MaineGeneral Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Augusta, ME

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MaineGeneral Health in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted over the phone to interview for the position. After an interview with the Director of IT and Director of the PMO I was asked to participate in a group interview via skype. Since this position required relocation I suggested a face to face. I was required to pay for my own flight and accomodations for the interview and a week later I was offered the position at a salary less than was discussed during the first interview and a significant amount less than I was making previously. I initially accepted the position and was then subjected to a pathetic and incompetent HR department which among othere things informed me that I had to fly in a week before I started to take a picture for my employee bage. After several polite requests to do it the day I was hired they firmly said no. I then declined the position as I have never seen an organization that requires you to come in a week early (at your own expense) to take a picture. There were many other issues including several doctor's visits for physicals, hearing and eye tests, TB tests - all done on personal time and not reimbursed.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult or unexpected about the questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The HR department and corporate policy. I was warned by Maine General employees that if you came from an area outside Maine you would be surprised how they do things. Having a history of working for Fortune 500 companies I would liken my experience to Deliverance meets healthcare. I do feel very bad for the people that trust their lives to this organization.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MaineGeneral Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MaineGeneral Health Senior Project Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MaineGeneral Health employees and interview candidates.