Maggiano's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server

Interviewed at Maggiano's

Interview Details – People were so nice and helpful, they seem very great I did not accept the offer however, I would definitely work for them at another time. A lot of questions but not too challenging just keep positive and all will go well.

Interview Question – Are you good at working with large groups of people?   Answer Question

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maggiano's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was a little early but I had to wait an hour and then the interview was like 20 minutes, The interviewer was nice and liked what I said, she didn't tell me about the company and what they are about, she didn't ask me questions, I had to ask her if I could ask her questions.

Interview Question – If you were a customer that was angry at the food and the service what would you want the employer to do without you saying so.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maggiano's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and a week later I got an email saying to make an appointment for my interview. The next few days after making my appointment was my first interview. This lady asked me questions such as what makes you qualified out of all the other applicants. She asked few more question. Asked a couple questions based off my resume. She told me what some of the host do. Interview short and simple. Two days after my interview I got call for another interview for the next day. The second interview was super easy compared to the first one. A guy interviewed me and gave my scenarios, and asked questions about my previous jobs. I got the job right on the spot. Definitely ask questions and make sure to tell them your not afraid of big parties and standing on your feet for a while. Super easy and short interview I have ever done.

Interview Question – If they give you scenarios on what would you do if you were on a wait time and a angry guest comes up saying he has been waiting for 25 minutes and you told him it would be a 20 minute wait how would you handle it?
Another question would be if there was an intoxicated person acting up that came in how would you handle that?
What does being a host mean to you?
  View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Host Interview

Host

I applied online and interviewed at Maggiano's.

Interview Details – I applied online. I got a call back about 1 week later and was invited in for an interview. The interview was another week after the phone call. The interview was short and informal. Had another interview the next day and was hired on the spot. Waited 1 more week to be called in for orientation.

Interview Question – What makes you special out of all the other applicants?   View Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Maggiano's in July 2011.

Interview Details – Came in and filled out a paper application, next day called me in to interview, sat down and spoke to the asst gm and then took personality quiz/iq test, after that was scored we talked a little more, I spoke to the gm and then they asked me to start the following Monday after the usual ID and shot records on file as required by missouri.

Negotiation Details – I applied as a kitchen person but only position available at that time was the banquet server position, I agreed to start there just to get in and then when spots became available in the kitchen they moved me in there.

Server Interview

Server
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Maggiano's in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had a personality test followed by a phone call a couple of days later. I think i had a personality test, anyway. i mostly remember being called in for an interview and the GM and i talked for a while about how i viewed customer care, the importance of people. the basic run down is "do you care about people or are you a sociopath?" If you truly care about people and great customer service, the hiring process is easy.

Host Interview

Host

Interviewed at Maggiano's

Interview Details – Hiring was swift. The offer was extended the same day before I left the building. The questions were short and to the point.

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Maggiano's in May 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was simple and quick. They respond to applications quickly. They ask the basic questions. If you are dressed appropriately, they really consider you. Please be prepared and ready to answer questions respectfully and without "slang" terminology. Professionalism is key when interviewing for this facility.

Hostess

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Maggiano's.

Interview Details – A full day meeting with the various managers and then a Scantron test to see if you fit their job culture.

Interview Question – Why do you wish to work with us?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Maggiano's in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a 3 month process.

Interview Question – It was not difficult; if you are qualified for the job and have experience there should be no problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maggiano's

Worked for Maggiano's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maggiano's interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Maggiano's employees and interview candidates.