Management Sciences for Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Contract Officer Interview

Senior Contract Officer

Interviewed at Management Sciences for Health

Interview Details – I applied online, got a phone interview, then was flown to Boston to be interviewed in person, and did a written test. I met with a lot of people. Some individuals and some in groups.

Interview Question – "What do you think of the Red Sox"?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated more salary

Cambridge, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HR then later had an in person interview with a panel of 2 people over Skype and then interviewed with one more person. At this point it seemed pretty clear that I had the job so it was more of a discussion. I began working within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Business Development Specialist
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact after employee referral for position. A screening document was sent ahead of the phone interview to gauge interest and experience in field. Phone screening was brief and to the point. Was mainly to get background information and direction of interest. ASked about salary preferences.

Interview Question – Straight forward questions - nothing tricky!   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Officer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview Details – MSH likes conducting interviews in groups and there are usually two or three rounds of group interviews. Many of the questions are to find out if you are a going to be a good fit with the group of people you would closely work with. Follow-ups and next steps are slow because usually only one person can make the decision and they might be out on vacation or on TDY.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun outside of work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't allow for much negotiation. You were just told what the salary was and when you try to negotiate, you were told that the salary is the market rate for that position.

Senior Project Officer Interview

Senior Project Officer

Interviewed at Management Sciences for Health

Interview Details – I had an informational interview with an employee before the job was posted. Once the job was posted I sent my resume to the same employee, who then forwarded my information to HR. I was brought in for an in-person interview, and was offered the job shortly after. The interview consisted of a 3-person panel, and I was asked basic questions plus a question in French.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You need to negotiate hard with MSH. They will try to screw you over if you are shy about asking for more money. Ask for more until they state you have reached the cap.

Project Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online, received a phone call from HR to schedule an in person interview. Met with 4 people on the team I would be working with. Had a 2nd follow up interview via Skype with Finance Director who was unavailable at the time

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, strengths and weaknesses, how do you prioritize, how familiar are you with excel, tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR will negotiate based on what your last job salary is and say that they are trying to maintain internal equity. Very important to negotiate, since once you are in it is very difficult to increase your salary further

Intern Interview

Intern
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was emailed about coming in for an interview, set one up, and came in. The interview was one on one, very straightforward, and easy going. I was excited to work there and felt the interview went well but really couldn't tell either way until I got the offer a week later.

Interview Question – None, all of it was expected questions I've heard before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked about a possible stipend for travel expenses since the internship is unpaid and I'm working two jobs (in addition to school) to pay for this experience but it was denied.

Communications Associate Interview

Communications Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviews with project director, communications staff and regional director for overseas position.

Interview Question – How would you describe your management style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were slow with very little communication from the recruiter until it suddenly got very rushed and urgent, but negotiations were not very difficult in the end. The junior recruiter without much experience was not very polite or pleasant to work with. Under other circumstances, the recruiter would have put me off and I may have declined the offer.

Project Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter within a day of submitting my CV, followed by a second phone interview with a member of the technical team that was hiring. Next week was the in person interview in their VA offices. I met with the same recruiter who had contacted me initially and then met both a junior and senior member of the technical team. They were very nice, walked me through all details of the position, and asked fairly standard questions about my experience and interests. Nothing tricky or unexpected. Lots of questions were expanding upon the experiences referenced in my CV and giving examples.

Interview Question – Describe a situation at work where it has been difficult to work as a member of a team.   Answer Question

Project Officer Interview

Project Officer
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview Details – I applied for many positions with MSH and never heard any response. I connected with a current employee who is a fellow alumnus of my graduate school, and got a response from the next job for which I applied.

I was called in for a personal interview in the Arlington-based office. I had a video conference call with an HR rep based in Connecticut and then interview with the project team in person. The interviews went very well and everyone was very personable.

I also had one hour to complete a budget assessment.

Interview Question – I can't remember a particularly difficult question. I remember there was no, "What are your weaknesses?" But they expected me to sell myself for the job.   Answer Question

Worked for Management Sciences for Health? Contribute to the Community!