Manko Window Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Manko Window Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – I started through a temp service and before I had even signed a contract with them, I got a call saying someone wanted to interview me already. The next day, I had an interview with the hiring manager. I was very nervous and unprepared but I had a very good resume. The interviewer told me he was interested in hiring me because I had an advanced degree and a near-perfect GPA. He said this was a good indication that I would work very hard for the company. However, he said they didn’t have a position open and that he would create one for me. He asked me how I felt about having no specific job title. I needed a job so badly that I said I could make it work. The next day, he called me and offered me a job. He said he’d talked to the owner of the company and, based on my experience and education, they would place me on a fast-track to upper management.

I did not meet anyone else the day I interviewed but, based on what the hiring manager told me, I got the impression that the people I would be working with were highly organized and very professional. The office seemed clean and the building was in good condition. I was interviewed in a conference room with a large American flag on the wall – which I liked. However, during the interview, I heard swearing, sighs of frustration, and trash talk about customers from the office staff.

Interview Question – The interviewer didn't ask me any specific questions. He said my resume was enough. He seemed more interested in just getting me in the door. The interview lasted less than 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. The manager offered me $12 an hour to start and promised me a raise after the 90 day probation period. I was so desperate for work that I accepted.

My advice to anyone thinking about working for this company is to ask for what you feel you're worth. Don't let them low-ball you just because you're desperate for a job. Also, keep in mind that, no matter what they tell you, you will be there temporarily unless you have no desire to advance.

Also, if you are a professional, you will NOT be working with other professionals. If that's what you're looking for, you're better off working fast food.

Worked for Manko Window Systems? Contribute to the Community!