Mahindra Satyam Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Updated Jul 9, 2014
193 interviews

Senior Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in August 2013.

The hiring process here is tailored to look complex and thorough but is actually a colossal joke. They had a written test for me which could be passed by a 2 yr old. The next round is a group discussion which does not have a moderator or watcher... So you end up just chatting with fellow applicants. The next 2 "technical" interviews were so ridiculous it felt like the interviewers were more interested in asking me about my personal life rather than my skills for the role. I guess one can't expect any better from a services company in India.

Interview Questions

Can't imagine working with the guys who interviewed me!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in September 2010.

Hiring is good and systematic one.
    Interview evaluates one's basic concepts and design patterns understanding and ability to perform a task with due diligence.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to change from your current company   View Answer
    Yes, I could based on my capabilities in Strong Core Java Knowledge and Webservices implementations

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam.

tiring and OK.

Interview Questions
    • how can you justify joining this company   View Answer

Mahindra Satyam Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in January 2011.

3 rounds

no negotiation was done

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in January 2010.

there were two rounds of interview. one by local person and another client. Local Interviewers are technically weak in general. they look only for salary component to keep their acquisition cost minimal. Client is generally overseas US or European, and may grill on technical aspects. The USP is onsite opportunities which is 10% to total team strength. generally you have be in good books of manager to get that.

Interview Questions
    • salary negotiation. Interviewers are technically weak in general.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in November 2012.

Quick

Interview Questions
    They are cheap as hell! They totally underpaid me. They would not pay me more than 75k! And my job is worth 150k!

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in May 2010.

I was walk-in for exp 3+ and there are 3 rounds all are face to face.
    1st and 2nd are technical and 3rd was HR.

I could crack the rounds but to disclose the results they took 1mnth that was most irritating thing.

Interview Questions
    It was good and got as expected. I'm thankful to Mahindra Satyam for giving me initial break that I need the most at that time around 2010

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam.

HR called up an scheduled an face to face interview. he was very polite to schedule according to my convenience as i was working. ASIC team manager and team lead interview me.
    They mostly asked about my previous projects and the problems i faced and how i handled.
    Apart from that team lead asked about digital basics and some verilog code explanation.

office location, space was good. Work culture was good.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Joined as Fresher. One round of interview, not technical. Asked questions about Electronics and some HR questions.

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in December 2012.

It is 3 round of process first round is technical written test , second & third round are technical.

Got other offer