Manheim

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manheim.

Interview process was very straight forward and the process was very thorough. The panel interview was the most difficult part of the process. Individually, they want to make sure your personality will work with the teams and company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about when a project you were working on went completely wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Reasonable process

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Manheim in July 2014.

Relaxed and casual but still professional. Interviewed with HR Mgr and Operations Mgr. Both were quite pleasant to interact with. The job was clearly described as were the salary, benefits, and performance expectations. Both interviewers were totally open to questions from me and answered in an obviously sincere and totally honest manner. Easy people to talk with, a total zero pressure interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was so relaxed that I never felt like I was really being asked any difficult questions. It was more like a friendly get to know each other chat. No "gotcha" type questions or mind games. Just straight forward and cordial.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation. They laid out the job and made the offer and I jumped at it.

Senior User Experience Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Manheim in June 2014.

Within a week of applying I received a call from the talent acquisition manager, the call lasted about 15 minutes and just went over the position and my resume, After this call I was scheduled for a phone interview with the Senior Manager who would be my boss if I were to get the position. The call lasted about 45 minutes and went through him telling me about his team and the position to more in-depth questions about my experience and programs I use. It became pretty clear that he was only looking for someone with previous automotive industry experience and not just a skillset. The interview as a whole from start to finish was a little cold - when the interview concluded he told me that the talent acquisition manager would follow up with me in the next few days to tell me the next steps of the process but I never heard from either again.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you leave this job?   Answer Question
    • He prefaced the question with, 'You know now a'days everyone thinks they are a designer' - How would you handle a stakeholder insisting on a change to your design?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Manheim in April 2014.

After applying online through my college, I later received a phone call inquiring if I was still interested in the position. After affirming that I was, they asked a few preliminary questions (confirming the internship was for the coming summer, that I could work in Atlanta, salary range, etc.) and I was later called for a second phone interview with a woman in HR, who recorded my answers and the answers of other interviewees and sent the responses to my boss, who chose who he wanted to call back. After interviewing with him over the phone, I was later hired. I was very impressed with my boss; it was a very relaxed but directed conversation and both of the later phone interviews were quite enjoyable. The company has a great work culture and is full of very great people, and I really loved my time there.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any questions that were too difficult to answer; for the most part they were all very straightforward. For the second interview I was asked where my motivation came from, and I was also asked what I am most proud of.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, as I was an intern.

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Manheim in November 2013.

I was contacted by an outside company who was who was being utilized by Manheim to assist in the candidate review. They were not a recruiting firm but were working as outsourced recruiters who filtered candidates and provided a recommended list back to Manheim HR. Telephone interview went very well and recruiter asked for my availability to schedule follow on interviews with Manheim HR. Never heard back from them although repeated attempts were made.

Interview Questions
    • There are both white collar as well as blue collar employees at Manheim, would you have an issue working with both and if not why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at Manheim.

Long time employess I was recruited years ago

Quick and simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Manheim in October 2013.

Sent my resume out and got a response about a week later for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked basic selling questions that they say they ask all candidates. Approximately, 3 weeks later I was asked to a face to face interview with 2 people in upper management. It was an hour long interview asking me all sorts of sales questions and a run down of my career. Here is where you really have to sell yourself and be a communicator. After my interview, another 3 weeks passed and I was called for another face to face with a territory GM. Again very detailed questions regarding my skills and experience. 1 week went by and I was called and offered the job. The whole process took 2 months. They are very thorough and particular. My advise is to be prepared about knowing about the Manheim culture and what you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • What is your one favorite movie of all time? He asked me this at the very end of the interview as we were shaking hands, kind of an ambush but I think they were looking for me to think quick on my feet.

Asked many detailed sales questions like What was your greatest challenge and how did you take care of it?

Answer Question
    No negotiating, The salary is the same for all. I know that they are a large company with great benefits.

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Manheim in August 2013.

Phone interview followed by face to face with Field Sales Mgr and the ultimately location interview with FSM and GSM.

IT Analyst Interview

2 interviews

Facilities Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manheim.

Great people, informative and straight to point. The meeting was on time, covered all bases and you leave with really no questions. I would recommend them for employment.