Magnolia Bakery

Very Easy Interview

Counter Staff Interview

Counter Staff
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Magnolia Bakery in September 2012.

Interview Details – One interview at the HQ. Asked simple questions and if you had any experience working with food and customers. Very relaxed interview. They told you were you would be working and when they would get back to you.

Interview Question – everything is pretty straight forward there were no hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation since it was my first job

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Counter Staff Interview

Counter Staff

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Magnolia Bakery in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in person and handed in my application to a branch manager. I waited a couple of days for a response before I called corporate for a follow up. They lost my application. I had to give the man on the phone some of my basic information so he could schedule an interview. He emailed me another copy of the application to fill out and send back to him so he could give it to his boss. I filled it out again but I brought an extra copy to my interview just in case. I interviewed with his boss (the Director of Human Resources) a couple days later. She also lost my application. She was very nice but I was already getting the idea that they weren't very organized. She asked me a little bit about myself and asked how I would deal with customers in certain situations. If a customer was angry or dissatisfied, what would I do? She asked me mostly about what I thought good customer service meant. She went on to talk about how that customer service is the priority of the business.

My first impressions led me to believe that everyone is really nice but that they are really disorganized. They also seemed like they would hire just about anybody. There doesn't seem to be any way that they select certain people for the job. It seemed really cool and casual, but maybe too casual...

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a situation you have had with customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Magnolia Bakery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magnolia Bakery interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Magnolia Bakery employees and interview candidates.