Magma Design

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Magma Design in July 2010.

Interview Details – hiring manager called me and offered a phone interview

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Magma Design in December 2010.

Interview Details – It is long hiring process took more than 1month.

Interview Question – Did I had any experience related to customer service? How did you handle customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate and there are chances.

R&D Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Magma Design in February 2008.

Interview Details – I applied after a referral. I communicated mostly with the manager of a small group who was very invested and shepherded the process. The interview was pleasant and mostly meeting the team and a question-and-answer about the position. The canned technical questions (e.g. explain this algorithm) were fortunately skipped. The interviewers were pleasant but didn't make a very compelling case for their company over their competitors.

Interview Question – What are you looking for in this position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company's marketplace position was shaky (and has gotten worse). Compensation was lower than other options.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at Magma Design

Interview Details – I had only one round of Telephonic interview and then HR. I appeared as Fresher with 1year internship experience.

Interview Question – No   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

Mechanical Design and Automation Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Magma Design in June 2011.

Interview Details – i want walk in interview and it is the time consuming process........

Interview Questions

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Magma Design in January 2009.

Interview Details – 100% technical.

Coding + Eda

Interview Question – Handling large hierarchical designs.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Magma Design? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magma Design interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Magma Design employees and interview candidates.