Manhattan Beer Distributors

Manhattan Beer Distributors Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Manhattan Beer Distributors

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Manhattan Beer Distributors.

Its basically a three part interview process. You will interview with the sales supervisor then if he thinks your right for the job then you will interview with the sales manager. Lastly you will ultimately interview with the GSM(General sales manager) He just wants to make sure the right decision was made and if your a living breathing person willing to do the job. This job does drug test you so be prepared. This is only done when you are hired then you can do whatever you want.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you if you have a car and what kind of car you have. They will tell you how much money you should be expecting to make depending on what route you get and where. Some route make A LOT more money than others. Something that you will find out if you get the job. They will also ask you where you live just to get an idea on how far you will be from the route. If your lucky you will get a route close to where you live. Otherwise expect to drive around and put hundreds of miles on your car on a weekly basis.   Answer Question
    Its not negotiable. They make you sign a piece of paper that pretty much tells you will be getting paid 200 dollars a week as your salary and an additional 150 dollars as you "car allowance." Commission is not great especially during the slow months.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Manhattan Beer Distributors.

You must know someone to get in unless they are desperate to hire from outside. The interview is about your life experiences and how you handle challenges. After in person interview you fill out application. After the application if they want to hire you they send you immediately for drug test. You must come back to office after drug test, the longest part of process is waiting for a call back from results of drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle overcoming a difficult situation. What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all based on experience or education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manhattan Beer Distributors in May 2012.

Sat down with the Sales Manager, talked for about 1 hour. He asked about my experience in sales and with beer. We talked about other things too like hobbies, etc. On the same day as my initial interview, they asked me to go for a drug test that same afternoon. Then I came back again to interview with my potential supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Manhattan Beer?   View Answer
    No real negotiation. I was desperate for a job so I took it because the pay was great and they offered me full benefits.