Management Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.9

Assistant Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Solutions.

Interview

I applied through my university job board. A recruiter contacted me and invited me to an initial on-campus screening. The first round consists of two parts. The first part was a 20 question timed quiz consisting of mental math and data analysis problems. The mental math problems mostly test your ability to logically eliminate all the wrong answers by setting constraints (i.e. you know 2.01*2.02 must be greater than 4), the data analysis problems are mostly incredibly easy graph interpretations. This is followed by a group case in which you are asked to come up with a business plan for a given company if they were to move to your city (so for us we had Sony coming to Boston). After the first part, candidates who passed the exam and group case are asked to return in the afternoon for a behavioral interview. The second round is another behavioral interview with a manager. This was fairly easy, they talk about what they do and ask you a few questions to get an idea of your problem solving methods / capabilities. This was conducted via Skype. The final round is an interview with a partner again, via Skype. This is really just conversational. In my case, the partner barely said anything or asked anything and simply informed me that I had an offer. Like someone mentioned before, if you have made it to this stage, you are in the clear.

Interview Questions

• Sony wants to start a line of business Boston. Come up with a strategy for this line of business, identify costs, constraints, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not too much room to negotiate.

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Management Solutions.

Interview

Process took 4 weeks first round is math test second round is hr head interview third round is manager interview The interview is average, no special questions beyond ur expectation, everthing is about your resume and just be prepared and you are fine

Business Consultant Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by their human resources rep from Spain via Skype. He asked about myself, why i applied for this position, why this company etc. The interview lasted for about 45 min.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Management Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

They collected my resume from my school's career fair and called me to set up an interview only 3 days later. The interview was a group interview with 6 other students. We were teleconferencing with HR in their Madrid office, and they gave us a case study to solve within 15 minutes, providing them a business plan for Zara's owner to open up a cafe. After the case study, we were all asked to take a math test, which was not difficult but there was not enough time at all. None of us finished. Those with Spanish backgrounds were asked to also take a Spanish test.

Interview Questions

• The owner of Zara wants to open a cafe. Create a business plan and pitch it to us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Management Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

They called me and asked me to come in for interview. The interview consisted of numerical test and group dynamic. Applicants were given 20 minutes to finish the numerical test and I do not believe anyone was able to finish. The group dynamic consisted of working with 7 others to develop and propose a business plan for the owner of Zara to open a restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Management Solutions?   Answer Question
    • Devise a business plan for the owner of the Zara clothing line to start a restaurant chain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Management Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

The first interview was a brief scheduling process over the phone, and a few qualitative questions. The second interview began with a math aptitude test, and was followed with a group project that included finding solutions to multiple problems. The third interview was a teleconference with the Spain office and asked for transcript details. Many of the questions aimed at specific courses and grades received.

Interview Questions

• How did you term in (given term), in (given class)? What attributed to this performance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Management Solutions (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

The initial interview was a group interview with approximately 8 people. The interview consisted of a case study where we were told one of the consultants had inherited $500k or so and wanted to start his own company. We had a couple minutes to brainstorm and then had to collectively create a business plan. The next part of the group interview was a math test without a calculator. There were two more rounds, one with a local consultant and then another with a senior partner. The interview process moved very quickly. They would often call the day before and expect me to show up the next day for 1-2 hours of interviews.

Interview Questions

The salary was less than expected, they only gave me 7 days to consider it, and they took 3-4 months to get back to me. It seemed like they created a list of candidates and then went down the list giving out an offer at a time until someone accepted it. It took them quite a few months to get to me, so I'm sure they must've had many rejections.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

first maths test and groups dynamics. No calculators were allowed in the math test, and the group dynamic exercise was to come up with a business idea for a client. Small group around 4 others. After that if successful interview with hr on skype from Madrid, then with the manager and then with the partner.

Interview Questions

• how would you count how many hairs a dog has? questions about the different types of risks a commercial bank faces.   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Maths test with no calculator, do not worry if you do not do well. The group interview is much more important, make sure you speak up and work a a team member and not an individualist. Interview with HR and director was mainly personal bar a couple of more technical questions about my course (which I probably forced on myself). The final stage which I have not done consists of an interview with a partner.

Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Management Solutions in June 2015.

Interview

I was summoned to do some skill tests and a short group task. After that I had the interview with HH.RR. and partner. The most interesting interview was the one with the partner. He was very kind to me and explained how the firm started and the current projects they have.