Magnetar Capital Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Magnetar Capital

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magnetar Capital (Evanston, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I met one on one with my future supervisor. They were over 30 minutes late to the planned interview time due to being very busy. Since the internship was only 5 weeks the entire interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked questions about my courses at college and my interests in the company and future career interests.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken that would be applicable to your internship at Magnetar? How so?   Answer Question

Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magnetar Capital (Evanston, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was mostly behavioral, asked team questions and how one would deal with conflicts with team members. Went over resume. Seems like they were passively hiring.

Interview Questions

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magnetar Capital in August 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview - competency questions