Main Street Hub Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview about a week later. The phone call was about 30 minutes and was the usual HR questions. After the initial phone interview, I was scheduled for a technical interview with an engineer that was about 45 minutes in length. The technical interview was centered around writing code into a shared Google Doc. After the first technical interview I was given a candidate project to complete. This was a collaborative project where I could ask questions to the engineer if I had any problems. After this I was invited to an on-site interview. The on-site interview was broken up into four different interviews. Three of them were technical that included whiteboarding and the other was with the VP of Engineering. There also treated me to lunch between the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's one question that I didn't ask you that you wanted me to ask?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY).

Interview

Sent my resume by indeed and got a email the next day. Asked me when I was available to have a phone interview and told them tomorrow or the next day due to my work schedule. They then countered by asking me if they could call that afternoon. This would have been fine but they called 20 minutes later then the agreed time. After my phone interview I got a call back from another recruiter telling me they didn't believe I was a good fit (even tho I had sales and marketing experience). They felt I would have a better fit for a in account management, only problem is this position was available in there Austin Texas office. Although it was nice of them to want to think of me and offer to help me get employed moving to Texas wasn't really an option for me at this point in my life.

Interview Questions

• A lot of background. Where do you see yourself. What do you know about the company type stuff. Nothing to hard.   Answer Question

Moving out of state for a position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

interviewed by two people, asked me questions which were fair, covered my background asked me to sell them a product of my choice to one of them. talked to other people on a one on one basis about the structure of the company & company goals.

Director of Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very friendly culture very important. management style. Iterative both questions and discussions. We covered a lot of ground in a very short time. They expected you did your due diligence about Main street hub before interview, which is not out of the ordinary. You should always do that before you interview with any company.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview Prep call for in office interview In office interview with 3 of staff. Met with 2 account managers and sales director. Went over sales pitch. No room for improvisation. They give you critiques to work on for each following interview. 1st interview was the cold call. 2nd interview was closing skills. 3rd interview was with sales director with questions regarding how you'll fit in with the office.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you One example when you had friction in your office and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX).

Interview

Sat down and listened to a current marketing consultant make two phone calls. After that two team leads interviewed me. It was helpful to see exactly what I would be doing and where I would be doing it. I could picture myself fitting in to the environment. Follow up phone calls afterwards were direct and two the point. Very efficient.

Social Media Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview process was more or less like everyone else's. I started out sending them my resume and cover letter and then got an e-mail saying they were interested and wanted me to complete a work product assignment (a sample piece of work that would mirror my on-the-job responsibilities). Upon completing that, I got an e-mail from the recruiter asking for a Skype interview. Following that, I was invited for an in-office interview. There were two rounds - first with two Team Leads and then with two employees who had the same job I was applying for. It was pretty conversational - especially the second round. After that, I was asked for one more in-office interview with someone higher up. It was pretty brief and felt more like a meet and greet than an actual interview. I received an e-mail a week or so later asking for references. The recruiter got in touch with them in about a day and I got an offer a day or so after that.

Interview Questions

• If you were a fictional character, what would you be? There were lots of others, but they were basically the same as everything else I've seen on here.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward and I interviewed with highly professional, friendly people. I was asked to complete an assignment that mirrored some of the tasks I would be responsible for if hired. Followed by a phone interview, and 2 in person interviews. Very accommodating and flexible with scheduling interviews. I was taken on an office tour, and even interviewed with the comany's CEO.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Interview

very akward. Will try and throw you off and see if can get under skin. The managers hire everyone though and will take anyone. You will have to see 2 managers before getting hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX).

Interview

It lasted about 15-20 minutes and they asked the typical interview questions. It seems if you can call people on the phone and have good people skills they hire you. I felt they didn't really want to know about how you would handle different situations or how someone would cold call sell and make many calls day in and day out.