Malcolm Pirnie

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.7

Engineer Interview

Spoke with company recruiter and discussed my experience. We then set up a face to face interview with the hiring managers. Met with senior engineers and managers a couple of times and went over what the company does and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions involving where you see yourself in 3+ years and 5+ years.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Malcolm Pirnie in February 2008.

I was contacted by phone through a contact at MP, went in for a full day interview with several people, however I was never contacted by anyone after that. The interview seemed to go very well, and I thought it would become an offer, but was surpised to never be contacted even for a thank you.

Environmental Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Malcolm Pirnie in November 2010.

Malcolm Pirnie placement recruiter interviewed me for 30 minutes. Relatively nice, but seemed overworked. Interview consisted of basic questions: "Why do you want to work here", "Talk me through your resume", etc. I followed up, but never heard anything back from the recruiter as to results of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were standard and straightforward.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Malcolm Pirnie in February 2010.

My interview process was different from the usually because I met the recruiters at an engineering eweek event and they invited me to visit their office. When I went to the office visit, they showed me around each department and took me out for lunch. After the office visit they offered me an internship

Environmental Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Malcolm Pirnie in November 2009.

Had to attend an info session first the day before the interview. Not so informational, more of a Q & A open discussion. Pretty sure the look for the friendliest face who asks the most questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were challenged in a group setting   Answer Question

S Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Malcolm Pirnie in July 2009.

Everything was professional and pleasant. Everyone slightly distracted due to the potential sale of the firm to a larger international firm. Much ambiguity as to how this would impact job opportunities moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • How is your immediate past work experience relevant to succeeding in the current business and competitive environments that the firm participates in? How would you fit in and why should you be here?   Answer Question