Magenic Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Consultant Interview

Lead Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Magenic Technologies in December 2011.

Interview Details – Met with GM and Consulting Manager for fit. Tech screen was not very difficult if you have the experience, but needed to vet out specific things like architectures and technologies.

1. you need to know the technolgoies
2. you need to have experience using technologies.
3. you need to have great people skills
4. you need to have good problem solving skills
5. passion for solutions and business help.

They want you to prove it before you get it, so the offers are basically lower than what you should get, but if you fight enough you can get it.

You also need to flght for vacation time, it is hard to get but worth it.

Interview Question – Most difficult part is to have the package
1. tech chops
2. people skills
3. communication is the key.

nothing stands out mostly solve these problems, how do you apply yourself.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Neogiation was tough but I got a signing bonus, and also extended vacation package. the salary was below my ask, but after 6 months they promoted me to the level I wanted after I proved I could work it.

Lead Architect Consultant Interview

Lead Architect Consultant
Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Magenic Technologies in June 2013.

Interview Details – first interview with HR, then 2 interviews with very senior technology thought leaders and then face to face with regional GM, and then 4th interview with the team that you need to manage

Interview Question – Questions in technology came from all around, there were several very low level technology design best practice questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, whatever I asked they accepted exactly that amount.

Associate Tester - QAT Interview

Associate Tester - QAT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Magenic Technologies.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an entry level position.The initial interview is a phone interview which took approximately an hour. This was with the recruiter. The next interview was an in person interview with the recruiter, which took approximately an hour and a half. At this time I had to take an assessment based on a powerpoint presentation I received the day before. This test covered how Magenic approached software testing and it was very detailed. During this interview, I had a tour of the office.

The interview that places the most weight on the decision to hire you is the interview with the actual team. There were 4 people total-- a tester, two developers, and the consulting manager. The tester and developers were part of the team. The questions I was asked ranged from "Why do you want to be in IT," "You applied for ___ but why do you want to be in testing?" "Explain the Systems Development Life Cycle," "Do you know black box/white box testing?"

I was also asked to write out the code for SQL, draw a data flow diagram, if I knew what an entity relation diagram was, and asked to answer a logic question about light bulbs in a room. The logic question was intended to test my critical thinking process.

The interviewers for the most part asked reasonable questions that I was prepared for, and when I didn't actually know something I mentioned that. However since I come from a "soft science" field attempting to break into a "hard science" field, a lot of the questions appeared to gauge my intentions for doing so.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I was asked was if someone was somehow putting pressure on me to be in IT. I suspect this was asked because I come from a completely different field, but the question itself hinted a bit of suspicion.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Lead Project Manager Interview

Lead Project Manager
Lombard, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Magenic Technologies in May 2011.

Interview Details – Long phone interview with internal recruiter, in person panel interview. In person 1-on-1 interview.

Interview Question – When using Agile how do you determine EV?   View Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Associate Software Developer
Saint Louis Park, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Magenic Technologies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Quick test, then interviews with multiple people

Interview Question – UML Diagram   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is based on experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Magenic Technologies in March 2012.

Interview Details – They go through at least 3 interviews to make sure you are a right fit. They take pride in their interview process but are great people so don't expect a bunch of jerks, you'll actually enjoy it.

Negotiation Details – Very fair...that's all I will say about this.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Magenic Technologies

Interview Details – You will interview at least 2 people and then the local manager will have a 1 hour talk with you in which your employment is decided.

Interview Question – Everything is technical, so if you know what you do it should not be hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation happened through the phone.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Magenic Technologies in November 2009.

Interview Details – At least 2 phone interviews and a face/face interview

Interview Question – What is polymorphism?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Magenic Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magenic Technologies interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Magenic Technologies employees and interview candidates.