Main Street Hub Interview Questions

3.1

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Main Street Hub in August 2014.

I had an interview with Main Street Hub, but didn't pursue them and they didn't pursue me. First a 30-minute phone call. It's pretty basic, they just want to see if you're likable on the phone. A week later I had a 15-minute in-person interview with Office Manager. She's cool. Then about 45 minutes with the Sales Manager. They seemed honest about there being a cold caller "script" early on in that position. I brought up some of these reviews with both people I met and their response was that it's a startup and the reviews are true. I thought that was an honest answer. I didn't follow-up because the product seemed like it could easily be duplicated by plenty of tech companies and not much stopping them. Everyone seemed nice and likely easy to work with. Probably a good position if you want to launch a career in Sales. They seem to have a good company infrastructure, but could always expand their strategy on "helping Main Street."

Interview Questions
    • So you're pretty soft spoken dude, you gonna be like this on the phone?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Main Street Hub in August 2014.

It starts off with a resume being sent in via email.Normal enough.Some guy named Allen then grills you with typically Califoniaesque vague questions which unless your either from there or perhaps on crack at the time make very little sense. Finally you go to the office.A gutted space on the 9th floor of the old Perry Brooks building in downtown Austin.
    Now here is where,at least to me it truly becomes weird.They have you talk first with the "office manager' some chick named Kristen or maybe Kirsten. She must be someone's girlfriend or something because that was simply a waste of time. Speaking with this chick added nothing to the process but time Then you talk to both of the floor managers, and they have you repeat the same processes. Finally I got to listen to some self absorbed guy who was quick to tell me he purchased his first house at 19, like that means anything. They don't even have splitters so you can listen to the other end of the conversation, just their end of the conversation. you have no idea what was happening on the other end. Absolutely meaningless call.

Social Media Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

This was a very lengthy interview process.

I had initially applied for the Social Media Profile Manager position; I was contacted within a week and asked to do a project assignment and turn it in within about 3 days time. This project assignment consisted of the typical social media "ad copy" where you write mock replies to reviews, tweets, etc.
    After submission, I had not heard anything for a week. So I inquired about where I stood with the interview process. I received a quick reply, apologizing for not responding sooner, and was invited for an in-person interview.
    This interview lasted about two hours. I met with two Profile Manger leads, then met with two Profile Managers, who would potentially be future co-workers.

I received a quick email after the interview that I was not a right fit for the position, but that I was best suited for a Social Media Community Manager, which they invited me to formally apply for.

After applying, I was put in touch with the "community recruitment director" and was asked to do yet another project assignment. This consisted of basically the same assignments.

Once again, after submission, I did not hear back until I inquired once again about my status, which then I was again invited for another in-person interview.

I interviewed with two directors, two community manager lead, and two community managers.

After this whole process, I was told another individual was selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you describe success?" Kinda floored me. I suppose because it was so vague... success in WHAT sense? In social media recruitment, in how I bake my chicken, or in how I live my life?"

They also asked me to tell them a joke. I responded "Why is gambling illegal in Africa? ...because there's too many CHEATAHS." They didn't think it was funny, obviously.
        Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Main Street Hub in August 2014.

I applied online and received an email back within a couple days. They asked me to complete a task that consisted of short answers and a few other questions. They give you a couple days to complete this task. Next I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. That was followed by two in-person interviews and them checking my references. The whole process took a couple weeks. Everyone was very nice.

Social Media Community Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Main Street Hub in July 2014.

After I applied, I was soon contacted and asked to complete a Work Product Assignment, which consisted of several pages of short writing assignments meant to be representative of what a Social Media Community Manager might be assigned to do, within three or so days (between a Friday afternoon and Monday afternoon). I was then contacted to schedule an interview within a week or so of my submission of the assignment.

My interview featured three pairs of employees, each pair representing a different tier of the company, including two current Social Media Community Managers at the end. That final phase featured more informal questions, while the first two phases were more formal and featured more conventional interview questions. The interview lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • Something to the tune of: "Why would I want to sit next to you? What makes you a good coworker?" ... They also asked what my spirit animal was, and for me to tell a joke.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

1 week interview process at best. Fairly easy process with recruiter and managers right after. I felt like meeting with 2 managers went well to be offered a position. The questions were pretty much why MainStreet Hub, how did you find us? Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Nothing big. They missed out. I didnt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Main Street Hub in May 2013.

The hiring process consisted of completing a work product sample (various social media writing prompts), then 2 Interviews. The first interview was with the team leads and a few current Community Managers (about 3). During the first interview, we reviewed the work product sample and discussed details of the position. The second interview was with the department manager and consisted of slightly broader topics. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What song would you add to the public company playlist and why?   Answer Question

Social Media Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Main Street Hub in February 2013.

easy no problems, the managers that interviewed me are no longer there. just go in and act like a college frat kid and you'll get the job. I don't know what else to say so I'm just trying to take up space

Interview Questions
    • there's really none, just normal questions   View Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

After applying, I was sent a written test to complete over the weekend. The questions were interesting and gave insight into the potential opening. I was then scheduled for a phone interview later in the week. The conversation was friendly and encouraging, however, the salary for this position was less than I am currently making by a significant amount. I assume the position would be better suited for a recent graduate. I decided not to persue an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine yourself in a sales position: Sell me on why Pilates is better than yoga.   View Answer

Social Media Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

After submitting your resume the hiring manager will send you a document with a list of tasks: responding to good and bad yelp reviews, writing tweets, a haiku, and captions. The time limit to complete the exercise is general three to four days--I received the email on a Friday and had to submit it by noon on Monday.

Interview Questions

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!