Makerbot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

It's horrible interview process!! I've got a phone interview, asked several questions, the engineer told me everything's fine, but they only hire citizens. I got the idea, thinking it's the end. However, the funny thing was that HR told me they were still interview other candidates, no feedback to me. Even more, after several months, almost forgot it, I got another letter from HR, saying unfortunately they had hired another one. How Ridiculous!!! I went over the reviews from employers, feeling so lucky didn't step into this horrible company.

Production Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Makerbot.

Submitted an online application and never received any notification back. I don't know if that counts as a "rejection" or if they blatantly ignored me.

Interview Questions
    • There was no question because Makerbot never even reached out to me!   Answer Question

QA Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Makerbot.

Applied online and got a phone call interview. Was expecting a technical phone interview, but was asked mostly availability and 3D printing expertise. Invited for an in-person interview. Talked to 5 engineers. Asked to describe previous projects. The whole process took about 2 weeks. Was offered another in-person interview with HR, but after a few days got offer letter instead.

Interview Questions
    • The only programming question that was asked was, write a function to generate the nth prime.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Makerbot in January 2014.

Met w/ a few members of management in various departments. Discussed future company plans and how I envision myself contributing. Very friendly employees, young atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What's one thing you hate doing but you're really good at?   View Answer

Salary was too low.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Makerbot.

No transparency in the interview process. The job descriptions are not well defined. No response even after following up a number a times after the interview. After a number of emails and phone calls, they responded back as if they are interested and moving to the next step in the process. Again no information whatsoever after that..had to follow up a number of times over phone and email.
    Answering all the questions in the interview was not enough and not even sure what they are expecting/looking for.

Full Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Makerbot in June 2012.

Interview process was decent, but misleading. I would not have taken the job if it was described accurately

No negotiations, take your offer or leave

"Open House" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Makerbot in March 2013.

The company advertised a "job fair" at their offices to meet with applicants for about 50 open positions simultaneously. I sent in a resume and mentioned a couple job titles I was interested in ahead of time. Their recruiter emailed me back a few days later telling me what time to arrive and the name and title of a person I would be meeting with.

I spoke with the interviewer for 15-20 minutes, at a temporary station in an open space near the reception desk. Several other interviews were taking place to either side of us.

Fairly basic interview questions. I had not been informed what position(s) I was being considered for, but I got the impression from the interviewer he was considering me for a job I had not mentioned on my list. Overall I didn't feel like the format was an effective way for the company to learn about candidates, or vice versa.

After a couple of followup emails the recruiter was able to confirm to me that an offer would not be extended.

Productor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Makerbot.

I received a call shortly after applying. There was not much of a hiring process. Went in to speak with the person running the production area and a few days later was asked to come in for training.

Unclear Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Makerbot.

This company is a total mess. I applied for a position during the hiring fair. When I got there, I was shuttled to a table to speak with someone (not the person I'd been told I'd meet) who had no idea who I was and who had never seen my resume. She acted bored the entire time, staring off and barely asking me questions. We talked about a position that wasn't the one I'd been brought in for, but it still sounded interesting to me. The only thing I said that caught her attention was when I told her about another job I'd interviewed for (when she asked, point blank, where else I'd applied - a question I think should be illegal). She told me that my other job possibility was her dream job and that I should take that job (!?!?).

I was called in for a second interview for a third position, and a few things were clear right from the get-go: one, the company is a total mess, and they know it; and two, the position I was interviewing for was dead-end (when I asked what the promotion possibility was for the position, the interviewer snapped at me and said there was none - she said that initially, overqualified people had joined MakerBot at entry level positions to get a foot in the door and be promoted, but "that won't be happening anymore").

I also met with someone else during the interview, and that person was lovely - a long time employee and definitely someone I'd like to work with. He seemed positive about my application, but I had a rejection email about an hour later.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you sure you're interested in this position?" (asked five times during the 20 minute interview)   View Answer

Material Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Makerbot in April 2013.

After submitting a resume, was encouraged to attend an Open House interview. It was a very quick process and felt like speed dating - maybe 10 minutes of talking to a manager who hadn't even read my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Very little technical questions/discussion - the interviewer was more interested in gauging my interest in having to coordinate between different sites and engineering teams.   Answer Question

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!