Magna International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.9

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Magna International (Liberty, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

sitting in a room with very intelligent and psychological people that will try to find out your strengths and weakness in other to determine your fitness for the position. it was more of a smooth transition in conversation so I felt no pressure and was rather happy that I could be myself.

Interview Questions

• how you work in a team, leader characteristics, and past projects   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Magna International.

Interview

Met with 2-3 people who asked me in depth questions about my technical background. One of whom would have been my supervisor. They were knowledgeable and interested in what I had to say. We talked for probably around an hour or two.

Interview Questions

• How I could show that my lab skills and precision were enough for the job.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Magna International.

Interview

Long and detailed. They are trying to get the most experienced and educated. Learn the company and industry prior to interviewing if you do not have relevant experience.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Magna International.

Interview

easy not that bad... did a lot of research and it paid off pretty darn well. Talked with them at the career fair, received a phone call to go in for an interview. When I went there waited until my time to go In and then once I was in the interview I found out it was with three employees and also an intern that was in there to observe.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Magna International.

Interview

Interview process was conducted in professional and valid manner. HR manager, Project Manager, and Plant Manger conducted the interview together. Multiple interviewers allowed for a less biased interview and a more valid assessment of my skills and abilities. The interview itself lasted around 30-45 minutes followed by a 1.5 hour tour of the manufacturing plant.

Interview Questions

• This question was probably only used to create rapport: "Name someone who has had the greatest influence on your work ethic and why."   Answer Question

I felt that the offer was low considering my education level. The offer was a fair offer considering my experience level (below average) but the company was unwilling to negotiate further with regards to salary.

Good Job Interview

Interview

Professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was very simple and set.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Magna International (Troy, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Quick, panel style, not high pressure, skills are important but also concerned with fit within the office. Thorough discussion regarding position, environment and expectations. Recruiters are good at follow up.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Magna International (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

Used a recruiter. Went in for the interview and met with the IT Manager and HR Manager. We talked for a while about my experience and they offered me the job the next day. The IT guy I interviewed with knew a lot and knew what needed to be done. He knew what he was asking and had no problem hiring someone that knew stuff he didn't. I thought he was quite intelligent and high energy.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about my experiences. A few questions about how I got along with others.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiting firm handled all that.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Magna International (Troy, MI).

Interview

Lenghty, Recruiter first, phone interview with manager, in-person with manager then back to meet with Lead Manager ofDept.

Interview Questions

• Use Chrysler STEP questions, best scenario, worst scenario...where do you want to be???   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will wittle you down if they can!

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Magna International (Muncie, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

Very formal interviewing process, however, motivation for hiring me as an employee was not made. The interviewees were genuinely friendly and showed an interest in hiring me. Didn't know the formal qualifications of the interviewees and may have lesser qualifications than me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I agreed to a reduced salary offer and position title.