MakeMyTrip

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.1

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2014.

First two online tests, one being objective on programming concepts and next being a coding challenge. Further Shortlisted candidates were invited for an Interview Drive at Pune.

Experience- Highly unprofessional. At first they never mention in mail what all documents to bring along while attending. Next they charged 40 rs for 4 page resume print, since it was done by the Hotel where they were conducting this drive today i.e 2nd Nov 2014. ( I mean i never even imagined such thing at any interview process for any company). Next they gave us "WAITER SLIPS" literally to write down 4 problems and then solve them. Those waiter slips were hardly equal to a Samsung Smartphone, also they told us questions verbally without mentioning detail. Reason being they had very few print outs of questions and since hotel was charging them and candidates for ANY print out, they preferred to speak verbally. ( WOW, imagine if you are asked to write a code to create hashSet, without mentioning any detail or conditions).

Totally frustrated and disappointed i came out of the interview process, because if they can not treat future possible employees well ont the day of interview itself, then can't hope anything worth after getting employed. MMT has a great name, i am a loyal CUSTOMER of it, have travelled so many places using it's packages including my honeymoon trip, But here while recruiting it was highly unprofessional. I just want that Guys be aware before choosing MMT as your employer.
    HR name was Gaurav something.

Interview Questions
    • To write down problems and their solutions on "waiter slips" at Hotel premised( Interview process venue).
      To charge 40 rs for print outs of resume. ( or 10 rs per page)

Answer Question

There must be an option of telling "Declined interview process in between"

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2014.

Got through a consultancy and asked for a F2F interview after cv got selected. Even for 5 yrs exp candidate they ask for coding. Like write a code to check prime number, Consumer Producer problem,etc. The interview took place in a hotel and there were 10-12 candidates. I faced some questions on Java and Spring. The questions were fine. Not very difficult. Had a bad experience that the person interviewing did not know the answer correctly how Spring works. That led to an argument and I did not get selected.

Interview Questions
    • Some coding on typical scenarios like some recursive function, threading issues   Answer Question

Senior ≪ A Class= Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2014.

First online coding was there which has 1 coding question and 15 objective questions. After that they called us for f2f where written test was there but it was just waste of time as they were not seeing that it was just because people were more for interview so they wanted them to be busy. Interviewer was not cooperative he assumed that whatever you have in resume you are proficient in that and that's how he was eliminating technologies. He started asking about spring session which i said i am working on stateless application, after that spring context and also gave one demo application to write in MVC and he went somewhere and came back after 20 minutes. He was so curious about salary he said why do you want to join i told that it's because of location and he said its not a valid reason. Also he said what if we give you same salary as your current company. may be he was out of mind. Than he asked some more questions he didn't even touch core java. Just asked why we declare getter and setters. I think process was not bad may be the worst one in my entire professional life.

Interview Questions
    • What if we give same salary which you are getting in your company?   View Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in October 2014.

Written test Followed by Face to face interviews.

Interview At MakeMyTrip-

1. a. How does android send data between activities.
    1. b. How to handle long tasks in android without bloacking UI thread. Show all approached u know of.
    1. c. How to support different resolution device?
    1. d. What is intent resolution? how do you define ur component to support implicit intent resolution.

2. Given an array of size n, the array contains numbers in range from 0 to n-1 where n is a positive integer. Find the repeating numbers in this array in O(n) time and O(1) extra space approach.

3. binary tree is given with 0,1 as each node. You are given an integer, check if its binary representation is present from root to leaf. Assume root as MSB of integer. write a recursive method with integer as argument.

4. Let’s say that you have 25 horses, and you want to pick the fastest 3 horses out of those 25. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time because there are only 5 tracks. What is the minimum number of races required to find the 3 fastest horses without using a stopwatch?

Interview Questions
    • I could not clear the written test as I did not study data structures for last 2 years   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First round was an online test consisting of questions on c & c++ and aptitude.There were 5 coding questions and it had very little time. Next round was coding round in which 3 ques were to be coded. It was an online test . Afte this interviews taken. Simple coding questions were asked.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in September 2014.

There are basically 5 rounds
    1) Online written exam, which includes 15 MCQ and one program.
    2) A written test at MMYT ofc. Consisted on 6 questions with 2 programs.
    3) Technical F2F
    4) Technical F2F
    5) HR

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy like hashmap implementation, sets, arrays but the interviewer came with some preformed notion. He was either not interested in listening or he was interviewing a person with wrong profile. Although he was well dressed but was having difficulty with communicating in English.

I am still not clear about why I was rejected. Yes, he asked about the configuration tags in spring which I didn't remember at that time and only gave a brief idea how it's processed. May be this was the reason.

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MakeMyTrip in September 2014.

Campus Interview.
    About 100 students applied for this and total 9 were hired for both internship and full time job.
    Round 1: (Online MCQs)
    Questions on aptitude, English, logical reasoning, C/C++ and 5 coding ques. (only pseudo code).
    Round 2: (Online Coding Round)
    There were 3 questions to be done in 60 min. out of which 2 were relatively easy. Your code must compile otherwise they will not consider it.
    Round 3: (Technical Interview)
    • A brief intro of yourself and discussion on projects.
    • Questions on OOPS (polymorphism, overriding, overloading, inheritance, concept of virtual fxns etc.)
    • Some questions on linked list and arrays.

Round 4: (Technical Interview)
    • Questions from bit-wise operators and data structures.

Round 5: (HR Interview)
    A quick intro
    Discussion on my projects
    Questions on strengths, weakness and hobbies.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a link list. Design a data structure for a seminar room.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in June 2014.

Stupid interview process. For a person having a exp of 5 years , he has to undergo a written test. If you fail the test, they wont judge you by your technical skills

Interview Questions
    • Mathematics subjective questions and paper based programs that would take a long time to analyse. For 6 positions there were 70 people   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at MakeMyTrip in June 2014.

1st round: even for 4+ years experience , they had a written round first
    paper compromised of 3 parts:(time duration 1 hr)
    1. Android question:
    - write code snippet to transfer data bw activity using intent.
    -how to perform operation on different thread.
    -how to support multiple resolution devices.
    -how to implement caching in android.

2.Data structure:
    - find max contiguous sum array.
    -reverse a list code
    - a binary tree comprising of only 0 and 1 given. A decimal number given as Input. check whether its binary equivalent is present in tree.

3. a basic puzzle question ..easy one

2nd round (technical F2F)
    -since my android written was good, they didnt ask much on android except Meta data and AIDL
    -write a code to find intersection of link list.
    -convert BST to DLL
    - In a BST , given root node, an index of some node and a value d .
    Find all the nodes at distance d from indexed node.

3rd (Technical F2F)
    This guy was mainly asking question on java and little bit of design part.
    given a client server model, how do u seggregate a client response at server side to call different servlets.

They shortlisted and called me again after a week for managerial round .

Interview Questions
    • client server model related question was not very clear
      he wanted to know how to seggregate the request from client
      and aggregate back the reponse message.

View Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in May 2014.

I got a call from makemytrip and then took their online test. after 5 days i got a call that i have cleared that test and i am to attend the F2F round after 20 days. THe F2F interviewer was speaking in hindi and had no experience of interviewing. He was using his cellphone to find interview questions and was not able to get me.

Interview Questions
    • Illogical data structure questions i.e implementation of a list   Answer Question
    • Can we block a .js file from being downloading in a jsp?   Answer Question