Makerbot Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

The interview process consisted of preliminary phone interview. Subsequently an in person interview with several managers. The process was very discombobulated and poorly scheduled. I received another call where the would be manager kept asking me why I should be hired. It felt that the interview was a trial for the future since the role was then filled internally. I had to wait for a response while having a pending offer from another firm. I never received a reply after informing of the competing offer. For candidates that spend their time interviewing professional courtesy dictates that at least you follow up. Even Goldman Sachs will follows up regardless of outcome.

Productor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

The interview process was not on the stressful side. The process was easy and organic. As an interviewee, you get a full tour around the whole headquarters of Makerbot and the interview is more on a friendly-get-to-know-you format with some added info on the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked questions about my background, interests, skill sets, and my interest in the company.   Answer Question

Sales Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager who was nice and easy-going. He has pursuit for passion instead of just working and passing time. I thought the interview went well, but then after about 2 weeks recruiter from the company sent me email asking me to call and I did, but no one answered the phone. I sent 2 emails back to the recruiter asking abt it and haven't received anything back. I would love to work there but the process is confusing and eventually not hired for reasons I don't know

Interview Questions

• Understanding of MakerBot and 3D printing.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

painless planning. The interview was fine. Need to really show enthusiasm for sales. Have a good story. If you don't want to do sales then don't bother. Good people it seems. Not too high pressure more a get to know you.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

It was straightforward. They asked about my experience with QA. They asked about my experience with programming. They did a little testing of my programming skills in Python on a piece of papers. They presented a situation where I have to come up with black box and white box testing.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Like all Makerbot positions, you had to apply online. Application is quick, maybe 15 minutes without doing a cover letter. Received and email from HR almost 2 months after I submitted an application. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week. Typical Project management question, job history questions. Was a generally pleasant interview which took a little over 25 minutes. And as much as I wanted to work there, I knew I wasn't going to get an offer when the HR person told me that I was part of the second round/group/wave of interviewees and the Process Manager was already doing face to face interviews with other applicants. We were just back ups...

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

It was a pretty decent interview process.Applied because my professor advised me too.Out of all my friends that applied I was the only person that got a phone interview.After my phone interview, I was invited for an on-site interview.My interview was in the open office which had other employees having meetings as I was being interviewed.I absolutely loved the office atmosphere though and I wanted nothing more but to work then so I was pretty crushed when I didn't get the job.Looking back now,I realized it wasn't for me and I'm glad I got an internship better suited for me.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing particularly difficult.I was interviewed on phone and on-site be people in the finance department so I was a bit at ease with them   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Makerbot in June 2014.

Interview

Fill out app on web site, they respond with time to talk for phone interview. Spoke with Training Manager. She was pleasant and is a 3D modeling teacher at a nearby school.

Interview Questions

• Has anything ever NOT worked out for you?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot in May 2014.

Interview

I thought after reading previous reviews that I was walking into trouble but when I asked my interviewer about the reviews, sh reassured me that a lot of management had changed and things had cleaned up. I'm sorry to say it turned out to be a total mess. 1st interview was via phone w/ would be director. Standard walk me through your resume. 2nd interview I came in for but HR told me they set the wrong day. WTF 1/2 day wasted. 2nd interview, take two - group interview with 6 employees from sales and marketing. Slightly nerve-racking because of format. Was told at the end of the interview that they would bring me in for 3rd interview. 3rd interview - I had to fly in specifically for this. Received email upon landing that HR wanted to reschedule because they had a new employee they wanted me to meet the following week. I responded that I preferred closing the process. I didnt get a final response until I was at the Starbucks next door preparing for the interview - Marketbot insisted I come back another time... WTF 3rd interview try two - cancelled work travel to accommodate their timeline. Four 30 min interviews. First interviewer 20 min late. Grabs a random person that is walking down the hall and hasnt seen my resume to continue the interview. Then interview 2 overlaps. At end of interview 2, interviewer asks who Im meeting with next. Head of the department (key person I needed to meet that day). "Oh ______ isn't even in today. Yeah, he's travelling". WTF x2. Interview 4 with HR. Am told I may have to come back to meet head of department, that I would hear back in 1-2 weeks. One month later I get response that I'm not chosen for role. Overall impressions. Generally sharp cohort of employees. I liked my would-be director. HR dept completely over their heads. Questionable whether organization as a whole is as lost - head of dept being on travel for final interview that was basically to meet with him raises serious concerns.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I've applied through the website. After some I've received an email scheduling the phone interview. After two weeks I've received e-mail notification that they still consider my application and after that I haven't heard from them any update.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Java and C.   1 Answer