Man Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014

Graduate Programmer Interview

Interview

Two rounds. First one is easy on the phone. Second is a superday with eight interviews of 15 mins, numerical and verbal shl tests, and a 1h group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Everything was asked. Be prepared it is a very comprehensive and stressful process.   Answer Question

Developer Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Man Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

Had to present myself to people in Switzerland via Video conference

Interview Questions

• Multiple technology and domain knowledge experience of financial industry   1 Answer
    • Remote Phone questions over Video conferences   1 Answer

Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Arranged by a recruiter, I had three 1:1 interviews with Man AHL. The first one with the head of fixed income. Questions are about number estimations, solving simple equations, binary search algorithm etc; the second one was with a guy from asset management. 1/3 questions about cv and competency; 1/3 questions about the basics of financial markets (what is future, option, volatility); 1/3 brain teasers (estimate the length of equator); the last one was with a technical guy. He prepared to ask me questions on python and time series. As I know neither of them, the interview finished quite soon. I could answer the mathematical and competency questions but failed to impress in business/practical discussion as they told me I was doing my own calculation. No offer, but great lesson.

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Core java questions, focussing on understandings of different data structures and jvm internals. Questions included differences between ArrayList, LinkedList and choices for using each as well as financial questions on derivatives markets and commodities.

Product and Client Intern Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews

Interview Questions

• What do you think is a sound strategy to change our current corporate structure to improve performance?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The first round is a telephone interview with the HR from Man group. It lasts about 50 minutes.
    General competency based interview questions related to teamwork, problem solving skills, adaptability, executing skills, business knowledge about Man group. Make sure that you have researched the company and known the business. Also, make sure you have enough examples with details that you can use in case that the hr may want to further explore the example.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when you give your teammate constructive feedbacks?   Answer Question
    • describe a situation when you need to control a project budget?   Answer Question

Quant Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Man Group in October 2011.

Interview

1 HR Phone interview, 1 technical phone interview, afternoon of face to face interviews with 2 quants. Reasonably friendly environment, very plush offices, first interview was conversational on the subject of my phd research, and the second interviewer attempted to test me on the technical areas of expertise which I had highlighted on my cv, along with my understanding of portfolio optimisation.

Interview Questions

• You have $1m dollars. If you had to place a bet on crude oil futures today, which way would you bet?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Man Group in October 2009.

Interview

I had my first interview with HR then math test and final interview with 2 sales

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they made me an offer and I accepted