Manulife Financial Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Responded to questions on Taleo. Interview process: HR, Hiring Manager, Panel Interview with peer group. Interviews were very honest about the company culture. Fit seemed to be as important as technical knowledge, experience and education. All interviewers presented a very accurate picture of what to expect. Overall, the process was smooth and relatively quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Typical behavioural question types.   Answer Question
    Salary was not negotiable. I took the job nonetheless to get in the door as the future opportunities seemed promising.

Java Applications Developer Interview

interviewed at Manulife Financial in December 2011.

HR interview with some typical HR questions. Then interview with Manager and Tech Lead for an hour Java and Object Oriented questions. Basic (inheritence, polymorphism, inheritence etc)to JVM, Gave a case from which designing class and interfaces..

The manager, looking my education and experience proposed the salary that I accepted.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial in June 2014.

This was an extremely long process. After applying online it took about a month to hear a reply. 2 weeks later there was a 30 min phone interview regarding background, salary expectations and an deeper explanation of the direction the company was taking. Next step was a 3 person interview about 3 weeks later. Interview was held at their Waterloo office and lasted 1 hour. They asked several competency-based interview questions, asked if I had any questions and then the interview was over. About two week waiting time to hear a response as to the position being filled. A little over a 2 month process.
    The entire process was riddled with inconsistency and the hiring manager seemed a bit disorganized. Confirmed dates being missed, feedback promised and never fulfilled, interview questions being read off of a piece of paper and clearly just plucked from a website. That being said the interviewers themselves were pleasant and did not make the process uncomfortable. It would have helped to have more information about what kinds of things to expect at the interview.
    Looked like a nice place to work, however, it seems evident that they are not very organized with the interview process yet, seemed very off the cuff.

Interview Questions
    • What mistakes have you made and how did you approach fixing them?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial in July 2014.

I applied through a recruiting agency and heard back from Manulife within a week for an interview. The interview was a bit long (little over an hour) and had two people asking questions. The entire interview process was very fast as I found out 3 days later that I did not get an offer.

Senior Actuarial Analyst III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

went to second round for campus recruiting, first round was 2 to 1 interview for about 45 mins, no hard questions. Second round was day long, lots of detail questions based on my experiences, there was a British lady who has really heavy accent, had a hard time to understand her questions

Disability Case Manager Interview

The first telephone interview was an initial screening checking that I knew basic information about Manulife and that I had the required education. The second interview was longer asking me about different scenarios, what I would do if I had conflict with a conflict with a person, conflict with a manager, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions but second telephone was long (80 minutes)   Answer Question

Contract Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial in February 2011.

I was hired via a recruiter. The recruiter contact me and set up the interview. I interview only one time. The interviewers were two senior managers. They asked me about my previous PM backround.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a hourly rate and accepted after one round of negotiation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Manulife Financial in October 2012.

First Round: HR Recruiters, questions about background and reasons why I wanted to join
    Second Round: SVP and AVP, questions around what I brought to the table, some technical skills questions, more about fit and what my future goals were. As this role was based more on leadership they were looking for people they could groom into a future business leader.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the greatest challenges you feel are facing insurance today and how do you feel your skill set can help Manulife overcome or help to address these issues?   Answer Question
    Depends on the manager. I negotiated a later start date and an extra month off (unpaid) at anytime during my first year.

Market Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in March 2014.

Received an email to set up an interview appointment. So there was no initial screening phone interview. 2 persons panel. One was the most senior guy in the team and the other was a lady who had been working for over a decade as a Junior Consultant. This puzzled me a lot that why someone with so many years of experience is not being promoted to the Consultant position, simply. Perhaps hours issue.

Job title and job description were not matching the actual requirements of the role. They needed a project manager more than a research consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about project management experience
      Show that you can handle the logistics part of the research as well as the analysis and report writing
        Answer Question

Group Benefits Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in May 2010.

There were about 3 interviews, first on telephone, then with manager and then with the director. Overall a positive and professional experience

Interview Questions

Worked for Manulife Financial? Contribute to the Community!