Magnani Caruso Dutton

Updated Aug 20, 2014

3.2

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Magnani Caruso Dutton.

Took 2 interviews, 1 with the HR (recruitment) and one with the creative leads. The questions are very casual and felt more like a conversation rather than a quiz.

It was shady at first as they did not want to provide specifics on the contract unless I get a visa approved, once I had the visa - the offer was a jr. position with a starting pay despite being a senior (midlevel) in my current job.

Information Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Magnani Caruso Dutton.

really interesting people

Design Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Magnani Caruso Dutton in March 2014.

I applied online through their website and was contacted by HR by email. She then called me to set up a Skype interview. It was weird because we had video through Skype, but the voice was through phone. I talked with 3 people-- the design director, senior art director, and associate art director.

We went through my portfolio (I made a website for it). I talked about my process of each project. They told me what the average day of an intern would be. At the end, I asked them a few questions such as the culture/atmosphere of the company. My question that the design director (Mr. Dutton himself) thought was a great questions was: "What was your favorite project?"

They took a look at my LinkedIn since I had it on my website and asked me a few questions on past/current experiences.

I was contacted the day after to set up a phone talk with a recruiter. So I talked with the recruiter and they offered me the intern position plus pay. She emailed me paperwork and background checks, and asked for 3 references.

Everything was rather fast-paced, but I accepted the position and am set to intern in the summer!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to design/present this project in this way?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate nor did I provide a salary for them to base anything off. I simply told them that "I'm sure if an offer is made, that offer would reflect the skills I bring to the company."

Senior Front-end Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Magnani Caruso Dutton in February 2012.

Sat down in a room and did a test on basic front-end web development.

You have to:
    Create a CSS sprite
    Open a link in a new window with javascript
    Fade a color from green to orange using jQuery
    Create a basic two-column layout

You've got 20 minutes and it goes faster than you'd think. You're allowed to use the web but they have you on a screen capture service so they can watch your test later. Then you walk through your answers with other tech people there. Takes about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What's an example of a challenging project you worked on?   Answer Question

Web Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Magnani Caruso Dutton in December 2010.

I applied through my school job board. HR sent me e-mail about intern position. She set up 1:1 interview. There was not any behavioral question. Director of QA department and leader of developer came and told me that i have to finish the 4 question in 20 min. All questions based on css, javascript. first question was divide the paragraph by css and second was create rectangle with circular corner with css. Like we have in iphone application. i don't remember the other two. If you know javascript and css, you will face little less problem.

Interview Questions
    • interviewer will show you 4 questions and you have to do it in 20 min. create two paragraph with css.   Answer Question
    • create rectangle with circular corner. like we have in iphone apps rectangles.   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Magnani Caruso Dutton.

this is a design company in the midtown area. I had three different interviews, the last two were reschedule due to the CFO was very busy at the time. I think i was competing with two at least two other ppl. the first interview was technical, the other two were more about your personality after over a month. they reached me and told me they moved in a different direction. they look okay to me. dont really know what happened

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Magnani Caruso Dutton in June 2011.

Phone interview with HR followed by sit down with members of finance department.

Interview Questions
    • What have you been doing with your free time while job searching?   View Answer
    Negotiate, otherwise you will be lowballed.