Mainfreight

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Mainfreight in January 2009.

Interview Details – 30min interview on the phone
Basic questions

Interview Question – When is a time that you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Flow Team Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mainfreight in November 2010.

Interview Details – Three interviews from team leads.

Negotiation Details – Just be honest

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Ansonia, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mainfreight in October 2011.

Interview Details – i had one on one interviews with two mangers it took ten minutes each. I called and they said a third schedule is not planned.

Interview Question – Name a mistake you done and what did you do to correct it   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Interview

Overnight Flow Team
Bloomington, IN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mainfreight in October 2011.

Interview Details – applied and was called the next day to set up interview, interview was a few days later, took quick computer survey, 1 on 1 interview with situational questions that took some me a little thinking, then a second 1 on 1 interview with about the same thing. both interviewers were very nice. easy process.

Interview Question – describe a time you had to help someone out in need?   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Interview

Overnight Flow Team
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mainfreight in June 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out the application online and received a call from HR a few weeks later. They have you come in and you take a basic skills test on their computers near Customer Services. Then they take you back to their offices and you sit in one of the Team Leaders offices. First the lower supervisor for the position comes in and interviews you, behavioral questions. Then the boss of the group I was applying for, the Executive Team Lead, came in and gave me similar questions. Then if they like your interview a member of HR will go in and offer you a job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked in a team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You're given a set salary and also a $1 differential for working early.

Distribution Center Manager Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mainfreight in August 2011.

Interview Details – Corporate HR person call exactly at the time we mutually agreed upon. She was very cordial and easy to talk to. She asked basic interview questions. However, she never asked me to tell her about myself, which I thought was odd and really wanted to do (as an initial sell). She explained what I could expect for the rest of the application process and the timeline. Unfortunately, I recieved an e-mail several days later indicating they were considering other candidates and I was not one of them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult task and how you dealth with it.   Answer Question
  • If I were to contact your current employer, what do you thing he or she would say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
  • What is a weakness you have?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Group Leader
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mainfreight in March 2010.

Interview Details – Performed phone interview followed by 3 panel interviews. Also had to complete a skills assesment online

Interview Question – What are you weakest at?   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mainfreight in July 2009.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a Target recruiter who saw my resume posted on Career Builder. During the initial call, she setup a time for a 30 minute phone interview for a few days later. Basic questions about my past work experiences mixed with some basic leadership questions. Then she setup an onsite interview appointment for the following week. In the meanwhile I took an hour long online skills test (basic math, reasoning and personality). The onsite consisted of a plant tour, then 4 panel interviews with a different team each time (about 30 minutes each). Behavioral questions ruled the day. Overall, positive experience. I think they are very proud of their "culture" and will likely favor those with less experience so that other corporate cultures don't sneak in.

Interview Question – With your experience, why do you want to go back to frontline supervision?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Group Leader Interview

Group Leader
Shafter, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mainfreight in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview w/ Recruiter. 2. Online Skills / Personality Test 3. Three on Site Interviews w/ GM & Senior Mgt. 4. Drug Test. 5. Offer

Interview Question – All Questions are Behavior / Experience Based   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero Negotiation

Team Leader Interview

Lugoff, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mainfreight in January 2010.

Interview Details – It seemed to be a good group of people. Our initial communications were through their HR recruiters in Minneapolis, MN. There were two phone interviews. Then, a 100 quest. aptitude test, which is about the best I can describe it. It wasn't a Meyer's-Briggs, more like a few personality type questions, word/math problems and some situational stuff. The on-site interview was 3 different groups of 2. The benefits are good but that's about the only thing. Lugoff is in the middle of nowhere, the work schedules are terrible and it seems like they are continuously battling moderate to high turnover on the shop floor. This seems to be making life tough on front line supervision. Upward mobility seems difficult as well unless you want to move to Minnesota.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you "had" to form a relationship with a co-worker outside of work, to get something accomplished at work.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mainfreight

Worked for Mainfreight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mainfreight interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mainfreight employees and interview candidates.