Management Sciences for Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within two weeks of applying for a phone interview. About a week later, I was contacted for a second in-person interview. The questions for the first interview were pretty standard, while they focused more on specifics of the position during the second one. While I did not get the position, the people in the office were very friendly, and I felt very comfortable during the interview.

Senior Contract Officer Interview

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, then was flown to Boston to be interviewed in person, and did a written test. I met with a lot of people. Some individuals and some in groups.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated more salary

Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview

MSH likes conducting interviews in groups and there are usually two or three rounds of group interviews. Many of the questions are to find out if you are a going to be a good fit with the group of people you would closely work with. Follow-ups and next steps are slow because usually only one person can make the decision and they might be out on vacation or on TDY.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't allow for much negotiation. You were just told what the salary was and when you try to negotiate, you were told that the salary is the market rate for that position.

Senior Project Officer Interview

Interview

I had an informational interview with an employee before the job was posted. Once the job was posted I sent my resume to the same employee, who then forwarded my information to HR. I was brought in for an in-person interview, and was offered the job shortly after. The interview consisted of a 3-person panel, and I was asked basic questions plus a question in French.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You need to negotiate hard with MSH. They will try to screw you over if you are shy about asking for more money. Ask for more until they state you have reached the cap.

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview

Submitted my application online, received a phone call from HR to schedule an in person interview. Met with 4 people on the team I would be working with. Had a 2nd follow up interview via Skype with Finance Director who was unavailable at the time

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, strengths and weaknesses, how do you prioritize, how familiar are you with excel, tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR will negotiate based on what your last job salary is and say that they are trying to maintain internal equity. Very important to negotiate, since once you are in it is very difficult to increase your salary further

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Cambridge, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR then later had an in person interview with a panel of 2 people over Skype and then interviewed with one more person. At this point it seemed pretty clear that I had the job so it was more of a discussion. I began working within 2 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Arlington, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was emailed about coming in for an interview, set one up, and came in. The interview was one on one, very straightforward, and easy going. I was excited to work there and felt the interview went well but really couldn't tell either way until I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• None, all of it was expected questions I've heard before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked about a possible stipend for travel expenses since the internship is unpaid and I'm working two jobs (in addition to school) to pay for this experience but it was denied.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Cambridge, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial contact after employee referral for position. A screening document was sent ahead of the phone interview to gauge interest and experience in field. Phone screening was brief and to the point. Was mainly to get background information and direction of interest. ASked about salary preferences.

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter within a day of submitting my CV, followed by a second phone interview with a member of the technical team that was hiring. Next week was the in person interview in their VA offices. I met with the same recruiter who had contacted me initially and then met both a junior and senior member of the technical team. They were very nice, walked me through all details of the position, and asked fairly standard questions about my experience and interests. Nothing tricky or unexpected. Lots of questions were expanding upon the experiences referenced in my CV and giving examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at work where it has been difficult to work as a member of a team.   Answer Question

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied for many positions with MSH and never heard any response. I connected with a current employee who is a fellow alumnus of my graduate school, and got a response from the next job for which I applied.

I was called in for a personal interview in the Arlington-based office. I had a video conference call with an HR rep based in Connecticut and then interview with the project team in person. The interviews went very well and everyone was very personable.

I also had one hour to complete a budget assessment.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember a particularly difficult question. I remember there was no, "What are your weaknesses?" But they expected me to sell myself for the job.   Answer Question