Main Street Hub

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Interview Details – It was pretty basic interview, however I was under qualified for the job and probably should not haven been there in the first place, asked a simple question like "sell me this pen."

Interview Question – Sell me "objectx"   Answer Question

Social Media Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Main Street Hub in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call with recruiter, one on one with sales manager, then 30 minutes,on the phone

Interview Question – Why do you want this job it's not for everybody.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Main Street Hub

Interview Details – Phone interview went alright - The guy doing it has no experience at it from what I learned from working there, if you don't sound like an idiot and have some background it should be a piece of cake. Interviewing was quick, lot's of questions, wants to see motivation and that sort of thing.

Interview Question – If you are doing bad in your phone interview, he will do things to see if you can save it and ask you to sell him something. I know this because he told me in person. So be prepared. If you suck, he will ask you to sell him something.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. 32k salary, benefits, they go over more about commission in training. But read my review, commission is horrible.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Main Street Hub in May 2012.

Interview Details – They emailed me a script to memorize and about 24 hours later we had a phone interview where we roll played a cold call. I was offered a position at the end of the call.

Interview Question – The script is incredibly long so if they give you any negative answers it's hard to move to a rebuttal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me what the salary was and I turned them down. The next day they gave me a second offer and I took a few days to accept it but refused to start until the next hiring phase as I held a high demand position within my current company. They then offered me more and said I had to start that Monday (it was Friday afternoon).

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Main Street Hub in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is actually very rigorous. You begin by filling out a personalized written application as well as submitting a resume and cover letter. The written application mostly wants to sift out how well you understand the sales psychology and whether or not you could be passionate about social media. The next level is a face to face initial meeting with the recruiter and the sales managers. If you pass that, they send you home with the pitch which you practice on your own and then do a mock telephone call with the recruiter a day or so later. If you pass the mock telephone call, you then come in for live interviews where you call real businesses and they monitor how you speak and react on your feet. If they like you, you are hired.

Interview Question – Why would you want a job cold calling?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are unable to negotiate. They just lowered their base salary as well, but, the commission is very fair and you can make good money if you are crushing it.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Main Street Hub in June 2013.

Interview Details – first phone interview was pretty standard- strengths, weaknesses etc. Second phone interview was a mock cold call and the third interview was face-to-face and a real live cold call

Interview Question – On the first phone interview they read three sentences once and wanted you to say them back with the same voice tones.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Main Street Hub

Interview Details – very relaxed and no nonsense

Interview Question – why do you want to work with main street hub?   Answer Question

Social Media Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Interview Details – Very Easy. Hired same day.

Interview Question – Live calls when you come in was fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and straight forward. I just wish they paid more.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Interview Details – Long drawn out interview process when in reality they will hire just about anyone in the sales department.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with salesforce?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Main Street Hub

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!

Main Street Hub Videos

Main Street Hub – Why Work for Us?

Founded in 2010, Main Street Hub is the voice of more local businesses than any other company. Through technology, creativity, and service, we provide great local businesses around the world with do-it-for-you products… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Main Street Hub Social Media Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Main Street Hub employees and interview candidates.