Mahindra Satyam

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in March 2011.

Interview Details – Round 1 - Written Test - Aptitude Verbal and Logical Reasoning. They were quite easy because I had enough practice from 1 year ahead Round -2 - Technical - STructs and Unions - C and others from C, HR - why mahindra? how? hobbies? expectations?

Interview Question – Whats the most exciting thing now ?.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Joining too late (More than an year after they accepted me)

Chandigarh (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in April 2011.

Interview Details – offcampus

Interview Question – it was average, as per fresher standards   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in July 2010.

Interview Details – After the online test was conducted the results were out in a weeks time.After which I was called for the face to face interview. It was mixed bad of technical and bit non-technical(managerial) .The duration of interview was almost 1 hour.Was given some programs to write and dry run of some codes.

Interview Question – Nothing as such... But was put into some pressure situations   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam.

Interview Details – 2 rounds

Interview Question – connection pooling   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – visa initiated with current company

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in June 2010.

Interview Details – SImple C++ questions. Good communication skills and academics with 60% always.

Interview Question – C++ questions basic questions and prepare oops concepts properly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was fresher so they offered the price according to their policy.

Ongole (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in February 2011.

Interview Details – First the hiring process starts with one written test consists of some general aptitude and English questions after that Technical and HR interview will be there, they will test the mental ability of the person and technically how good he is.

Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in May 2010.

Interview Details – I got hired in June, 2010. The organisation conducted an initial aptitude test consisting of 100 questions (having a fair share of Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and English) to be solved in 60 minutes. Once the candidate cleared the test, he/she would be receiving a call for the interview. The candidate might be required to travel to some state/ city where in the company has an office.

Interview Question – My interview actually went very fine, but I got feedback from my friends that some of the panels were trying to test how the candidate behaves in stressful situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I was a fresher when i joined MSat, i settled for the CTC they were offering us.

Pune (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in November 2010.

Interview Details – One day before the interview i was called by a job assistant(Seed Infotech) that there is requirement in Mahindra Satyam for Java/J2EE.I confirmed them and started preparing for the same.The next day I reached the place(Seed Infotech Campus) at 9'o clock.That was the time given to me.By 12'o clock a senior lady from the company came there and test bagan.It consisted of 60 questions of which 30 were aptitude and 30 were from core java.Questions were little tough as questions from java are really SCJP questions.The duration for the test was 1 hour.After submission of answer sheet,result was announced in half an hour.I was selected for the next round that was 1:1 interview at Mahindra Satyam,Dhole Patil Road.When we reached the place there was First round of technical interview.Questions were really tough,not direct but mainly of java program execution.I was little nervous but answered them.I cleared the interview and was called for HR interview.The interviewer just wanted to know what are my skill sets and whether i won't leave the company early as i am married.Then she told me they will let me know whether i was selected or not.After 3 days i got the call from their Chennai office that i got selected.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly related to interface implementation.Most of them were from program execution.I really didn't remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As i joined as fresher so there was no negotiation phase for me.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was a very tiresome process from morning till evening. Started off with an Aptitude test and waiting for the result for 1 hour. this was followed by the Group Discussion , and the technical interview 1 on 1. Once the 3 rounds were cleared, there was a 1 on 1 HR interview lined up and the results were announced finally late in the night.

Interview Question – What is a database   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in June 2010.

Interview Details – There are three stages in the interview process - Online Aptitude test, Technical Interview and HR Interview.

Interview Question – Some Analytical Questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mahindra Satyam

Worked for Mahindra Satyam? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mahindra Satyam Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mahindra Satyam employees and interview candidates.