Major League Baseball Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Major League Baseball

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy interview process. Simple and to the point. Felt no pressure. A lot of talk about baseball. Very laid back process, just like the company (which is great!).

Summer Interview

Interview

Great interview experience, general questions asked like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for MLB and things like that. Was a very laid back interview and made me feel comfortable about working In New York and for Major League Baseball. Overall, the interview experience was a great one for me!

Producer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical questions over the phone. Interviewer was in production.. and was extremely condescending because I was a woman. I think he assumed that due to my gender I knew nothing about baseball. Overall it was a very dissapointing experience. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Interview Questions

• do you watch baseball? do you know about players? who they are, etc. what sort of experience do you have?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

You will start with emails and phone call to their internal recruiter. From there it's one or more technical phone screens. The onsite process is to meet with someone from HR - it's not clear what this person is looking for other than that you are a "person" and can speak. After that it's one group after another - different developers with different backgrounds. Some very helpful and will answer questions about what they do, how they do it, talk about the company both pros and cons - others will have a major ego trip that you will have to deal with and will have an attitude with you immediately as they walk in the door. Overall they will make a decision quick and you'll be able to tell if you're in or not. They tell you at the beginning when you arrive how many interview sessions you will have and if you get to "the end" and you have not had the number of interview sessions you were told then you are out. I had one more session to go after spending four hours onsite and while waiting for this last session there was a very long wait where I was sitting in a small conference room doing nothing. Then someone comes in and says "okay we're done." They obviously huddle and make a decision during your sessions to cut-off the process if they feel you're not worth it. Unfortunately, like many interview cases, I think the one person who feels negative about you has more clout than anyone else so you have to impress every single person to be considered. Despite the negatives during this interview it seems like a great place to work. One of the few places that I have interviewed at where I did not get an offer but really wished I had.

Interview Questions

• Write a quick app in front of two developers for a basic calendar app. Architect a system where this app would be used.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Interview

One interview, and I related well to everything they were trying to achieve. My work history and the direction I wanted to move was exactly on par with where they wanted the position to go. I explained some short term and long term goals of myself and potential coworkers as well as my personal longterm goals.

Interview Questions

• A couple of questions about how to handle certain situations and how to manage equipment and personnel.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applie online for top 3 departments that I wanted to work in. One interview in person with three members of the Finance department. Very nice people. All had questions for me. Received offer about two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Questions about your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. 1. Pre-Screening 2. Phone Interview with would be supervisor 3. Video interview with two other members of the department asking questions on what you would do in certain situations. Process started very late in the school year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Typically long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Working in sports is a privilege, you get what they offer.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball in April 2008.

Interview

Called in for a 1:1 interview.