Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Man InvestmentsMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Man Investments (New York, NY) in May 2011.
I was contacted by the supervisor for the position via email and a phone interview was scheduled for the following day. The role was to replace an outgoing employee and the supervisor was eager to find a replacement. The phone interview was fairly brief and primarily a screening to see if the candidate meets basic requirements.
The first in-person set of interviews was scheduled for the following day. It consisted of 4 interviews each with a person related to the role. Most questions were basic and related to relevant experience. Most employees conducting interviews were not management but peers to the position.
The second set of in-person interviews, the following week, again consisted of 4 rounds of in-person or teleconference interviews. Most interviewers were management level. The first round consisted of financial/technical financial terms, theories and definitions. It also involved puzzle type IQ questions. The second round consisted of questions related to product knowledge. The third was with a senior sales professional and the final with an HR representative.
A few days later references were requested and following that an offer letter was mailed (along with all other forms/documentation).
- A scenario was given in which a person is presented with 9 balls and a two-arm scale. The person is told that all balls are the same weight with the exception of one. What is the smallest number of iterations that person needs to be certain of identifying the heavier ball? 1 Answer
- Definitions of Sharpe Ratio, and Sortion Ratio. Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
it was pleasantly organised. both interviewer were pleasant. No trickty questions asked. Actually they spend more time talking about the job then asking me question. all in all very pleasant and not stressful.
- there was noting difficult asked Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Man Investments (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.
Submitted application/CV to an ad placed by external recruiter.
Got a call from recruiter within a week.
First phone interview with technical person / team lead within 10 days.
Invited for face to face interview withn 12 days
Interviewed by Team lead / PM and Architect that I was suppose to replace + Senior developer.
Got an offer within 3 weeks of the application
- Specialty question regarding how indexing and search is performed in documents Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Man Investments (Zürich (Switzerland)) in July 2010.
Applied online. Got a call from HR soon thereafter scheduling a phone interview. This was followed by an HR interview a few days later and then a face to face. Rejected because of work permit issues. All interviews were mostly personality/fit assessment type questions. A bit of background and general ability questions but very little in the way of technical questions. Very professionally done and genuinely pleasant people.
- What do you expect from your manager. 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Man Investments in October 2008.
Interview about finance theory and statistics. Very detailed questions about different statistical distributions and properties.
- What statistical distribution has a kurtosis of higher than 3? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review