Mandiant

www.mandiant.com

Mandiant Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mandiant.

Initial interview: Interviewer went over resume/experience
    2nd interview: Technical interview -- the interviewer asked elementary networking questions, such as describing the process to get a webpage and ARP, and some forensics.
    The interviewer would stop my while I was answering the question and keep clarifying my answer...even though it was right. This lowered my confidence and made me think I was wrong...but like I said, my explanation was right.

Also, it seemed as though the interviewer wanted me to answer the questions verbatim from whatever answer sheet he was reading. When I asked the interviewer questions, you could clearly hear the difference in his confidence because he was was deviating from his answer sheet...

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mandiant in August 2013.

Initial phone screening followed by a request for completion of coding exercises. Received an anonymous noreply email a couple days after submission without much explanation for what seemed amiss in my submission. My submission passed all tests provided and achieved desired functionality. I wish companies would be more specific about what they did not like so that you can improve or not make the same mistake the next time around. Candidates give up a couple days time to complete the exercises, and the reviewers cannot even spare one sentence as feedback.

Lead Incident Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mandiant in May 2013.

Very drawn out process for two interviews. First consisted of a phone interview with basic questions: ports/numbers; general hacking how to's, DNS records, user agent strings, etc. Lasted about 20 minutes. Questions were back to back. Second phone interview was with manager. Rather dry questioning with more subjective Q/A such as how would you identify traffic anomalies, etc. Waited several weeks for a canned email.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Mandiant in June 2012.

Before the interview, I was asked to provide SAT scores.

The interview was primarily technical. I was asked to explain various concepts about programming, networking, general forensics, Windows registry, and file systems, among others. They didn't expect much depth in the explanations, so I think this was to determine the breadth of the candidate's knowledge.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mandiant in April 2014.

Had an initial phone interview that asked some general experience about technologies I had used and projects I had worked on, lasted about 30 mins. Then had a follow up to complete some programming tasks in python and return within 5 days. I returned coding exercise and got a general response saying they would not be taking my application any further. I felt the coding exercise was not very well explained and was very hard to work out exactly what they required.