MaineGeneral Health

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Augusta, ME

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at MaineGeneral Health.

Interview Details – On-line application. Phone interview. Manager interview. Group interview.

Interview Question – You have a lot of education, why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Someone else offered me a job faster. I had forgotten all about these people by the time they called me months later to offer a job. Hiring is too slow and creaky.

Very Difficult Interview

Waterville, ME

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at MaineGeneral Health in February 2010.

Interview Details – Asked me if I wanted to work.

Interview Question – "what's your favorite scary movie?   View Answer

Patient Service Representative II Interview

Patient Service Representative II
Augusta, ME

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MaineGeneral Health in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process has completely changed since I was hired

Very Easy Interview

Technician Interview

Technician

Interviewed at MaineGeneral Health

Interview Details – About an hour interview. Not very professional . Felt more like a little gab session. The interviewer talked about herself more the job.

Interview Question – What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Waterville, ME

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MaineGeneral Health in April 2008.

Interview Details – Online application, face-to-face traditional interview.

Interview Question – I do not remember. I started working there at least 10 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate my pay. It was one of my first nursing jobs so I accepted what the pay was set at.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Augusta, ME

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MaineGeneral Health in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted over the phone to interview for the position. After an interview with the Director of IT and Director of the PMO I was asked to participate in a group interview via skype. Since this position required relocation I suggested a face to face. I was required to pay for my own flight and accomodations for the interview and a week later I was offered the position at a salary less than was discussed during the first interview and a significant amount less than I was making previously. I initially accepted the position and was then subjected to a pathetic and incompetent HR department which among othere things informed me that I had to fly in a week before I started to take a picture for my employee bage. After several polite requests to do it the day I was hired they firmly said no. I then declined the position as I have never seen an organization that requires you to come in a week early (at your own expense) to take a picture. There were many other issues including several doctor's visits for physicals, hearing and eye tests, TB tests - all done on personal time and not reimbursed.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult or unexpected about the questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The HR department and corporate policy. I was warned by Maine General employees that if you came from an area outside Maine you would be surprised how they do things. Having a history of working for Fortune 500 companies I would liken my experience to Deliverance meets healthcare. I do feel very bad for the people that trust their lives to this organization.

Worked for MaineGeneral Health? Contribute to the Community!