Mandarin Oriental

2.9

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mandarin Oriental in May 2010.

6 grueling interviews before I was hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they offered that rate not up for dscussion

IRD Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mandarin Oriental in September 2011.

I contacted then in person (Walk in). I got an interview in the next week, with the Assistant Manager. Then next day with the Manager, and then with HR Manager and finnally with GM. Then I started the regular process (drug test, background, etc). After a week of training I started my job.

Interview Questions
    • None, they have the stanndard questions: tell me you experience, why would you like to work for us, etc).   Answer Question
    Very smooth, not stressful.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mandarin Oriental in May 2012.

There are three interviews in total: first with the HR coordinator, second with the department director and retail manager, and thirdly with the general manager. My first interview was set up within 24 hours of a phone call offer. I was informed that this was a rush hire, so I was ushered through two weeks of interviewing.

Attitude is very important in the interviews. They ask questions targeting brand knowledge in addition to how you've handled guest interaction in the past. The questions are tiered to be unique to each person interviewing, so your questions of the company should be similar.

Be very flexible, and get to know the company and how you fit within it.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, because their offer was much higher than my prior salary.

Director of Front Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Mandarin Oriental in May 2010.

Everyone at the Mandarin was very friendly and outgoing to me. The interview was in the human resources department. They offered me tea and cookies while i waited. The person who interviewed me was very kind and friendly. They only asked me behavioral questions like "why do you want to work at hotel" and "what makes you a good fit." Overall a very pleasant experience.

Manager, Hotel Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mandarin Oriental in December 2010.

the communication was horrible. Did not hear back from HR, not even to say someone else was selected. Not even a generic email.
    No response to emails I sent either. its for the best, first impressions are lasting impressions.

Training & Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mandarin Oriental in June 2010.

* Sending my resume via email to HR Director
    * HR Director called to set up a date for pre eliminatory phone interview
    * Phone interviewed
    During the interviewed, the HR Director was very friendly and approachable, asked me a lot of questions and gave me information regarding the company. In general it was a very good phone interviewed.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mandarin Oriental in January 2009.

Interviewed initially with two manager in the sales department, then was called back in 1 week later for anothr, even harder interview with the same two managers, then was called in over the course of the next 2 1/2 weeks to interview individually with three of the managers bosses (directors)
    then got generic letter in the mail saying no thanks basically. Terrible division, the women who run that team seem to really be full of themselves

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a team of 5 highly demanding seniors?   Answer Question

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mandarin Oriental in May 2014.

i had three interviews through phone , skype and in person it took about two weeks , everything is pretty smooth , no hard questions . they were really professional .

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

If you make it to the right department, a great place to grow

Server Interview

It is a 3-4 step process. Depending on the situation. I had 4 interviews. One with HR, then with the manager, the director, and finally the GM. The good thing is that HR is quick on letting you know if you passed to the next interview. Each interview is about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to get out of working here?   View Answer
    There is a lot of discussing of the situation and job roles and what is to be of expected of you.

Worked for Mandarin Oriental? Contribute to the Community!