MakeMyTrip Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Automation Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a bad experience. It seemed like the interviwer was not even interested since he just kept replying to his emails while the interview was going on. I applied for QTP but no question was asked on it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was 5 rounds of interview process all are technical + manager. The interviewer was leaving no chance to show his attitude. He was more interested in providing upfront feedback and was making faces when i was answering his questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. create LRU cache in Java. 2. define your own ConcurrentHashMap 3. Write Singleton class.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Attended MMT Interview in Bangalore (SSE - Aug 2014 & TL - 28 June) for Gurgaon Location. Since I attended interview twice I think I can give a generalized review:- 1. Problem Solving:- The only good thing about the MMT interview is they look for problem solving skills. 2. Not Open to New approaches to problem - Both the time the interviewer has ready made answer to the problems in his laptop which he was constantly looking. Any answer which differs from their approach will not accepted. 3. Like others have said already,if you can't give him answers to his satisfaction you get stuck on the same question. 4. Un-Professional & Judgmental Attitude - Both the time he was attending calls, Calling his friends, walking out in between interview and was not at all listening any answer properly. After all this I decided to walk out and not attend any further interview @MMT. But hope MMT will improve in near future. Suggestions to MMT:- 1. You ask candidate candidate to solve problems but be open to new answers as well. Also, interviewers asks same question to everybody(that day), many candidates knows the answer from someone who have just attended the interview (I have seen this). 2. Be Professional. 3. If you are willing to hire good people give them a real world problem. The problems you ask have no relation with any problem you solve in real life. I would suggest look for the approach of the candidate given a scenario, that will help you to judge candidate's ability better. Advice to the appearing Candidate:- 1. Practice Algorithm & Problem solving from (geeksforgeeks you'll find all their questions & answers there). 2. They look for low time complexity solutions.

Online Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Delhi (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Online Advertisement on internshala.com. applications opened in May 2015. 156 applicants out of which 2 were finally selected(including me) Only students of prestigious engineering institutes like IITs, DTU and NSIT were considered (the other intern is from NSIT). CV shortlisting was the criterion for interview selection. HR contacted and setup interview time and date. Telephonic Interview was the last stage before final selection.

Interview Questions

• What is the value of the honeymoon market in India ?   1 Answer
    • What filters would you use on an online medicine selling website   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

They were interviewing in a hotel in Bangalore. 5 rounds of interview. 1 written test, 3 technical face to face and 1 HR round. The questions were mostly on algorithms, data structures and problem solving. They asked many puzzles. I cleared all the rounds. Then the HR told you will have 1 telephonic discussion with the CTO and the hiring process will be cleared within the week. Next day I got a mail to submit my documents and after that I didn't her from them for more than a week. Then I mailed the HR and he told I will have a discussion with CTO which never happened. After few days the mailed that they could not offer me because I do not meet the demands of the position. If this was the case, this should have been told during the face to face discussion. Even during HR round, the HR told me that He could have given me more than what I asked but I didn't ask, so he won't. After all this discussion, the excuse they made was a lame one.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to print 1 to n with one in sequence with one thread printing even numbers and second thread printing odd numbers.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

went to company interview started after 1 hour of what was scheduled. 1. Had a 30 min written paper. had easy scenarios to answer. 2. Had face to face after clearing the written exam. had 20 mins of short interview. looked as if they already had decided not to select me.

Interview Questions

• questions were on selenium rc vs webdriver, how testng annotations work, how rest work, I was not able to answer standard sql join question which every other comany ask otherwise very basic questions anyone can answer. he wanted to ask me on soap but i never worked on soap   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Wengerwatsan scheduled interview process. Got call letters from them only. It took 1 complete day. All rounds were same technical rounds.each round was >=1 hour. They ask to write a lot of programs and check approach and time complexity rather then answer.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 : Technical Writter : 1. Write a java program to print numbers from 1 to 10 using 2 threads. Thread 1 should print odd and thread 2 should print Even numbers. 2. Write a program to find duplicate elements in an array In O(n) time using O(1) extra step. 3. A Company is having a number is cyber cafe. Many customer visit cyber cafe and number if computers are limited. If customer don't find available computer then he leave. You have given a function with 2 arguments : 1 number of computers, 1 : a string with pairs. 1st occurrence of alphabet indicate start of customer and second occurrence indicate end. Only 1 person can use a computer at a time. Return count of customers who left cafe without using computer so that company can improve process. example : process(1, ABAB) : should return 1 as only 1 computer is there that is occupied by A when B comes. process(2,ABACBCDD) : should return 0 as all customer A,B,C, D are able to use Cafe. process(3, ABCDCDEFEFA) : should return 2 as D and F could use computer. Round 2 : Technical 1. Internal working of hashmap. 2. How String work in string pool. 3. Difference between String str = "abc" and String str = new String("abc") 4. Some outputs. 5. Complexity for some codes. He wrote code and asked Complexity. 6. You are concern about insert order of element in Map. Which Map you will use? I told LinkedHashMap. then He asked why and why we use thi. Why we don't use HashMap? I explained internal working. 7. why String is immutable? What the need. What do you think, why we need? 8. What is synchronization. Why we use? what to do if i dont want synchronization for some variables. Round 3 : Technical 1. Write a program to reverse a linked list. 2. Write a program to print mirror image of a tree. I printed partial and swaped left subtree and right subtree. He then asked to print full mirror image. rightmost node of right subtree should be leftmost node of left subtree and so on. 3. Some Question on Spring Core, Spring Security. Spring MVC. Dependency Injection, Scope of Singleton Object. 4. Is Spring Singleton object is same as Singleton we create in java. 5. What are the way to create Singleton. I told eager and lazy. He asked to write Code for Thread Safe Singleton. I wrote Lazy Singleton. We then discussed Synchronization on this. 6. Internal of Hashmap and Complexity. 7. What change we should do in custom class if we want to use custom object as key. Hashcode and equals. 8. What is contract between hashcode and equals. Round 4 : MR : Technical :( 1. He asked about 1 of my project. 2. There are some site tiniurl. If you paste any url on their site they will compress it and give you a short link which you can send in emails or post on twitter or facebook. If use click on that url then it redirect you to original site url. How you will implement in your project. We discussion a lot of approach. 3. Given a String oriStr aaaaabcbcdefdefdefghgh and a compressed string cstr a4bc3def3gh2 for prev string. Given a function with 2 arguments cstr and index. print char at this index from oriStr. I told if you have compression algo then you might have decompression algo that should be using reverse engineering. He told ok but I dont want to decompress as i might have billons of alphabets in string. Then I observed cstr and gave solution. He asked to code and it took a lot of time. He gave hint and I was able to write program. It was final round and He asked to wait outside. Later HR came and asked to leave for the day. ! HR told then we wil contact after 2 day. But I could read his face well. Got rejected here. May be l did program but took more time then expected. Hope it will help you.   Answer Question

Android Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was too bad they don't have knowledge how to take interview of a 5+ exp guy,at 5+ exp they will ask you to do some java puzzle programmes...

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

Interview

Interview took place in a hotel for CoreJava/J2EE. 1 written round (algorithms/ problem solving), 2 technical rounds(algorithms/ Java Concepts/ Solution Design) , 1 HR. All the interviewers were cool and gave lot of opportunity to answer. It was almost like a discussion rather than interview. If anything you say does not work the way they think in JDK they will immediately look up the JDK implementation to counter you.(They have lappy handy).

Interview Questions

• Written Round : 1. 3 theory base Android Questions. 2. Given array with numbers from 0 to n-1, any number repeating any number of times, print repeated elements in O(n) time and O(1) space. 3. Print numbers from 1 to 10 using 2 threads in sequential order. 4. Lengthy problem statement. Design the solution and write the code implementation.(something related to occupancy of computers/ how many computers to be added in the cyber cafe so that number of people leaving the cafe without getting a computer to be minimized) 1st round: 1. Java conceptual questions on Strings etc. 2. Production ready code writing for Immutable class, Singleton and designing a web app. 3. Spring transaction management and other related workings/concepts. 4. Puzzle 5. logic based question and the approach/solution (how to reach from point A to B with minimum time/distance covered) 2nd Round : 1. Reversal of string words and not letters. 2. Designing a High Level requirement faced by the interviewer in his current position and in his team.(took almost an hour to convince him about my design; lot of why's and why not's, lot of scenario handling) 3. Writing class diagrams for the solution   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

phonce call from HR asking for compensation interests etc, Telephonic call from HR explaining job profile and how it is to be done. my manager interviewing on interest and logical reasoning. Nothing tough as such, but you need to be able to connect with travel industry like experience or should have travelled a bit

Interview Questions

• related to OTA industry. SWOT of competitors,analytics   Answer Question