Makosi

Makosi Interview Questions

3.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Makosi.

Great structure and process. Not as smooth as non-management consultancies but that is understandable. The questions were direct and smart. A mix of personality, critical thinking, and sharpness should be demonstrated.

Interview Questions
    • What is the process to address a regulatory exam that results in below average results for standards?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Makosi in September 2013.

Applied through Indeed.com. Received a call from HR person. Interview over the phone and then 1:1 in New York office. Promised a call in two weeks to follow up. It has been 5 weeks and still waiting. They do not answer to follow up emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • The HR person has not knowledge of the actual position and just reads the descriptions to see if the resume matches the profile. They try to sell the "Makosi does project" business line the whole process.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Makosi in June 2013.

Referred by a friend. Initially conducted a phone interview which consisted mainly of understanding the company's background and followed up with a face-to-face. Questions ranged from past experience with project management software applications (i.e. Microsoft Project, SAP, etc.) to the process of actually managing a project from start to finish.

Overall was a positive experience - the HR manager is very personable and it's apparent he's keen on finding the right people for their roles.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions really, although I was asked to describe the difference b/w a risk and an issue   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Makosi in September 2012.

The interview process was easy and straight forward. I was contacted by an Associate at Makosi after applying for a position located through Indeed.com. The Associate and I had a phone interview where we discussed my skill set and experience as a Business Analyst as well as what type of position I was seeking. In addition, she outlined what Makosi does, who their clients are, as well as the benefits they offer to their employees such as training, etc.... The Associate was very pleasant, professional, and easy to talk to. I was advised that my profile would be reviewed by the director and I would be contacted at a later date if they felt I was the right fit. The impression I got is that they interview not only seeking candidates to work for their client's, but as representatives of Makosi. I luckily had mentioned that I would be in town the following week and available for a face to face meeting should a decision be made to continue potential employment discussions. I was contacted to come in for an interview and was able to meet with another associate as well as the Director. I found the interviews to be both comfortable and challenging at the same time. My understanding of Business analysis skills and tools were definitely questioned, but as they should be. The Director explained how they review potential candidates as a team before moving forward to send their profiles to their clients. It is clear that they take this process very seriously and will not just hire any consultants. This process alone demonstrated how Makosi has come to be a leading consulting services provider for financial service institutions and investment banks in the New York area. Makosi's commitment to their clients as well as the furtherance of their employees would make me proud to say I worked for them. I was happy to hear back in a short time that I would be a good candidate for some available positions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain the specific difference between a use case and a case diagram. Although, I was able to describe the details of a use case and am familiar with the term case diagram, I was not able to give a specific answer without being able to refer to the BABOK guide. As a result I had to state that I did not know and asked for a clarification.   View Answer

Audit Senior Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Makosi.

A very thorough and intensive three stage interview process after passing the application step. Two interviews are conducted internally and one with the final round being with upper management at one of the firms clients. Once your candidacy has been screened and you are successful in the interviews, the hiring process is relatively quick depending from which part of the world you come from i.e. visas might need to be considered. The On-boarding HR is very professional and they communicate any necessary information very quickly.

Quick, fair and reasonable.

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Makosi in January 2012.

Very selective about who they hire.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage people who have more experience then you?   View Answer
    • What are your three biggest weaknesses   View Answer