questions for different individuals that all related to the field I was applying for. I found that the questions made me think outside of the normal interview questions and it made me feel confident in the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question may being asked to talk about negative experiences.   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate based on my pay currently to be sure that I am making more.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Magenic Technologies in June 2014.

Submitted an application over the weekend and before the end of the workday Monday I had an e-mail from the recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. Immediately responded and set up time for the next morning. That interview last about 30 minutes and went well (very casual). Recruiter reviewed my resume, background and primarily provided more information on the company and position. At the end of the phone interview we scheduled an onsite interview for that Friday with the senior recruiter, she said she would send me a confirmation e-mail since she had to confirm scheduled. I assumed I would hear back later that day but was getting nervous when I didn't hear back until Thursday afternoon. Onsite interview went well, received a tour of the office and was told they were hoping to know later that day which top two (from the 5 they were interviewing) would move into the next interview. I sent a thank you to both recruiters I met with and Wednesday the following week called to inquire about their decision - it has been 2 weeks now and I never heard back. Was really disappointed that they couldn't take the time to send and e-mail or quick phone call to say they had selected other candidates (which knowing their desired timeline for someone to start I have to assume they did).

Interview Questions
    • Who was one of your favorite managers in the past and why?   Answer Question

Associate Tester - QAT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Magenic Technologies.

I interviewed for an entry level position.The initial interview is a phone interview which took approximately an hour. This was with the recruiter. The next interview was an in person interview with the recruiter, which took approximately an hour and a half. At this time I had to take an assessment based on a powerpoint presentation I received the day before. This test covered how Magenic approached software testing and it was very detailed. During this interview, I had a tour of the office.

The interview that places the most weight on the decision to hire you is the interview with the actual team. There were 4 people total-- a tester, two developers, and the consulting manager. The tester and developers were part of the team. The questions I was asked ranged from "Why do you want to be in IT," "You applied for ___ but why do you want to be in testing?" "Explain the Systems Development Life Cycle," "Do you know black box/white box testing?"

I was also asked to write out the code for SQL, draw a data flow diagram, if I knew what an entity relation diagram was, and asked to answer a logic question about light bulbs in a room. The logic question was intended to test my critical thinking process.

The interviewers for the most part asked reasonable questions that I was prepared for, and when I didn't actually know something I mentioned that. However since I come from a "soft science" field attempting to break into a "hard science" field, a lot of the questions appeared to gauge my intentions for doing so.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I was asked was if someone was somehow putting pressure on me to be in IT. I suspect this was asked because I come from a completely different field, but the question itself hinted a bit of suspicion.   View Answer

Lead Architect Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Magenic Technologies in June 2013.

first interview with HR, then 2 interviews with very senior technology thought leaders and then face to face with regional GM, and then 4th interview with the team that you need to manage

Interview Questions
    • Questions in technology came from all around, there were several very low level technology design best practice questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation, whatever I asked they accepted exactly that amount.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Magenic Technologies in March 2012.

They go through at least 3 interviews to make sure you are a right fit. They take pride in their interview process but are great people so don't expect a bunch of jerks, you'll actually enjoy it.

Very fair...that's all I will say about this.

Associate Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Magenic Technologies in March 2012.

Applied online, received a call from their recruitment team, scheduled a phone interview. From there scheduled in person interview with recruitment team where they interviewed me and gave me an OOP test, which was dated and extremely easy. Then I was scheduled for a group assessment test where I was asked some basic OOP and SQL questions by 3 different interviewers (separately), again very easy. Was given an offer, and accepted

Interview Questions
    • If you had to measure the number of golf balls that could fit in a bus, how would you do it?   Answer Question
    They will low-ball you, if you are a confident, competent developer don't settle for less than market.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Magenic Technologies in February 2012.

Quick test, then interviews with multiple people

Interview Questions
    Pay is based on experience.

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Magenic Technologies in December 2011.

Met with GM and Consulting Manager for fit. Tech screen was not very difficult if you have the experience, but needed to vet out specific things like architectures and technologies.

1. you need to know the technolgoies
    2. you need to have experience using technologies.
    3. you need to have great people skills
    4. you need to have good problem solving skills
    5. passion for solutions and business help.

They want you to prove it before you get it, so the offers are basically lower than what you should get, but if you fight enough you can get it.

You also need to flght for vacation time, it is hard to get but worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part is to have the package
      1. tech chops
      2. people skills
      3. communication is the key.

nothing stands out mostly solve these problems, how do you apply yourself.

View Answer
    Neogiation was tough but I got a signing bonus, and also extended vacation package. the salary was below my ask, but after 6 months they promoted me to the level I wanted after I proved I could work it.

Lead Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Magenic Technologies in May 2011.

Long phone interview with internal recruiter, in person panel interview. In person 1-on-1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • When using Agile how do you determine EV?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

You will interview at least 2 people and then the local manager will have a 1 hour talk with you in which your employment is decided.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is technical, so if you know what you do it should not be hard.   Answer Question
    The negotiation happened through the phone.