Manhattan Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Manhattan Associates in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview to screen. 2 People interviewed with basic scenario questions and a presentation question.

Interview Questions

• Explain a system or technical process to me.   View Answer
  • Whiteboard a technical or complex concept for me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – depends on your experience level

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Manhattan Associates in November 2007.

Interview Details – 2 on campus interviews followed by onsite 2nd round interview. 2nd round includes whiteboard presentation.

Interview Question – Using the whiteboard, tell me about your senior design project.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Manhattan Associates in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initially a consultancy connected with me and asked me if I was looking for a job change. Then they asked my job details and aspiration/expectation. Then they came up with this opportunity made my interview appointment.
I had a written exam consisting of : Java, QA, Aptitude and SQL.
After Written exam I had a technical round. They questions were from the area of Selenium and Java only. Extensive XPATH questions and a little about Java. Learn XPATH properly and scenarios like dynamic properties and all.
After technical round I had a managerial round in which majorly questions from SQL and testing concepts. Be strong on basics of SQL only. That would be enough. Puzzles and Linux will also be asked. You don't need to be correct with puzzles but approach should be good.
After all this HR round will be there and will talk to you about why do you want to join and problem with current job
Discussion of expected salary and notice period etc.

Interview Question – In Aptitude round, questions were mostly from "pipes and cisterns" and train problems. In technical round XPATH questions were really good and twisty and in managerial I was not expecting questions on SQL.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was expecting more and hence I denied. Also, they had more of Manual testing but I am expecting more of automation career

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Manhattan Associates in August 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a person from some consultancy. Interviews were scheduled on a Saturday. Two technical rounds and one HR round. I must say HR round was more difficult than the technical rounds. I guess it was my day, may be the panel were in hurry or requirement was critical, the technical rounds were like walk in the park. For a moment, I even thought they are not serious.

Interview Question – All questions were easy in technical. HashMap, hierarchical query, statement vs preparedStatement, JSP implicit objects.

HR questions were good, you need to handle them carefully, it was like a hiring manager round, checking on you personality.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initially, they put my candidature on hold due to high CTC expectations. Later negotiation went fine. Thanks to the consultancy person.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Manhattan Associates in July 2014.

Interview Details – I appeared for a pooled campus through college placement. There were 5 rounds in total with average difficulty. They are:
1. Aptitute + Verbal + C + C++ ( Online Test )
2. Technical Interview ( Basic Questions )
3. Written Test at company campus ( Aptitude + Java + Verbal , bit difficult )
4. Technical Interview with experienced person ( For me, with 2 business architects )
5. HR round ( Behavioral Questions )

Interview at company campus was difficult and you need to prepare well for C++ and UNIX and few puzzles.

Interview Question – There are 10 bags with each containing 10 balls of 10 grams. But 1 bag contains defective balls each of 9 grams. You are given an electronic weighing machine. You need to use it only once and should tell in which bag the defective balls are present.   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Manhattan Associates.

Interview Details – Good process of hiring and interview divided into multiple rounds. They want to check about your work and your attitude towards learning new technologies.Written skill test followed by 3 face to face interviews and finally the HR round. The entire process took 3 weeks to complete. Fianlly got an offer after 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Difficulty level was good. Based on concepts.   Answer Question

Principal Business Analyst Interview

Principal Business Analyst

Interviewed at Manhattan Associates

Interview Details – How will you prepare requirement document ?

How do you manage time and priorities tasks? Scheduling of assignment ?

travelling sales man problem in operations research

Interview Question – travelling sales man problem in operations research   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Manhattan Associates

Interview Details – There are mostly four rounds involve in the hiring process.
1. Written (Objective and Subjective) may be for candidates only having experience less than 2 yeras.
2. Technical round
3. Managerial round
4. HR round
Mostly it will be one day process.

Interview Question – Implement HashMap   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manhattan Associates.

Interview Details – 1. Written Test
2. 2 Rounds of F2F Technical
3. Hr round
4. They issued offer with in a week

Interview Question – Nothing.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manhattan Associates.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, one over the phone and one in person at the Atlanta office. On the phone I spoke with a director and it was a pretty high level interview, nothing too difficult. In person I spoke with a senior consultant and a director separately, each for one hour. They were mostly trying to understand how good I was at communicating, solving problems, and thinking on my feet.

Interview Question – In the face to face interview I was asked how I would respond to a situation where a client offered me a gift that I wasn't allowed to accept [you are not allowed to accept gifts worth more than $30 from a client].   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, I was too young and broke and their offer seemed huge to me at the time.