MakeMyTrip Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

3.2

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in October 2014.

Written test Followed by Face to face interviews.

Interview At MakeMyTrip-

1. a. How does android send data between activities.
    1. b. How to handle long tasks in android without bloacking UI thread. Show all approached u know of.
    1. c. How to support different resolution device?
    1. d. What is intent resolution? how do you define ur component to support implicit intent resolution.

2. Given an array of size n, the array contains numbers in range from 0 to n-1 where n is a positive integer. Find the repeating numbers in this array in O(n) time and O(1) extra space approach.

3. binary tree is given with 0,1 as each node. You are given an integer, check if its binary representation is present from root to leaf. Assume root as MSB of integer. write a recursive method with integer as argument.

4. Let’s say that you have 25 horses, and you want to pick the fastest 3 horses out of those 25. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time because there are only 5 tracks. What is the minimum number of races required to find the 3 fastest horses without using a stopwatch?

Interview Questions
    • I could not clear the written test as I did not study data structures for last 2 years   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First round was an online test consisting of questions on c & c++ and aptitude.There were 5 coding questions and it had very little time. Next round was coding round in which 3 ques were to be coded. It was an online test . Afte this interviews taken. Simple coding questions were asked.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in September 2014.

There are basically 5 rounds
    1) Online written exam, which includes 15 MCQ and one program.
    2) A written test at MMYT ofc. Consisted on 6 questions with 2 programs.
    3) Technical F2F
    4) Technical F2F
    5) HR

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy like hashmap implementation, sets, arrays but the interviewer came with some preformed notion. He was either not interested in listening or he was interviewing a person with wrong profile. Although he was well dressed but was having difficulty with communicating in English.

I am still not clear about why I was rejected. Yes, he asked about the configuration tags in spring which I didn't remember at that time and only gave a brief idea how it's processed. May be this was the reason.
        Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in June 2014.

Stupid interview process. For a person having a exp of 5 years , he has to undergo a written test. If you fail the test, they wont judge you by your technical skills

Interview Questions
    • Mathematics subjective questions and paper based programs that would take a long time to analyse. For 6 positions there were 70 people   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at MakeMyTrip in June 2014.

1st round: even for 4+ years experience , they had a written round first
    paper compromised of 3 parts:(time duration 1 hr)
    1. Android question:
    - write code snippet to transfer data bw activity using intent.
    -how to perform operation on different thread.
    -how to support multiple resolution devices.
    -how to implement caching in android.

2.Data structure:
    - find max contiguous sum array.
    -reverse a list code
    - a binary tree comprising of only 0 and 1 given. A decimal number given as Input. check whether its binary equivalent is present in tree.

3. a basic puzzle question ..easy one

2nd round (technical F2F)
    -since my android written was good, they didnt ask much on android except Meta data and AIDL
    -write a code to find intersection of link list.
    -convert BST to DLL
    - In a BST , given root node, an index of some node and a value d .
    Find all the nodes at distance d from indexed node.

3rd (Technical F2F)
    This guy was mainly asking question on java and little bit of design part.
    given a client server model, how do u seggregate a client response at server side to call different servlets.

They shortlisted and called me again after a week for managerial round .

Interview Questions
    • client server model related question was not very clear
      he wanted to know how to seggregate the request from client
      and aggregate back the reponse message.
        View Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in May 2014.

I got a call from makemytrip and then took their online test. after 5 days i got a call that i have cleared that test and i am to attend the F2F round after 20 days. THe F2F interviewer was speaking in hindi and had no experience of interviewing. He was using his cellphone to find interview questions and was not able to get me.

Interview Questions
    • Illogical data structure questions i.e implementation of a list   Answer Question
    • Can we block a .js file from being downloading in a jsp?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MakeMyTrip.

applied as a fresher here. had 3 tech rounds and 1 HR round. was asked questions on favorite subject (data structures), database, unix, basic testing terms and aptitude

Interview Questions
    • aptitude questions are always tricky. if you have heard/seen/done it before, you are lucky enought   Answer Question
    as a fresher did not have much to negotiate.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2013.

I applied through MMT site and got a call within 2 days. HR was apprehensive about my expected salary, but I was ready to negotiate. He called me for interview when they were having a drive on a weekend. I had 2 interviews. One with a Lead, and the other with the Domain Head

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of difficult questions. One was of designing the flights page for them. no matter what I said, the domain head never seemed to be convinced. He asked in detail about backend and frontend.
      Other question was implementing a GSON class, finding maximum points in x-y co-ordinates which fall on a line

The first guy was cool. He was looking more at the approach than the actual answers. The Domain Head made me wait for an hour before he joined office. He was continuously yawning on my face during the entire interview, and was talking in a rude tone all the time
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in October 2013.

Written Test mostly coding question and 15 MCQs ,Interview Round(2 technical and 1 HR)

Java Developer(Fresher) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MakeMyTrip in September 2013.

It had 2-3 rounds one was online which comprises of technical and aptitude questions(from home location only).
    If one clears it then they will call for technical interview.
    Now the catch I was being called for interview and interview was not been conducted (@gurgaon HQ).their were around 10-12 candidates and they collected resumes from all of us and called one by one on random basis.Each interview was for 10-20 minutes.When the last 4 candidates were left(I was among them).They called 4 of us together gave a terrible Question and 15 min time to solve that.Then abruptly they came after 5 minutes and said time over and collected our sheets.we were waiting for our results(in our case interview was conducted like a bad joke).We were waiting from 1PM to 6 Pm and they said Go home we will inform you.
    Highly unprofessional and partial