Main Street Hub

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

Local Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Very organized, they were friendly and made me feel very welcome and great description on the duties. There were no surprises. I just feel like they should have taken care of parking. I was interviewed by 2 people they gave me a great description and got me excited. This is the lowest salary I have ever had. I work very hard and I hope i can make the money I need to to stay bc this is a great place. I am just very worried about the money.

No room to negotiate regardless of experience

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Main Street Hub.

I applied through a staffing agency and received a call the next day. The agency pretty much gave me the run down on what they were looking for and how the interview was going to be. I considered not going due to some of the reviews but went anyway. The girl who was supposed to see me first was out to lunch so I met with a manager. I could tell it wasn't going to go well because he was not friendly at all. He made it very clear that he was direct and kept making me ask him the questions. Eventually I ran out of questions and he didn't seem to excited about it. He claimed he could tell how a person was going to sell by the questions they asked. He also said they were cleaning house and making some changes to the company .

Interview Questions
    • There was no questions because he made me ask him all the questions.   Answer Question

Social Meda Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Main Street Hub.

The interview process consisted of having all three interview sessions in one day. I had met with a very nice lady who explained how the operation worked and was there to see if I was a culture fit with the company. The second interview was to see if I had the right personality for the position and to determine my qualifications. The third interview seemed a bit redundant of the second interview, just a little more intense with some more digging on my qualifications. Over all the process took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I thought the daily process would seem like.   View Answer

Social Media Community Manager Interview

A few days after submitting my resume I received a work-product assignment to complete at home. After submitting this, I was invited for a interview at the firm. The interview took over one hour and I met with 7-8 different people. There were three rounds all in one day, with new questions and interviewers each time. Overall, the process was pretty relaxed and not very uptight.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a couple of unusual questions such as "What is your spirit animal?" and "What song would you add to the company playlist?"   Answer Question

Undisclosed Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Main Street Hub.

They contacted me for an interview via email approximately 2 weeks after I submit for the position online. They asked me for my availability for the rest of the week (this was a Tuesday). I replied almost immediately. I had no response. The following Monday I replied and stated we could do this week at their convenience. They replied and asked for my availability again. I replied within the day. No response. Another week went by and then they reached out and apologized for not setting up a good time, and asked for my availability the next 2 days. I replied and we settled on a time. It was a 30 minute phone interview setup with the very same person who had been emailing me.

She called me 23 minutes late (into a 30 minute session). She sounded very rushed in all her questions and was clearly sitting in a loud area. It was distracting and a bit unsettling for an interview. She stated after the interview it would be a week and they would let me know next steps. 2 weeks have come and gone with no response. I even sent a thank you email.

Interview Questions
    • Define Success. No real parameters to it in my opinion, I relied on talking about work success.   Answer Question

Social Media Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Main Street Hub.

This was a very lengthy interview process.

I had initially applied for the Social Media Profile Manager position; I was contacted within a week and asked to do a project assignment and turn it in within about 3 days time. This project assignment consisted of the typical social media "ad copy" where you write mock replies to reviews, tweets, etc.
    After submission, I had not heard anything for a week. So I inquired about where I stood with the interview process. I received a quick reply, apologizing for not responding sooner, and was invited for an in-person interview.
    This interview lasted about two hours. I met with two Profile Manger leads, then met with two Profile Managers, who would potentially be future co-workers.

I received a quick email after the interview that I was not a right fit for the position, but that I was best suited for a Social Media Community Manager, which they invited me to formally apply for.

After applying, I was put in touch with the "community recruitment director" and was asked to do yet another project assignment. This consisted of basically the same assignments.

Once again, after submission, I did not hear back until I inquired once again about my status, which then I was again invited for another in-person interview.

I interviewed with two directors, two community manager lead, and two community managers.

After this whole process, I was told another individual was selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you describe success?" Kinda floored me. I suppose because it was so vague... success in WHAT sense? In social media recruitment, in how I bake my chicken, or in how I live my life?"

They also asked me to tell them a joke. I responded "Why is gambling illegal in Africa? ...because there's too many CHEATAHS." They didn't think it was funny, obviously.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Main Street Hub in September 2014.

Submitted application on a Friday and received an email shortly after with instructions to complete a sample work project due the following Monday at 9am. After submitting the assignment, I followed up with them and the recruiter scheduled a skype interview, followed by an in person interview (with the recruiter, 2 community managers, 2 team leads and one manager) at the office the following day and afterwards was asked to give 4 references. The recruiter connected with my references and followed up with me, inviting me to come into the office to meet with another team lead. We got coffee and then 2 days later, found out they were not going to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • They have a set of questions they ask/each interviewer had a printed list of questions (many asked multiple times): why this company, why this position, how I've handled difficult situations/challenges in past, why would someone want to sit next to me, what would past coworkers miss about me/not miss about me, what is something a previous boss would say I need to work on, what's my spirit animal, tell a joke, what song would I add to company playlist, when was a time I was excited to get out of bed for work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Main Street Hub in September 2014.

A recruiter set up an interview for me. There were 3 people who interviewed me. The first lady gauged my attitude and personality by asking about company values in respect to my own. That went fine. The second manager went through my background an experience, This took about 15 minutes. The third manager was being very hard on me, trying to put me in corners and acting incredibly difficult. I imagine this was done on purpose to test my toughness in hard situations. Then we ran through the sales pitch. I read exactly what the pitch said as recommended by previous glassdoor reviews. That failed miserably. The last manager said he would contact me the next day to see whether or not I got the job. He never contacted me, though Im sure I did not get the job. At the end of the day I am glad I dont have to work for somebody whom lacks the common courtesy to even respond to an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What specifically do you want to be doing in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Main Street Hub.

1 week interview process at best. Fairly easy process with recruiter and managers right after. I felt like meeting with 2 managers went well to be offered a position. The questions were pretty much why MainStreet Hub, how did you find us? Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Nothing big. They missed out. I didnt.

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Main Street Hub in August 2014.

I had an interview with Main Street Hub, but didn't pursue them and they didn't pursue me. First a 30-minute phone call. It's pretty basic, they just want to see if you're likable on the phone. A week later I had a 15-minute in-person interview with Office Manager. She's cool. Then about 45 minutes with the Sales Manager. They seemed honest about there being a cold caller "script" early on in that position. I brought up some of these reviews with both people I met and their response was that it's a startup and the reviews are true. I thought that was an honest answer. I didn't follow-up because the product seemed like it could easily be duplicated by plenty of tech companies and not much stopping them. Everyone seemed nice and likely easy to work with. Probably a good position if you want to launch a career in Sales. They seem to have a good company infrastructure, but could always expand their strategy on "helping Main Street."

Interview Questions
    • So you're pretty soft spoken dude, you gonna be like this on the phone?   View Answer