MakeMyTrip Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in February 2015.

I found the process so poor that I am here to add a review for the first time during my entire career. So its more about interviewer Mr. Vikas. First round of MakeMyTrip was about coding where I felt like wasting an hour because he din't even look at what I had written. During interview he asked me to write a code to reverse linked list. Meanwhile he started interviewing another guy also which was quite disturbing to me. Then he asked me whether its done and without looking into the code or asking for any logic he asked me to write another code and went outside to chit chat with his friends which was also weird. They were making lot of noise and it didn't look like an interview place. It seemed like they were here just to waste their as well as our time. Post this he asked me to leave.
    So my only question to MakeMyTrip recruitment team is that you could keep those 2 questions only which were required to clear the interview. There was no need of those 3 questions which wasted an hour of mine and you didn't even look at.
    1 unique thing I noticed about him was that he kept asking questions to everyone in Hindi. Man, seriously, is this the culture of MakeMyTrip?

I felt these guys need to be trained properly before sending here to interview candidates. And if you guys were really running short of time, there are other ways also to improve it. like reducing number of candidates or increasing number of panels.

And at last, the funniest part was when he told me, "Its OK, sometimes your luck does not favor you!"

Interview Questions
    • Written :
      1. Implement a cache of Generic Type which can contain key and value(Both of Generic type). Write methods to get, add and delete elements from cache. If an element is not accessed for more than 10 mins, remove it from the cache.
      2. Reverse words of a string without using extra space. Ex. "MMT is great company" should become "company great is MMT".
      3. Implement question 2 using recursion.
      4. You have a sorted array of numbers, e.g. 1,1,1,1,1...,4,4,4,4,4,4....,8,8,8,8,8,8.... You have to return list of unique digits if total number unique digits is maximum 1000 and total number is minimum 1 Billion.

Interview:
      1. He was interviewing someone else when I entered the room and I could not figure out whom was he asking me or that other guy. So he basically asked 1-2 simple collection problems for which he wanted the other guy to code.
      2. Code to reverse a linked list.
      3. Find the count of words in a document and sort them by count.

Online Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MakeMyTrip.

Resume screening-online test-Comparison of MMT with other travelling online players-3 rounds of interview including one round with HR, one round with Manager and one Round is general which is taken by an employee/ manager there to know every thing about you which you mention in your CV

Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip.

No relevant questions asked. They were asking OOPS definition to a development manager which we generally ask in a fresher interview. I expected a discussion around my project experience or a discussion about the design and architecture of the systems. There was no single question asked on performance, scalability, design of any web application or web site.

Interview Questions
    • Asking definitions about OOPS and syntax. For ex - What is the syntax of invoking garbage collector. I have given the answer but actually this was unexpected to ask from a development manager.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2014.

Got through a consultancy and asked for a F2F interview after cv got selected. Even for 5 yrs exp candidate they ask for coding. Like write a code to check prime number, Consumer Producer problem,etc. The interview took place in a hotel and there were 10-12 candidates. I faced some questions on Java and Spring. The questions were fine. Not very difficult. Had a bad experience that the person interviewing did not know the answer correctly how Spring works. That led to an argument and I did not get selected.

Interview Questions
    • Some coding on typical scenarios like some recursive function, threading issues   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2014.

First two online tests, one being objective on programming concepts and next being a coding challenge. Further Shortlisted candidates were invited for an Interview Drive at Pune.

Experience- Highly unprofessional. At first they never mention in mail what all documents to bring along while attending. Next they charged 40 rs for 4 page resume print, since it was done by the Hotel where they were conducting this drive today i.e 2nd Nov 2014. ( I mean i never even imagined such thing at any interview process for any company). Next they gave us "WAITER SLIPS" literally to write down 4 problems and then solve them. Those waiter slips were hardly equal to a Samsung Smartphone, also they told us questions verbally without mentioning detail. Reason being they had very few print outs of questions and since hotel was charging them and candidates for ANY print out, they preferred to speak verbally. ( WOW, imagine if you are asked to write a code to create hashSet, without mentioning any detail or conditions).

Totally frustrated and disappointed i came out of the interview process, because if they can not treat future possible employees well ont the day of interview itself, then can't hope anything worth after getting employed. MMT has a great name, i am a loyal CUSTOMER of it, have travelled so many places using it's packages including my honeymoon trip, But here while recruiting it was highly unprofessional. I just want that Guys be aware before choosing MMT as your employer.
    HR name was Gaurav something.

Interview Questions
    • To write down problems and their solutions on "waiter slips" at Hotel premised( Interview process venue).
      To charge 40 rs for print outs of resume. ( or 10 rs per page)

Answer Question

There must be an option of telling "Declined interview process in between"

Senior ≪ A Class= Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (Brazil)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2014.

First online coding was there which has 1 coding question and 15 objective questions. After that they called us for f2f where written test was there but it was just waste of time as they were not seeing that it was just because people were more for interview so they wanted them to be busy. Interviewer was not cooperative he assumed that whatever you have in resume you are proficient in that and that's how he was eliminating technologies. He started asking about spring session which i said i am working on stateless application, after that spring context and also gave one demo application to write in MVC and he went somewhere and came back after 20 minutes. He was so curious about salary he said why do you want to join i told that it's because of location and he said its not a valid reason. Also he said what if we give you same salary as your current company. may be he was out of mind. Than he asked some more questions he didn't even touch core java. Just asked why we declare getter and setters. I think process was not bad may be the worst one in my entire professional life.

Interview Questions
    • What if we give same salary which you are getting in your company?   View Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in October 2014.

Written test Followed by Face to face interviews.

Interview At MakeMyTrip-

1. a. How does android send data between activities.
    1. b. How to handle long tasks in android without bloacking UI thread. Show all approached u know of.
    1. c. How to support different resolution device?
    1. d. What is intent resolution? how do you define ur component to support implicit intent resolution.

2. Given an array of size n, the array contains numbers in range from 0 to n-1 where n is a positive integer. Find the repeating numbers in this array in O(n) time and O(1) extra space approach.

3. binary tree is given with 0,1 as each node. You are given an integer, check if its binary representation is present from root to leaf. Assume root as MSB of integer. write a recursive method with integer as argument.

4. Let’s say that you have 25 horses, and you want to pick the fastest 3 horses out of those 25. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time because there are only 5 tracks. What is the minimum number of races required to find the 3 fastest horses without using a stopwatch?

Interview Questions
    • I could not clear the written test as I did not study data structures for last 2 years   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First round was an online test consisting of questions on c & c++ and aptitude.There were 5 coding questions and it had very little time. Next round was coding round in which 3 ques were to be coded. It was an online test . Afte this interviews taken. Simple coding questions were asked.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in September 2014.

There are basically 5 rounds
    1) Online written exam, which includes 15 MCQ and one program.
    2) A written test at MMYT ofc. Consisted on 6 questions with 2 programs.
    3) Technical F2F
    4) Technical F2F
    5) HR

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy like hashmap implementation, sets, arrays but the interviewer came with some preformed notion. He was either not interested in listening or he was interviewing a person with wrong profile. Although he was well dressed but was having difficulty with communicating in English.

I am still not clear about why I was rejected. Yes, he asked about the configuration tags in spring which I didn't remember at that time and only gave a brief idea how it's processed. May be this was the reason.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MakeMyTrip in September 2014.

Campus Interview.
    About 100 students applied for this and total 9 were hired for both internship and full time job.
    Round 1: (Online MCQs)
    Questions on aptitude, English, logical reasoning, C/C++ and 5 coding ques. (only pseudo code).
    Round 2: (Online Coding Round)
    There were 3 questions to be done in 60 min. out of which 2 were relatively easy. Your code must compile otherwise they will not consider it.
    Round 3: (Technical Interview)
    • A brief intro of yourself and discussion on projects.
    • Questions on OOPS (polymorphism, overriding, overloading, inheritance, concept of virtual fxns etc.)
    • Some questions on linked list and arrays.

Round 4: (Technical Interview)
    • Questions from bit-wise operators and data structures.

Round 5: (HR Interview)
    A quick intro
    Discussion on my projects
    Questions on strengths, weakness and hobbies.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a link list. Design a data structure for a seminar room.   Answer Question