Makosi

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Makosi in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was easy and straight forward. I was contacted by an Associate at Makosi after applying for a position located through Indeed.com. The Associate and I had a phone interview where we discussed my skill set and experience as a Business Analyst as well as what type of position I was seeking. In addition, she outlined what Makosi does, who their clients are, as well as the benefits they offer to their employees such as training, etc.... The Associate was very pleasant, professional, and easy to talk to. I was advised that my profile would be reviewed by the director and I would be contacted at a later date if they felt I was the right fit. The impression I got is that they interview not only seeking candidates to work for their client's, but as representatives of Makosi. I luckily had mentioned that I would be in town the following week and available for a face to face meeting should a decision be made to continue potential employment discussions. I was contacted to come in for an interview and was able to meet with another associate as well as the Director. I found the interviews to be both comfortable and challenging at the same time. My understanding of Business analysis skills and tools were definitely questioned, but as they should be. The Director explained how they review potential candidates as a team before moving forward to send their profiles to their clients. It is clear that they take this process very seriously and will not just hire any consultants. This process alone demonstrated how Makosi has come to be a leading consulting services provider for financial service institutions and investment banks in the New York area. Makosi's commitment to their clients as well as the furtherance of their employees would make me proud to say I worked for them. I was happy to hear back in a short time that I would be a good candidate for some available positions.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain the specific difference between a use case and a case diagram. Although, I was able to describe the details of a use case and am familiar with the term case diagram, I was not able to give a specific answer without being able to refer to the BABOK guide. As a result I had to state that I did not know and asked for a clarification.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Makosi? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Makosi Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Makosi employees and interview candidates.