Mainfreight

2.8

Entry Level Supply Chain Graduate Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mainfreight in May 2014.

I applied through my university's career portal and they replied to me for an interview within a few days.

The interview was pretty easy with a few questions. The office manager interviewed me asking about my strengths and weaknesses, career goals and aspirations, and a few behavioral questions, which overall took around 20 minutes.

I bonded well with the manager since we were alumni from the same university and we majored in the same thing.

I got a second interview from another branch manager of a larger branch and it ended up being an hour long over the phone since she was describing what the company was about and what the program entailed. She asked the same questions as the first interview and it went well.

Overnight Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Mainfreight in October 2011.

applied and was called the next day to set up interview, interview was a few days later, took quick computer survey, 1 on 1 interview with situational questions that took some me a little thinking, then a second 1 on 1 interview with about the same thing. both interviewers were very nice. easy process.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ansonia, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Ansonia, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mainfreight in October 2011.

i had one on one interviews with two mangers it took ten minutes each. I called and they said a third schedule is not planned.

Interview Questions
    • Name a mistake you done and what did you do to correct it   Answer Question

Distribution Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mainfreight in August 2011.

Corporate HR person call exactly at the time we mutually agreed upon. She was very cordial and easy to talk to. She asked basic interview questions. However, she never asked me to tell her about myself, which I thought was odd and really wanted to do (as an initial sell). She explained what I could expect for the rest of the application process and the timeline. Unfortunately, I recieved an e-mail several days later indicating they were considering other candidates and I was not one of them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult task and how you dealth with it.   Answer Question
    • If I were to contact your current employer, what do you thing he or she would say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • What is a weakness you have?   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mainfreight in June 2011.

Filled out the application online and received a call from HR a few weeks later. They have you come in and you take a basic skills test on their computers near Customer Services. Then they take you back to their offices and you sit in one of the Team Leaders offices. First the lower supervisor for the position comes in and interviews you, behavioral questions. Then the boss of the group I was applying for, the Executive Team Lead, came in and gave me similar questions. Then if they like your interview a member of HR will go in and offer you a job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You're given a set salary and also a $1 differential for working early.

Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mainfreight in November 2010.

Three interviews from team leads.

Just be honest

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mainfreight in March 2010.

Performed phone interview followed by 3 panel interviews. Also had to complete a skills assesment online

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lugoff, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Lugoff, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mainfreight in January 2010.

It seemed to be a good group of people. Our initial communications were through their HR recruiters in Minneapolis, MN. There were two phone interviews. Then, a 100 quest. aptitude test, which is about the best I can describe it. It wasn't a Meyer's-Briggs, more like a few personality type questions, word/math problems and some situational stuff. The on-site interview was 3 different groups of 2. The benefits are good but that's about the only thing. Lugoff is in the middle of nowhere, the work schedules are terrible and it seems like they are continuously battling moderate to high turnover on the shop floor. This seems to be making life tough on front line supervision. Upward mobility seems difficult as well unless you want to move to Minnesota.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you "had" to form a relationship with a co-worker outside of work, to get something accomplished at work.   View Answer

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shafter, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shafter, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mainfreight in October 2009.

1. Phone Interview w/ Recruiter. 2. Online Skills / Personality Test 3. Three on Site Interviews w/ GM & Senior Mgt. 4. Drug Test. 5. Offer

Interview Questions
    • All Questions are Behavior / Experience Based   View Answer
    Zero Negotiation

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mainfreight in July 2009.

Was contacted by a Target recruiter who saw my resume posted on Career Builder. During the initial call, she setup a time for a 30 minute phone interview for a few days later. Basic questions about my past work experiences mixed with some basic leadership questions. Then she setup an onsite interview appointment for the following week. In the meanwhile I took an hour long online skills test (basic math, reasoning and personality). The onsite consisted of a plant tour, then 4 panel interviews with a different team each time (about 30 minutes each). Behavioral questions ruled the day. Overall, positive experience. I think they are very proud of their "culture" and will likely favor those with less experience so that other corporate cultures don't sneak in.

Interview Questions
    • With your experience, why do you want to go back to frontline supervision?   View Answer