Manhattan Associates

Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in May 2010.

I was called by a recruiter from Manhattan Associates. After phone interview (which was not that tough) was flied to Atlanta, GA. Company representative was there to receive me and they had me booked in hotel near company head quarter. Next day I was there for interview. It took all day for interview. Was interviewed by 4 interviewer, each about an hour.

Was asked questions on Object Oriented Programming. One interviewer was for OOP, one for Database Design and two with HR.

I felt very positive but was ended up 2nd candidate if 1st one did not take a offer.

Director, Technology Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in May 2010.

1. Phone screen with internal recruiting specialist to verify interest, travel req's, career path, salary expectations, etc.
    2. Phone screen with hiring manager. V. professional conversation. Frank, detailed, knowledgeable and precise. Good responsiveness to my questions in return.
    3. In person, 1-1 interviews with key stake holders. 5 interviews in total. Extremely professional and considerate. HR organization of interviews was top-notch. Due to nature of interview, questions & discussion ranged from deep technical, systems implementation/config/integration through full sweep of product marketing strategy, sales approaches & methodology, deep specifics on supply chain best practices, through competitive landscape and financial considerations. Very thorough. V. impressive. Everyone really knew their stuff!

Mutually agreed that the role required more hands-on experience with software programming & implementation, recent HP-UX/Sun/AIX infrastructure, and direct engineering track career progression rather than evolving from business-technology mix.

Interview Questions
    • Present former application you were part of developing in your previous experience (Composite app consuming web services presentation layer JSP) to a prospective client's CTO / CIO

-- no dress rehersal - expected same polished delivery you'd need for the real sales presentation.

Answer Question
    • Explain HA/DR options for our application, pros & cons, and system resource requirements to prospective client's internal IT support staff   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in March 2010.

The interview process was very positive. I was provided with allot of information beforehand, met with key members of the staff and felt very comfortable with the questions i was asked. The environment seemed very laid back and everyone was very professional. I was also given honest answers about the process.

Interview Questions
    • What types of things will you do to find candidates?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in March 2010.

Had this interview on campus. Back to back 30 minute interviews with senior management. They are very impersonal. Don't bother with small talk, they are quite boring. Just be prepared with good stories. Basically they are there to judge you according to some pre-determing grading scale. They do ask tough questions, so be prepared for a tough behavioral interview. It seems pretty apparent that they consider consultants to be workhorses. If you just want to work somewhere where you work work work, then this seems like the place.

Interview Questions
    • If you could do 5 things well in one hour, or one thing perfectly in one hour, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a bad experience you've had at work or school.   Answer Question

The culture seems too corporate and impersonal to me.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in February 2010.

Initial phone interview with behavioral questions. Second round will be two interviews with different managers and workers. They will ask technical questions and questions that analyze your thinking for solving problems. May ask you to whiteboard something and explain a job process in full detail.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a process on the whiteboard and explain it in as much detail as possible.   Answer Question
    They offered me a base salary with bonus based on the company's performance. All of it was pretty much fixed. No wiggle room. No negotiation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in June 2009.

Recruiter contacted through linked in, phone interview and 30 min personal interview, offered job. Declined. Pointless switch laterally though more money offered so declined..

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in March 2009.

After meeting with an on-campus recruiter, I was offered a personal interview in the Atlanta office. The interview in Atlanta consisted of a brief conversation with a Human Resources representative, and a longer interview with a Senior Professional Services Consultant. I was asked about my background, my goals for the future, and to briefly explain some process in a client-friendly way.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your background can help to improve the experience of our clients.   Answer Question
    As a co-op position, there was no negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in January 2009.

Initial phone interview to screen. 2 People interviewed with basic scenario questions and a presentation question.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a system or technical process to me.   View Answer
    • Whiteboard a technical or complex concept for me.   View Answer
    depends on your experience level

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in May 2008.

I had a phone interview. Involved general questions about my experience, knowledge with UML and personality. I got a call from HR the same day letting me know that i got through the first round. I flew in the next day to atlanta. My interview lasted for 3 hours and was interviewed by 2 people. Interviewed involved more questions related to design principles. Flew back to my place. Got offer by the time i reached my destination. Immediately accepted the offer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Manhattan Associates in April 2008.

We went as a bunch of candidates from my school. We were made to solve puzzles in arithematic and English. Then there were a couple of interviews. One of them was an engineering manager and the other a product manager. Interview was analytical in nature. Passed it without much issues. I knew when I exited the interview hall that I would be offered a position. I was interviewed for the position of Associate Business Analyst.