Management Sciences for Health

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.9

Senior Contract Officer Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, then was flown to Boston to be interviewed in person, and did a written test. I met with a lot of people. Some individuals and some in groups.

I negotiated more salary

Officer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

MSH likes conducting interviews in groups and there are usually two or three rounds of group interviews. Many of the questions are to find out if you are a going to be a good fit with the group of people you would closely work with. Follow-ups and next steps are slow because usually only one person can make the decision and they might be out on vacation or on TDY.

Interview Questions
    Didn't allow for much negotiation. You were just told what the salary was and when you try to negotiate, you were told that the salary is the market rate for that position.

Senior Project Officer Interview

I had an informational interview with an employee before the job was posted. Once the job was posted I sent my resume to the same employee, who then forwarded my information to HR. I was brought in for an in-person interview, and was offered the job shortly after. The interview consisted of a 3-person panel, and I was asked basic questions plus a question in French.

Interview Questions
    You need to negotiate hard with MSH. They will try to screw you over if you are shy about asking for more money. Ask for more until they state you have reached the cap.

Project Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Submitted my application online, received a phone call from HR to schedule an in person interview. Met with 4 people on the team I would be working with. Had a 2nd follow up interview via Skype with Finance Director who was unavailable at the time

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, strengths and weaknesses, how do you prioritize, how familiar are you with excel, tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person, how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    HR will negotiate based on what your last job salary is and say that they are trying to maintain internal equity. Very important to negotiate, since once you are in it is very difficult to increase your salary further

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in November 2013.

I had a phone interview with HR then later had an in person interview with a panel of 2 people over Skype and then interviewed with one more person. At this point it seemed pretty clear that I had the job so it was more of a discussion. I began working within 2 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health in August 2013.

I was emailed about coming in for an interview, set one up, and came in. The interview was one on one, very straightforward, and easy going. I was excited to work there and felt the interview went well but really couldn't tell either way until I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • None, all of it was expected questions I've heard before.   Answer Question
    I asked about a possible stipend for travel expenses since the internship is unpaid and I'm working two jobs (in addition to school) to pay for this experience but it was denied.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health in July 2013.

Initial contact after employee referral for position. A screening document was sent ahead of the phone interview to gauge interest and experience in field. Phone screening was brief and to the point. Was mainly to get background information and direction of interest. ASked about salary preferences.

Project Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter within a day of submitting my CV, followed by a second phone interview with a member of the technical team that was hiring. Next week was the in person interview in their VA offices. I met with the same recruiter who had contacted me initially and then met both a junior and senior member of the technical team. They were very nice, walked me through all details of the position, and asked fairly standard questions about my experience and interests. Nothing tricky or unexpected. Lots of questions were expanding upon the experiences referenced in my CV and giving examples.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation at work where it has been difficult to work as a member of a team.   Answer Question

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

I applied for many positions with MSH and never heard any response. I connected with a current employee who is a fellow alumnus of my graduate school, and got a response from the next job for which I applied.

I was called in for a personal interview in the Arlington-based office. I had a video conference call with an HR rep based in Connecticut and then interview with the project team in person. The interviews went very well and everyone was very personable.

I also had one hour to complete a budget assessment.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember a particularly difficult question. I remember there was no, "What are your weaknesses?" But they expected me to sell myself for the job.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health in October 2012.

The hiring process is time consuming and cumbersome. I applied very recently for a new position and found the recruiter for this particular position to not understand the work I currently did, the work I was intending to do and where the responsibilities intersected. The hiring manager was aware of me and worked quite well to spite the lack of assistance from the recruiter. The particular recruiter, as I have found out internally, struggled to pass on my information to the manager. I had to pull from the other side. Please also note that the positions do not pay as well as the public sector, and an equivocal interview I later involved myself in offered me between 10-20k more annual salary to start.

Interview Questions
    • I have completed 75% of the tasks for the position in which I applied. The most unexpected question was repetitive inquiry as to the state of my college degree. I have worked in a related field for 4 years, the job information indicated "or equivalent work experience" which I had.   View Answer