Make-A-Wish Foundation

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Services Interview

Program Services

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Interview Details – Got a phone call the day after I applied and we set up a Skype interview. Interview went really smoothly. Didn't ask really any behavioral questions, it was more conversation based and they were very detailed on the job description. They sounded really positive and reacted well to all of my answers.

Interview Question – Tell us about an interesting course you took in college or high school   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in May 2014.

Interview Details – The person viewed other candidates then call me for interview. She asked me questions get to know me and look at my portfolio. She seemed like she like my art, gave good comments.

Interview Question – What projects you like more.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation

Interview Details – Applied online for the marketing internship at make a wish, phoenix. Got an email within a week to schedule a phone interview. Pretty standard questions. Got to schedule an in person interview right after the phone interview. The in person interview was very conversational. Seems to be a great work environment. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you found very challenging   Answer Question

Wish Coordinator Interview

Wish Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Interview Details – I applied and was sent an email with supplemental questions. Then I got an interview at the office

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Internship Interview

Finance and Accounting Internship
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through my University's job search portal (resume and cover letter) and received an email requesting a phone interview within a few hours of applying. We scheduled the phone interview for the following week- behavior questions but also general get to know you questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to come to their office in Atlanta for an in-person interview. The in person interview was brief and behavioral. I did not receive an offer until 8 weeks later via email.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a job or volunteer experience that you would never do again"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took 8 weeks to hear back, which was upsetting at first- I was probably a second choice candidate.

Very Easy Interview

Wish Coordinator Interview

Wish Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Interview Details – I submitted my required documents via email. A few days later, I was emailed back asking when I could go in to the office to talk more about the position. The interview did not feel like an interview, in a good way. The interviewer gave excellent feedback, seemed extremely interested in what I had to say, and made me feel comfortable. It was just like having a conversation with someone.

I was told that I would have to wait a few weeks for their final say. However, the interviewer did tell me to feel free to email them asking if I was still being considered for the position and I would be given an honest answer. I'm am currently still waiting but the site insisted that I give an answer to their "did you get an offer" question.

Overall, I had a very positive interview experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you experienced a conflict and how you handled it.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Interview Details – phone interview then 2nd interview then got hired after 2nd interview. First interview was with 1 person, 2nd interview was with 2 people. One worked behind the scenes in the company, the other hands on with the families and the make a wish child. It was very laid back and each of the interviewees switched off asking generic interview questions

Interview Question – What is your life motto   Answer Question

Interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation

Interview Details – Interview was only with one person. She asked me basic questions. The hardest question was asking me if I would be able to complete tasks on a timely manner and if I thought it would be better to just volunteer.

Interview Question – What was your most recent challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Events Manager Interview

Events Manager
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in November 2009.

Interview Details – I started out as an intern with the foundation. A few months after my internship was over, they contacted me to see if I would be interested in covering for an employee during maternity leave. When I arrived for the interview, they asked if I would be interested in the Admin. Assistant position instead. The rest is history!

Donor Care Interview

Donor Care
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in April 2011.

Interview Details – Panel interview and spoke 1:1 with various members of the organization. lots of questions, but also lots of opportunity to talk to other people.
good experience overall. they are a nice group.

Interview Question – describe a time when you had a difficult situation to deal with   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Make-A-Wish Foundation

Worked for Make-A-Wish Foundation? Contribute to the Community!