Manitowoc Co.

Manitowoc Co. Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

Mechanical Engineer/Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manitowoc Co. in October 2014.

I got set up for an interview through a recruiting company. They called me asking me if i was interested in this position. The position required a lot of CAD work and to work on the production floor.
    The interview process started with a 15-20 minute call with the recruiter asking me about my experience and why I would qualify for this position. So after the interview, she asked for 3 references.
    I sent her the references. Then, i got a call from her asking me she would like to set me up for an interview with the hiring manager.
    A week later, I arrived for the interview. The recruiter was there. The manager later arrived to get me and we went to an office along with another manager. I sat on the chair and everyone was silent so I started the conversation. After explaining a little about myself they asked me a couple of questions but I was pretty much doing most of the talking. Halfway into the interview, the lady manager started playing on her phone while the guy manager kept yawning every few seconds. I just kept asking myself, am i really that boring?? Anyways, the interview room was reserved for about 2 hours and the interview actually only lasted about 20 minutes. I sort off knew there was going to be no offer because of the interest they showed in me halfway into the interview.

I contacted the recruiter a few days later and she told me that they didn't want to make an offer at this time because I had mentioned I didn't want to do any hands-on work. This is totally wrong and didn't make any sense because I told them I was very interested in being part of the production process, not just the design.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just basic stuff based on your resume. Just be prepared to talk and talk. They look for you to initiate the conversation.   Answer Question

Government Relations Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Manitowoc Co..

Approached by the company. Wanted to establish an office in DC to pursue federal contracts. one on one with CEO/Owner. Was not interested but they kept pursuing. There offer was too conservative. Made counter-offer which they scuffed at. Called two weeks later and accepted my offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Manitowoc Co..

Interview was handled over 10 years ago when the company was a different type of company, but the interview was handled very well. Felt very easy going and were very clear about job duties and possibility of growing within the company. Process was quite short, interviewed with one person and another sat in on the interview. Never interviewed with HR, although now days I know the first interview is with HR.

Interview Questions
    • What I did to go above and beyond for my previous company.   Answer Question
    It was quite easy being that I had been unemployed for a long time and was very willing to accept their first offer.

Assembler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manitowoc Co..

Had two interviews, phone and face to face, it was technical in stuff and had two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • It was very technical in nature that requires a through knowledge of the profession.   Answer Question