Manpower

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Manpower

Interview Details – I took some typing and computer software tests which I did very well on. Then, I spoke with several Manpower employees (Sr. Staffing Specialist, Manager, and Regional Manager) about current and future employment goals.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation... take it or leave it.

Staffing Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manpower.

Interview Details – Interview one time with direct supervisor and then with someone in upper managment. I interviewed with the President. Pretty basic interview but also must complete online testing, testing during interview and drug/background check. Then must complete 2 weeks of training.

Interview Question – There were a lot of questions about "rejection."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Cut-and-dry salary/benefits

Harrisburg, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Manpower in February 2011.

Interview Details – Company called me selling me on their service and why their company is looking for a recruiter. They did a lot of selling vs. getting to know about me and what experiences I have had over the years.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Vancouver, WA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manpower in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed up by an in person interview and a second interview. Offer and communications made via email.

Interview Question – What are you top stengths?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manpower in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was recruited off a job board for this position because I had sales experience. After two phone conversations with an RPO recruiter, had an in-person interview scheduled with the branch manager. After we had interviewed for roughly 1 hour, had another unscheduled interview with the regional director. Both were very cordial and free-flowing interviews.

After 3 days, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Walk me through your work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not really have a negotiation phase. I was told that the salary would be at one level during the interview and was offered at $2,000 above the number.

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Manpower in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very easy... The manager liked me. I got to meet the VP of the north american division

Negotiation Details – there was none, fair offer was made

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manpower in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received an initial phone call from HR and had a brief phone interview, had another phone interview 2 days later with the Lead Recruiter in HR. The phone interviews went well so they set up an interview for me with the Branch Manager.
During the interview we talked about my background and he told me more about their business. Received call a couple days later for a final interview with the Regional Director. It was very casual and relaxing, as we were talking more about what Manpower wants to do in the future and how I can fit in the plan.
Got a call from HR with their job offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected during the whole process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated after the initial job offer, improved offer was made and accepted.

Staffing Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Manpower in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter that requested a phone interview for the following day. I accepted the phone interview and we discussed the job requirements and the description. The recruiter was knowledgable and very professional.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were required to unexpectedly present a presentation? How did you handle the pressure?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Manpower

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Manpower Staffing Specialist interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Manpower employees and interview candidates.