Makerbot Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.7

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

The interview process consisted of preliminary phone interview. Subsequently an in person interview with several managers. The process was very discombobulated and poorly scheduled. I received another call where the would be manager kept asking me why I should be hired. It felt that the interview was a trial for the future since the role was then filled internally. I had to wait for a response while having a pending offer from another firm. I never received a reply after informing of the competing offer. For candidates that spend their time interviewing professional courtesy dictates that at least you follow up. Even Goldman Sachs will follows up regardless of outcome.

Productor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

The interview process was not on the stressful side. The process was easy and organic. As an interviewee, you get a full tour around the whole headquarters of Makerbot and the interview is more on a friendly-get-to-know-you format with some added info on the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked questions about my background, interests, skill sets, and my interest in the company.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a short process. First they test you on how quickly you can build then after they begin the interview. They hire you right on the spot. After accepting the offer, you receive an e mail from HR telling you when to come for orientation and the documents you need to bring along with what you have to complete. The whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiations

Sales Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager who was nice and easy-going. He has pursuit for passion instead of just working and passing time. I thought the interview went well, but then after about 2 weeks recruiter from the company sent me email asking me to call and I did, but no one answered the phone. I sent 2 emails back to the recruiter asking abt it and haven't received anything back. I would love to work there but the process is confusing and eventually not hired for reasons I don't know

Interview Questions

• Understanding of MakerBot and 3D printing.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Like all Makerbot positions, you had to apply online. Application is quick, maybe 15 minutes without doing a cover letter. Received and email from HR almost 2 months after I submitted an application. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week. Typical Project management question, job history questions. Was a generally pleasant interview which took a little over 25 minutes. And as much as I wanted to work there, I knew I wasn't going to get an offer when the HR person told me that I was part of the second round/group/wave of interviewees and the Process Manager was already doing face to face interviews with other applicants. We were just back ups...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

painless planning. The interview was fine. Need to really show enthusiasm for sales. Have a good story. If you don't want to do sales then don't bother. Good people it seems. Not too high pressure more a get to know you.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

It was straightforward. They asked about my experience with QA. They asked about my experience with programming. They did a little testing of my programming skills in Python on a piece of papers. They presented a situation where I have to come up with black box and white box testing.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

Very easy very quick ... applied online had a phone interview with in 24hrs ... in person interview a day later offer that day ... whole this took 3 days max.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you hate doing but still have to do everyday   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Makerbot in June 2014.

Interview

Fill out app on web site, they respond with time to talk for phone interview. Spoke with Training Manager. She was pleasant and is a 3D modeling teacher at a nearby school.

Interview Questions

• Has anything ever NOT worked out for you?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I've applied through the website. After some I've received an email scheduling the phone interview. After two weeks I've received e-mail notification that they still consider my application and after that I haven't heard from them any update.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Java and C.   1 Answer