Maggiano's

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

1.9

Cocktail Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maggiano's.

I was hired through a friend so my interview process may have been a little different; also, I was hired before they implemented their current training process. I did talk with all managers and they asked the usual stuff; availability, previous problem solving experience with guests, team working opinions

none

Maitre D Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Maggiano's.

online application, you pick a time from a selection of days to come in for the interview. i waited for 85 minutes past my scheduled interview time for a manager to eventually come talk to me,

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maggiano's in August 2014.

Went online to fill out the Corporate application. Took two weeks for them to get back to me with an interview, and when they did, the next interview was another week away. For someone trying to find a job immediately, this is not helpful at all. The interview was brief. Seemed like the manager already made up her mind before I said anything significant. I have a lot of experience and am really personable so I feel like she didn't even give me a chance.

Banquet Server Interview

People were so nice and helpful, they seem very great I did not accept the offer however, I would definitely work for them at another time. A lot of questions but not too challenging just keep positive and all will go well.

Host Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Maggiano's.

I applied online. I got a call back about 1 week later and was invited in for an interview. The interview was another week after the phone call. The interview was short and informal. Had another interview the next day and was hired on the spot. Waited 1 more week to be called in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you special out of all the other applicants?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maggiano's in June 2014.

I applied online and a week later I got an email saying to make an appointment for my interview. The next few days after making my appointment was my first interview. This lady asked me questions such as what makes you qualified out of all the other applicants. She asked few more question. Asked a couple questions based off my resume. She told me what some of the host do. Interview short and simple. Two days after my interview I got call for another interview for the next day. The second interview was super easy compared to the first one. A guy interviewed me and gave my scenarios, and asked questions about my previous jobs. I got the job right on the spot. Definitely ask questions and make sure to tell them your not afraid of big parties and standing on your feet for a while. Super easy and short interview I have ever done.

Interview Questions
    • If they give you scenarios on what would you do if you were on a wait time and a angry guest comes up saying he has been waiting for 25 minutes and you told him it would be a 20 minute wait how would you handle it?
      Another question would be if there was an intoxicated person acting up that came in how would you handle that?
      What does being a host mean to you?

View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maggiano's in April 2014.

I was a little early but I had to wait an hour and then the interview was like 20 minutes, The interviewer was nice and liked what I said, she didn't tell me about the company and what they are about, she didn't ask me questions, I had to ask her if I could ask her questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a customer that was angry at the food and the service what would you want the employer to do without you saying so.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Hiring was swift. The offer was extended the same day before I left the building. The questions were short and to the point.

Hostess Interview

A full day meeting with the various managers and then a Scantron test to see if you fit their job culture.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maggiano's in June 2012.

I walked in an filled out an application. Came back the following day to sit down and discuss my resume. Had to take a test based on common sense.