Manulife Financial

51 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Applications Developer Interview

Java Applications Developer

I interviewed at Manulife Financial in December 2011.

Interview Details – HR interview with some typical HR questions. Then interview with Manager and Tech Lead for an hour Java and Object Oriented questions. Basic (inheritence, polymorphism, inheritence etc)to JVM, Gave a case from which designing class and interfaces..

Negotiation Details – The manager, looking my education and experience proposed the salary that I accepted.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial in June 2014.

Interview Details – This was an extremely long process. After applying online it took about a month to hear a reply. 2 weeks later there was a 30 min phone interview regarding background, salary expectations and an deeper explanation of the direction the company was taking. Next step was a 3 person interview about 3 weeks later. Interview was held at their Waterloo office and lasted 1 hour. They asked several competency-based interview questions, asked if I had any questions and then the interview was over. About two week waiting time to hear a response as to the position being filled. A little over a 2 month process.
The entire process was riddled with inconsistency and the hiring manager seemed a bit disorganized. Confirmed dates being missed, feedback promised and never fulfilled, interview questions being read off of a piece of paper and clearly just plucked from a website. That being said the interviewers themselves were pleasant and did not make the process uncomfortable. It would have helped to have more information about what kinds of things to expect at the interview.
Looked like a nice place to work, however, it seems evident that they are not very organized with the interview process yet, seemed very off the cuff.

Interview Question – What mistakes have you made and how did you approach fixing them?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiting agency and heard back from Manulife within a week for an interview. The interview was a bit long (little over an hour) and had two people asking questions. The entire interview process was very fast as I found out 3 days later that I did not get an offer.

Interview Question – What is your philosophy on case managing?   Answer Question

Senior Actuarial Analyst III Interview

Senior Actuarial Analyst III

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – went to second round for campus recruiting, first round was 2 to 1 interview for about 45 mins, no hard questions. Second round was day long, lots of detail questions based on my experiences, there was a British lady who has really heavy accent, had a hard time to understand her questions

Disability Case Manager Interview

Disability Case Manager

Interview Details – The first telephone interview was an initial screening checking that I knew basic information about Manulife and that I had the required education. The second interview was longer asking me about different scenarios, what I would do if I had conflict with a conflict with a person, conflict with a manager, etc.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions but second telephone was long (80 minutes)   Answer Question

Contract Senior Project Manager Interview

Contract Senior Project Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired via a recruiter. The recruiter contact me and set up the interview. I interview only one time. The interviewers were two senior managers. They asked me about my previous PM backround.

Interview Question – How do you handle a project were there is ambiguity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a hourly rate and accepted after one round of negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Manulife Financial in October 2012.

Interview Details – First Round: HR Recruiters, questions about background and reasons why I wanted to join
Second Round: SVP and AVP, questions around what I brought to the table, some technical skills questions, more about fit and what my future goals were. As this role was based more on leadership they were looking for people they could groom into a future business leader.

Interview Question – What are some of the greatest challenges you feel are facing insurance today and how do you feel your skill set can help Manulife overcome or help to address these issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Depends on the manager. I negotiated a later start date and an extra month off (unpaid) at anytime during my first year.

Market Research Consultant Interview

Market Research Consultant
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in March 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email to set up an interview appointment. So there was no initial screening phone interview. 2 persons panel. One was the most senior guy in the team and the other was a lady who had been working for over a decade as a Junior Consultant. This puzzled me a lot that why someone with so many years of experience is not being promoted to the Consultant position, simply. Perhaps hours issue.

Job title and job description were not matching the actual requirements of the role. They needed a project manager more than a research consultant.

Interview Question – Talk about project management experience
Show that you can handle the logistics part of the research as well as the analysis and report writing
  Answer Question

Group Benefits Customer Service Representative Interview

Group Benefits Customer Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were about 3 interviews, first on telephone, then with manager and then with the director. Overall a positive and professional experience

Interview Question – Typical questions in an interview related to the job   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Actuarial Co-op
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – 2 very friendly interviewer interviewed me. They were so nice that they talked to me as if they were my friends. They are mostly looking for people who are good at interacting with people so the interview for Coops wasn't hard. As reflected by the interviewers, the work place was friendly and professional.

Interview Question – None. The interview was more like a chat so it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a coop position, so nothing could be negotiated.

Worked for Manulife Financial? Contribute to the Community!