Main Street Hub Social Media Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2014

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Main Street Hub in February 2013.

easy no problems, the managers that interviewed me are no longer there. just go in and act like a college frat kid and you'll get the job. I don't know what else to say so I'm just trying to take up space

Interview Questions
  • there's really none, just normal questions   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Main Street Hub

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

It was pretty basic interview, however I was under qualified for the job and probably should not haven been there in the first place, asked a simple question like "sell me this pen."

Social Media Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Main Street Hub in April 2013.

Phone call with recruiter, one on one with sales manager, then 30 minutes,on the phone

Social Media Sales Associate Interview

Phone interview went alright - The guy doing it has no experience at it from what I learned from working there, if you don't sound like an idiot and have some background it should be a piece of cake. Interviewing was quick, lot's of questions, wants to see motivation and that sort of thing.

Interview Questions
    • If you are doing bad in your phone interview, he will do things to see if you can save it and ask you to sell him something. I know this because he told me in person. So be prepared. If you suck, he will ask you to sell him something.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. 32k salary, benefits, they go over more about commission in training. But read my review, commission is horrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Main Street Hub in May 2012.

They emailed me a script to memorize and about 24 hours later we had a phone interview where we roll played a cold call. I was offered a position at the end of the call.

Interview Questions
    • The script is incredibly long so if they give you any negative answers it's hard to move to a rebuttal.   Answer Question
    They told me what the salary was and I turned them down. The next day they gave me a second offer and I took a few days to accept it but refused to start until the next hiring phase as I held a high demand position within my current company. They then offered me more and said I had to start that Monday (it was Friday afternoon).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Main Street Hub in April 2013.

The hiring process is actually very rigorous. You begin by filling out a personalized written application as well as submitting a resume and cover letter. The written application mostly wants to sift out how well you understand the sales psychology and whether or not you could be passionate about social media. The next level is a face to face initial meeting with the recruiter and the sales managers. If you pass that, they send you home with the pitch which you practice on your own and then do a mock telephone call with the recruiter a day or so later. If you pass the mock telephone call, you then come in for live interviews where you call real businesses and they monitor how you speak and react on your feet. If they like you, you are hired.

Interview Questions
    You are unable to negotiate. They just lowered their base salary as well, but, the commission is very fair and you can make good money if you are crushing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Main Street Hub in June 2013.

first phone interview was pretty standard- strengths, weaknesses etc. Second phone interview was a mock cold call and the third interview was face-to-face and a real live cold call

Interview Questions
    • On the first phone interview they read three sentences once and wanted you to say them back with the same voice tones.   Answer Question

Social Media Sales Associate Interview

very relaxed and no nonsense

Social Media Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Very Easy. Hired same day.

Interview Questions
    Easy and straight forward. I just wish they paid more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Long drawn out interview process when in reality they will hire just about anyone in the sales department.

No negotiation.

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!