Manifest Digital

Manifest Digital Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Digital Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Manifest Digital.

Awful, awful process. They kept me waiting for half an hour, the people I was supposed to meet didn't show up. I had to come back like 3 times and repeat the same terrible process. The person I originally interviews with was fired between me meeting them and getting an offer. It's just chaos.

Interview Questions
    Got an offer through email. I didn't really negotiate.

Manifest Digital Response

May 19, 2014Director of HR

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during the interview process. We'll be sure to share your comments with those who manage this area and we'll work to make improvements. Thank you ... More

Senior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manifest Digital.

If you're in the creative industry and being recruited by Manifest Digital, you're probably hearing a story of how they just hired an amazing new creative director, how they've got all these opportunities lined up, how they just reorganized and they're about to expand to a new city....

I wouldn't put much faith in any of that. This is the fourth year in a row they've been trying to sell that. When I first started working there they had just merged with a company called Kerosene Digital. Within a year, every single employee had been fired and all the accounts were lost.

If you're a designer, expect to spend most of your time creating graphics for some UX person's power point presentation. Oh, and they seat the project managers and your supervisor directly behind you so your screen can be monitored. Good times!

Interview Questions
    • Just standard stuff. They'll ask about UX, so study up about that   Answer Question
    They lied to me about bonuses and the chance to have my salary bumped up at 6 months.

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manifest Digital in August 2013.

I had an initial callwith the HR Manager and was brought onsite to meet with the team. Everyone was very nice and asked questions that probed thoughtful answers. It wasn't just cut and dry. I made a connection with the team and could tell how passionate they were about their job.

Interview Questions
    • This is a tight industry to recruit in... what ways will you increase the number of candidates we outreach and how will you find great talent?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a bit. I was brought on as a contractor and when hired full-time I negotiated a higher salary by a few grand.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Manifest Digital.

Disorganized process. Initial phone screen went fine, after that interviewed with two different teams. Given very little info about what to expect, with one interview given the names of five different people who would be there, only one turned out to be part of it, plus two others. Never heard back after interview with second team. A simple email from human resources to close the loop to say you went with another candidate, or filled the position internally goes a long way. If I am not the right fit, then that's ok - but those types of gaps leave a poor impression.

Interview Questions
    • No tough or unexpected questions. Just asked about past experience and management style.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Manifest Digital.

It's a chaotic and disorganized hiring process, so don't get discouraged. I wound up accepting and offer and found out that they didn't keep any of the compensation promises that were made. Don't trust anything they say regarding compensation--GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!

Interview Questions
    • Just standard questions. Learn about UX before you go in, they're heavy into that.   Answer Question

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Manifest Digital in July 2012.

Was called by the recruiter after finding my resume on LinkedIn. Had a phone screen with her, then a second phone screen with someone at the office. Both phone screens focused on past experience, including gaps in the work I've done. I was then invited for an in-person interview. Met with a peer and a VP, further discussed the nature of my work and my philosophy on Interaction Design. Followed up in e-mail and phone, but received absolutely no response. I see no reason why a company who recruits someone should simply decided to cease contact. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were out of left field or particularly difficult. They focused primarily on previous experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manifest Digital in April 2011.

The hiring process is very disorganized and they know it. After the initial phone interview, you meet with someone from HR in person (after waiting about a half hour to see that person). Then, if you get the second in-person interview, you wait another half hour to speak with a few people from your department. Then, after waiting another half hour to an hour, you meet with a hiring manager/department head. It's a very long process and expect it to take close to two weeks. The entire process is very poorly structured, mostly because the entire company is very busy all the time and do not set aside time for interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell us about Manifest Digital and what we do?   Answer Question