Magnasoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Presales Interview

Manager Presales
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Magnasoft in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very lengthy recruitment process with multiple levels of interviews. No mention of any specific points regarding the company like long working hours and the methods of operation. The hiring process also included F2F interviews, presentations on work process and written tests. The negotiation is really hard and it gets down to wires. Variable components are not that impressive as well as the pay structure.

Interview Question – Sometimes questions were asked that were not relevant to my profile and the job requirement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a lot of negotiation and tried to match the required expectation however with a increased variable component in the salary

Very Easy Interview

Research Executive Interview

Research Executive
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Magnasoft in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college. got call from the company for interview. IT was scheduled at morning 11 o clock. first round was gd. after gd they told that they will inform us. but didnt get any feedback

Interview Question – choose the GD topic   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Magnasoft

Interview Details – One written and one face to face.

Manager Business Development Interview

Manager Business Development
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Magnasoft in April 2012.

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview for 5-7 Rounds, then 1 to 1 interview at Bangalore office, where they judge your Skills, your performance ability, and Documentation.

GIS Engineer Interview

GIS Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Magnasoft in February 2010.

Interview Details – Technical test on ESRI, Microstation, AutoCAD, Erdas. They asked on how to create maps and how to use these tools and software. One team leader and one manager speak to me. One HR person also interviewed me. They said that they were going to give me training. Also they said they are going to raise salary after 6 months.

Interview Questions

• What is a projection? How is a projection changed using ARCINFO or ArcView?   Answer Question
  • How do raster and vector data differ, and give an example of each?   Answer Question

Software Product Developer Interview

Software Product Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Magnasoft in September 2010.

Interview Details – Evidently Magnasoft has a product called Northstar for which they are ramping up the team. I was approached by a consultant, who gave me the JD - strong core Java skills, Hibernate or iBatis, Struts or Spring, Apache Tomcat, Linux.. the usual, but with a twist - that the core Java requirement was very strong. Apparently they're developing state-of-the-art algorithms using Java and need people who are Java cats.

The first round was on the telephone, and seemed to be with an HR person who asked me very basic, general questions - current company, role, responsibility, why I wanted to leave, salary, team sizes, ambition, etc. Run of the mill stuff that I breezed through. I was scheduled for another call the next day, and was told that it would be a technical call.

The next day, another person called, again seemed to be from HR (?), but this time it was very technical. I was put through a Java test with true/false answers, all on the phone. The questions were very tough! What I had heard about Magnasoft hiring the strongest Java devs was true - questions were on memory management, reflection, I/O, logging, exception handling, properties and collections - I think that was it. 25 questions, each one pretty tough and I needed to think through every one. The interviewer was very patient, and didn't mind repeating the questions. The questions took about 40 minutes, and at the end, he told me that I had scored just 16 on 25! I was flabbergasted, but he said that it was ok - normal, and that I needed to come in for a set of f2f rounds.

The next day, I went in, and there were more tests! One tough Java technical test, multiple choice, 80 questions in 60 minutes, in which they covered almost all of core Java, with a focus on performance, speed, memory management, algorithms and data structures. After that, there was a programming test scheduled, which I'd have to take if I cleared the written test.

Unfortunately, I didn't clear the written test, and the interviewer sat with me to explain some portions of where I'd gone wrong, which was nice of him. When I asked if I could come back later, after I improved, he was very nice about it and agreed.

Overall, it was a learning experience, but it looks like their Northstar group is filled with Java cats.

Interview Questions

• A handheld device with limited memory is being programmed to hold a set of named on/off flags. Which is the most appropriate Collection to hold this information?   View Answer
  • A developer is attempting to track down an infrequent and possibly randomly occurring bug on a production system.
    Which Handler will the developer use to ensure that only the most recent set of log messages are captured instead of capturing the entire history of log messages?
      View Answer
  • Which of the following statements about Reflection is/are true?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Magnasoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magnasoft interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Magnasoft employees and interview candidates.