Magna International

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrator Interview

Spartanburg, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Magna International.

Interview Details – Used a recruiter. Went in for the interview and met with the IT Manager and HR Manager. We talked for a while about my experience and they offered me the job the next day. The IT guy I interviewed with knew a lot and knew what needed to be done. He knew what he was asking and had no problem hiring someone that knew stuff he didn't. I thought he was quite intelligent and high energy.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about my experiences. A few questions about how I got along with others.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The recruiting firm handled all that.

Finance Supervisor Interview

Finance Supervisor
Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Magna International in April 2009.

Interview Details – Preinterview phone call with HR. Interview with Finance Director and Divisional GM.

Interview Question – Financial calculations. Need to show your skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short. Not a lot of room to negotiation. They were pretty generous with vacation, but not salary.

Test Engineer Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Magna International in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed?   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Production Worker
Highland Park, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Magna International in March 2010.

Interview Details – I recieved a call to come in for an interview, when I arrived, I introduced myself to the receptionist and was told to have seat. while I was waiting, remembered not to look nervous or sweaty, just to remain calm and cheerful. When the human resource interviewer came form his office, he spoke my name and intoduced himself to me. We entered his office and i waited for him to sit down first before I did, and then the interview began. He ask me questions that I expected to be asked such as: Why did you leave your previous employer?, Why should we hire you?, What are your strengths and weakness?, If I called your previous employer what would he/she say about you? and so on. I can honestly say that I looked him directly in the eye on each answer that I gave, looking to see his reaction to the feedback I was giving. After it was over I waited for him to extend his hand and I extened mines and we shook hands and it was over. I thanked the receptionist and asked for the HR business card and I left the building.

Interview Questions

Junior Commodity Buyer Interview

Junior Commodity Buyer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Magna International in March 2011.

Interview Details – The initial communication starts from a resume sent to HR. HR will call once there is a job and the interviews beggin. There will be 3 interviews before making any decision.

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult situation you have been through the last 12 months   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Magna International in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Manager. Emerging group, so job requirements were foggy, which led to concern on my part. Not a bad experience, just a bit ambiguous for my preferences. Strong company though.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Magna International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magna International interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Magna International employees and interview candidates.