Manheim

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior User Experience Visual Designer Interview

Senior User Experience Visual Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Manheim in June 2014.

Interview Details – Within a week of applying I received a call from the talent acquisition manager, the call lasted about 15 minutes and just went over the position and my resume, After this call I was scheduled for a phone interview with the Senior Manager who would be my boss if I were to get the position. The call lasted about 45 minutes and went through him telling me about his team and the position to more in-depth questions about my experience and programs I use. It became pretty clear that he was only looking for someone with previous automotive industry experience and not just a skillset. The interview as a whole from start to finish was a little cold - when the interview concluded he told me that the talent acquisition manager would follow up with me in the next few days to tell me the next steps of the process but I never heard from either again.

Interview Questions

• What would make you leave this job?   Answer Question
  • He prefaced the question with, 'You know now a'days everyone thinks they are a designer' - How would you handle a stakeholder insisting on a change to your design?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manheim in June 2012.

Interview Details – Got moved into this position, so my initial interview was for a different position. Otherwise the normal hiring stuff, drug test etc. Knowledge about the auto industry a must, and also knowledge about wholesale is a added plus as well. Cant really remember much about the questions asked, just know hat you will need prior auto industry knowledge

Interview Question – Understand how the wholesale industry works in the automotive world, sales goals and what would be expected of you, do your research about Manheim and it competitors   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Manheim in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very odd interviewing process. Appear to have gotten the position within 5 minutes of speaking with the hiring manager, then had to speak by phone with several other managers, then had to interview with a VP in the management chain.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - not skillful interviewers, in my opinion. Didn't understand the position for which they were hiring. Mainly telling about their experiences and explaining the business.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was for a lower level position than what I interviewed for, but was a small raise from my previous position, and the benefits are good.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Manheim in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an outside company who was who was being utilized by Manheim to assist in the candidate review. They were not a recruiting firm but were working as outsourced recruiters who filtered candidates and provided a recommended list back to Manheim HR. Telephone interview went very well and recruiter asked for my availability to schedule follow on interviews with Manheim HR. Never heard back from them although repeated attempts were made.

Interview Question – There are both white collar as well as blue collar employees at Manheim, would you have an issue working with both and if not why?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Manheim in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my resume out and got a response about a week later for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked basic selling questions that they say they ask all candidates. Approximately, 3 weeks later I was asked to a face to face interview with 2 people in upper management. It was an hour long interview asking me all sorts of sales questions and a run down of my career. Here is where you really have to sell yourself and be a communicator. After my interview, another 3 weeks passed and I was called for another face to face with a territory GM. Again very detailed questions regarding my skills and experience. 1 week went by and I was called and offered the job. The whole process took 2 months. They are very thorough and particular. My advise is to be prepared about knowing about the Manheim culture and what you are interviewing for.

Interview Question – What is your one favorite movie of all time? He asked me this at the very end of the interview as we were shaking hands, kind of an ambush but I think they were looking for me to think quick on my feet.

Asked many detailed sales questions like What was your greatest challenge and how did you take care of it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, The salary is the same for all. I know that they are a large company with great benefits.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and interviewed at Manheim.

Interview Details – Long time employess I was recruited years ago

Interview Question – I didn't really interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and simple

Civil Engineering Intern Interview

Civil Engineering Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manheim in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews: one with HR and one with hiring manager. Asked behavioral questions for both interviews and past experiences.

Interview Question – How did you resolve a difficult situation in a group setting.   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Manheim in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by face to face with Field Sales Mgr and the ultimately location interview with FSM and GSM.

Intern Interview

Intern
Sandy Springs, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Manheim in April 2013.

Interview Details – First was a phone call from a recruiter, after that you will speak with the hiring manager on the phone, and lastly you will meet with the hiring manager and his team.

Interview Question – I don't remember a difficult question. There really wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was compensated for my experience.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

Interviewed at Manheim

Interview Details – 2 interviews

Interview Question – Greatest strength   Answer Question

Worked for Manheim? Contribute to the Community!