Magmic Games Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

3.5

Game Developer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Magmic Games in April 2010.

Interviewed in person, consisted of the Engineering lead, and Porting lead. Asked various questions about positioning on an Applet, and one question on removing every second element from an array.

Interview Questions
    • Give pseudo-code to create a rectangle centered in the Applet   Answer Question
    • Give code to remove every second element from an array   Answer Question
    N/A

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Magmic Games in May 2008.

The interview was totally stage managed to try to throw me off. First, they kept me waiting for 25 minutes, then no sooner had I settled into a seat in their conference room to start the interview when someone comes in, "Oh, I thought I had the room booked ..." So, we happen to end up back in the VP's office. Luckily, for them they had a whiteboard with a couple of sample blocks of code on it. It soon became clear that these blocks were to be part of a test to see if I could understand their purpose.

Sadly, they did manage to throw me with these tactics, so I didn't fare nearly as well as I would have liked. That being said, I'm not sure how keen I am to work with guys who'd try so hard to throw you off. One final note: all of the problems they presented me were easily found online, so they hadn't even dreamed up their own questions.

Interview Questions
    • What does the function on the board do?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Magmic Games

Worked for Magmic Games? Contribute to the Community!