Make-A-Wish Foundation

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I saw the Summer Intern posting online and applied via e-mail. About a month later, I was contacted by MAW staff and asked to come in for an interview with the Communications team. Maybe two weeks after the interview took place, I was contacted by a different set of MAW staff members asking me to come in and interview for the Intern position with the Wish Team. I was unable to come in person for this one (because I had returned to school post-break) so we carried out the interview via Skype.

I received a final verdict from the Wish Team shortly after - I had received the position! I never ended up hearing back from the Communications team, which I thought was odd at the time, but hey, everything works out for a reason I guess!

Interview Questions
    The internship is unpaid, so there's no negotiation.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I happened to meet the CFO by chance at an unrelated event. I had an interview with him that went exceptionally well. I was called back for a second interview to meet with the accounting coordinator, head of wish granting, and COO. The COO was uninviting, insulting, and incredibly rude. She turned my interview into a 20 minute lecture about Make-A-Wish's mission is the most important thing because I mentioned something about how the job could further my own career. It sounded like I was interviewing for a cult.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary. I was asked what I know about Make-A-Wish, why I chose a career in accounting, etc.   View Answer

Program Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Got a phone call the day after I applied and we set up a Skype interview. Interview went really smoothly. Didn't ask really any behavioral questions, it was more conversation based and they were very detailed on the job description. They sounded really positive and reacted well to all of my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an interesting course you took in college or high school   Answer Question

Data Entry & Gift Processing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in July 2014.

I initially applied online through email. After about a week, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was then asked to come in for an in person interview. The person interviewing was very nice. The interview went well and I was asked typical behavioral questions and specifics towards the actual job. She was very informative and kept me up to date with the whole process. Overall was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in May 2014.

The person viewed other candidates then call me for interview. She asked me questions get to know me and look at my portfolio. She seemed like she like my art, gave good comments.

Marketing Intern Interview

Applied online for the marketing internship at make a wish, phoenix. Got an email within a week to schedule a phone interview. Pretty standard questions. Got to schedule an in person interview right after the phone interview. The in person interview was very conversational. Seems to be a great work environment. Still waiting to hear back.

Wish Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I applied and was sent an email with supplemental questions. Then I got an interview at the office

Wish Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I submitted my required documents via email. A few days later, I was emailed back asking when I could go in to the office to talk more about the position. The interview did not feel like an interview, in a good way. The interviewer gave excellent feedback, seemed extremely interested in what I had to say, and made me feel comfortable. It was just like having a conversation with someone.

I was told that I would have to wait a few weeks for their final say. However, the interviewer did tell me to feel free to email them asking if I was still being considered for the position and I would be given an honest answer. I'm am currently still waiting but the site insisted that I give an answer to their "did you get an offer" question.

Overall, I had a very positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you experienced a conflict and how you handled it.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

phone interview then 2nd interview then got hired after 2nd interview. First interview was with 1 person, 2nd interview was with 2 people. One worked behind the scenes in the company, the other hands on with the families and the make a wish child. It was very laid back and each of the interviewees switched off asking generic interview questions

Intern Interview

Interview was only with one person. She asked me basic questions. The hardest question was asking me if I would be able to complete tasks on a timely manner and if I thought it would be better to just volunteer.

none