Make-A-Wish Foundation

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.6

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I was interviewed first by phone then brought in for an in person interview with the manager. My next interview was five hours long. There was no need for the interview to be this lengthy. I met with six different groups of two to three people. Each interview lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. I was also asked to produce a writing sample which I was given during the time I was supposed to have lunch. During lunch, when I was writing the sample the Human Resources department went out to lunch to celebrate on of the teams upcoming wedding. It wasn't a good day for them to conduct interviews because they were not focused at all.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was how to find candidates which is a typical question for a recruiting position. The questions were not very difficult.   Answer Question

IT Interview

I have applied through job search site and got email to schedule a phone interview interview. It wasn't hard. All questions are behavioral questions. Should know about the company's background and also try to express your interest in working with a NGO.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't hard. All questions are behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Special Events Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly, and the call was laid back. Questions were very standard. The call as 45 minutes total, and the interviewer was very upfront about how many other candidates were selected.

Interview Questions
    • If you could only tell me one thing about yourself, what would you want me to know?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Initial communications were great with the hiring manager. Went in for an interview for an internship and really learned a lot about the company and position. Very amicable employees, good experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was how do i think i could stimulate more foundation donations   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I saw the Summer Intern posting online and applied via e-mail. About a month later, I was contacted by MAW staff and asked to come in for an interview with the Communications team. Maybe two weeks after the interview took place, I was contacted by a different set of MAW staff members asking me to come in and interview for the Intern position with the Wish Team. I was unable to come in person for this one (because I had returned to school post-break) so we carried out the interview via Skype.

I received a final verdict from the Wish Team shortly after - I had received the position! I never ended up hearing back from the Communications team, which I thought was odd at the time, but hey, everything works out for a reason I guess!

Interview Questions
    The internship is unpaid, so there's no negotiation.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I happened to meet the CFO by chance at an unrelated event. I had an interview with him that went exceptionally well. I was called back for a second interview to meet with the accounting coordinator, head of wish granting, and COO. The COO was uninviting, insulting, and incredibly rude. She turned my interview into a 20 minute lecture about Make-A-Wish's mission is the most important thing because I mentioned something about how the job could further my own career. It sounded like I was interviewing for a cult.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary. I was asked what I know about Make-A-Wish, why I chose a career in accounting, etc.   View Answer

Program Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Got a phone call the day after I applied and we set up a Skype interview. Interview went really smoothly. Didn't ask really any behavioral questions, it was more conversation based and they were very detailed on the job description. They sounded really positive and reacted well to all of my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an interesting course you took in college or high school   Answer Question

Data Entry & Gift Processing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in July 2014.

I initially applied online through email. After about a week, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was then asked to come in for an in person interview. The person interviewing was very nice. The interview went well and I was asked typical behavioral questions and specifics towards the actual job. She was very informative and kept me up to date with the whole process. Overall was a great experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in May 2014.

The person viewed other candidates then call me for interview. She asked me questions get to know me and look at my portfolio. She seemed like she like my art, gave good comments.

Marketing Intern Interview

Applied online for the marketing internship at make a wish, phoenix. Got an email within a week to schedule a phone interview. Pretty standard questions. Got to schedule an in person interview right after the phone interview. The in person interview was very conversational. Seems to be a great work environment. Still waiting to hear back.